• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Claude Giroux Snubbed From Team Canada

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Flyer fans,

Chris Kunitz < John McCarthy, Taylor Pyatt*, Jesse Joenssu, Colin MacDonald

Ok guys, whatever you say.

*-denotes "oh wait, he's a Penguin now"

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Doobster will come up with a list of players better than Claude Giroux of course, and since stats & facts mean nothing here, expect a very long list.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude the point is crosby had a hard time gelling with his teammates last Olys...not sure why but it was obviously a concern hence kunitz being selected over better players. No one is saying crosby isn't a good player but that part is fact and so is kunitz riding his coat tails. Anyway it's no use you are obviously brainwashed....

Who cares if Kunitz is riding his coattails? If they play incredibly well together and Criesby has trouble gelling with wingers, why wouldn't you want that pairing together on your team if your goal is to win? You'd rather have Giroux and Crosby together possibly not gelling and lose as a result, just because Giroux is a better player than Kunitz? I wouldn't. This isn't the All-star game.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just think the hate for Kunitz is misguided if anyone things that he cost Claude Giroux or Martin St. Louis a roster spot. I don't think players like Giroux & St. Louis were competing against the likes of Chris Kunitz. They would be competing with the likes of Sid, Getzlaf, Toews, Bergeron, & Tavares, maybe even Matt Duchene & Jamie Benn as well (playmakers). Kunitz, Nash, Perry, Marleau, Carter & Sharp were competing against another group of players (snipers & power forwards).

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who cares if Kunitz is riding his coattails? If they play incredibly well together and Criesby has trouble gelling with wingers, why wouldn't you want that pairing together on your team if your goal is to win? You'd rather have Giroux and Crosby together possibly not gelling and lose as a result, just because Giroux is a better player than Kunitz? I wouldn't. This isn't the All-star game.

Hey I don't disagree I just disagree with Doobs trying to tell us that kunitz is now one of the best power forwards in the game at 193 lbs! Plus he has earned the right over better players??? IMO Canada settled for crosbys every day linemate instead of someone who would quite likely do better especially against world class talent. We all know on his own kunitz isn't world class....

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Flyer fans,

Be careful now you're trolling level...no one said kunitz is 4th line just not world class.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Flyer fans,

I just think the hate for Kunitz is misguided if anyone things that he cost Claude Giroux or Martin St. Louis a roster spot. I don't think players like Giroux & St. Louis were competing against the likes of Chris Kunitz. They would be competing with the likes of Sid, Getzlaf, Toews, Bergeron, & Tavares, maybe even Matt Duchene & Jamie Benn as well (playmakers). Kunitz, Nash, Perry, Marleau, Carter & Sharp were competing against another group of players (snipers & power forwards).

I suggest you go back and read our posts...plus you do realize that most of these players can do it all right? Canada has an abundance of well rounded players so it really comes down to situational players for you last few....

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems world class to me,
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ts8vwAdMxfY]Chris Kunitz [HQ] - YouTube[/ame]

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Claudius is one of my favorite non Hawks.

I can't believe he didn't make the team.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your argument has been made Doob. All I ask is that you recognize you could use stats and single highlights to show anything you wanted in this world. There are better hockey players that were left off team Canada so Kunitz could be on it. End of story.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And just to eliminate bias, James Neal is one of those players.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your argument has been made Doob. All I ask is that you recognize you could use stats and single highlights to show anything you wanted in this world. There are better hockey players that were left off team Canada so Kunitz could be on it. End of story.

I think everything that's meant to be said has been said. I respect that we'll have to disagree (we are Flyer/Penguin fans after all). I think Claude Giroux is a great player and totally worthy of being on the Canadian team. Also feel the same about Kunitz tho. I'll just leave it at that.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems world class to me,

Yeah, except the majority of the goals he's scoring in this vid are while he's alone in front of a gaping net or on a breakaway. Scotty Hartnell probably has a better vid showcasing his skills.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha this is almost too comical to end but I'll put it to rest on this final note. You could put players like G or St.Louis on the panthers and they'd still produce but we all know kunitz would drop back to his normal level of production which is well under a point a game. The only person who believes otherwise is Doobs.

I really hope that crosby kunitz produce in the Olys otherwise it could be a fatal error on Yzermans part...pressure will be on!

Progeriakid

Hanging Pork
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha this is almost too comical to end but I'll put it to rest on this final note. You could put players like G or St.Louis on the panthers and they'd still produce but we all know kunitz would drop back to his normal level of production which is well under a point a game. The only person who believes otherwise is Doobs.

I really hope that crosby kunitz produce in the Olys otherwise it could be a fatal error on Yzermans part...pressure will be on![/QUOTE]

Exactly why I will be rooting against team canada every game they play, I hope they choke big time and it all comes back to Y and his decision making.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm with progs. The only reason I had to not hate team Canada, didn't make team Canada. So I hope everyone huffs and puffs and blows the Leaves back across the Atlantic :)

:usa2:

Except Russia because fuck them.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doobster is rooting for USA & Finland regardless of who made what team. Canada already had their moment in the Sun. Time for someone else to get their time to shine.