• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Claude Giroux Snubbed From Team Canada

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kuni didn't cost Giroux an Olympic roster spot. Giroux cost Giroux an Olympic roster spot with his bad start. If hating about Kuni is all about being mad about Giroux not making the team then the hate is misguided.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also hate on Team Canada's centers/playmakers, they had more to do with Giroux not making the team than Kuni as well.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kuni didn't cost Giroux an Olympic roster spot. Giroux cost Giroux an Olympic roster spot with his bad start. If hating about Kuni is all about being mad about Giroux not making the team then the hate is misguided.

Be completely honest, which player is more important to his team - Kunitz or G? It's clear that G is more important because he has been dominant for the last month and a half and it has shown in the Flyers record - he's hot right now and it's something you can't take for granted

There are a bunch of guys they could have taken over Kunitz and people have already mentioned the names

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also hate on Team Canada's centers/playmakers, they had more to do with Giroux not making the team than Kuni as well.

Wait - you just said G himself was why he didn't make the team, yet now you're saying that Team Canada's Centers/Playmakers had something to do with him not making the team? What if G never got off to a bad start, it couldn't have ended up being anything to do with the centers/playmakers, right?

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait - you just said G himself was why he didn't make the team, yet now you're saying that Team Canada's Centers/Playmakers had something to do with him not making the team? What if G never got off to a bad start, it couldn't have ended up being anything to do with the centers/playmakers, right?

What if...

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you want to justify Giroux making the team, the players you want to hate on are the following,
-Sidney Crosby
-Ryan Getzlaf
-John Tavares
-Jonathan Toews
-Patrice Bergeron

BTW, I wouldn't hate on Sid, that will mess up all of your arguments against Kuni.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doob first of all no one's saying kunitz is a bum just a 2nd tier Fwd who's riding crosby. Everyone knows it and he's only in this convo because Canada was worried about finding chemistry especially with crosby as last time they had troubles. I can handle the decision but for pen fans to now say he's tier 1 power Fwd and earned it is a load of shit. Fact is if crosby wasn’t on this team neither would kunitz.

Even still they left off some better players in fear of the chemistry factor which could be a mistake we shall see. I really do think guys like nash and carter could be worse mistakes though. I would rather see better talent heck Richards means more to the kings than carter as he can handle more roles and doesn't choke. St.Louis or G would also do more than those two. Yes G can play wing that's where he came into the league so your center comparison is leaking like a siv.....

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 - There's no way anyone on Canada is worried about chemistry with Sid,
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GwTShB6Gfs]Sidney Crosby's Golden Goal awesome!!!!!!!!!!! - YouTube[/ame]

2 - Say what you want subjectively, but Kunitz deserves to be there by all objective standards.

3 - Giroux probably could play winger, but he would still be a playmaker, Team Canada needed power forwards. It wasn't about Giroux not being good enough to be there, it was about Team Canada's needs.

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do I think Giroux should have been picked.

Of course,you go with who's hot now.I would prefer that no Flyers were participating and resting up for the 2nd half surge on the flightless fucks(PENS).

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize that kunitz is 193 lbs right? He's one of the lightest guys on the team.

Is carter a power forward?

Is nash playing his best hockey right now?

Did you watch every second of every Canada game in the last Olys? If you did you would have realized that crosby under performed. They changed up his line numerous times and basically became a decoy until that final goal. Which I may remind you Iggy did all the work in the corner to pry the puck to crosby who actually whiffs on his shot which fooled miller. Of course all the news outlets said crosby won the tournament for Canada but the experts knew it was the Toews line who shut down the top lines and scored all tournament.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do I think Giroux should have been picked.

Of course,you go with who's hot now.I would prefer that no Flyers were participating and resting up for the 2nd half surge on the flightless fucks(PENS).

I have no problems with Giroux, I personally would've taken Giroux over Bergeron. Flyer fans should focus their hate on Bergeron. If anyone took Giroux's spot on the team it was Bergeron.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize that kunitz is 193 lbs right? He's one of the lightest guys on the team.

Did you watch every second of every Canada game in the last Olys? If you did you would have realized that crosby under performed. They changed up his line numerous times and basically became a decoy until that final goal. Which I may remind you Iggy did all the work in the corner to pry the puck to crosby who actually whiffs on his shot which fooled miller. Of course all the news outlets said crosby won the tournament for Canada but the experts knew it was the Toews line who shut down the top lines and scored all tournament.

1 - Kuni might not weigh much but he plays big.

2 - Sid was 22 during the 2010 games. 20 years from now, Sid's golden goal will be all people remember from men's ice hockey tournament of that year.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, I love the logic here, Sid sux, but he also somehow makes scrub Kuni more productive than Giroux (probably some Bettman trick). Talk about having your cake and eating it to.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Right, Sid doesn't carry the puck around 3 U.S. defenders, passes it to Iggy while Suter is all over him and a ref is in the way. Also LOL at Sid whiffing on that shot. Watch in super slow mo, that thing is on and off Sid's stick blade like a laser. I don't think you realize how magic Sid really is. Try pretending he isn't a Penguin, then you'll see more clearly.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only way Sid whiffed on that shot is if he also knows how to warp space/time, which wouldn't surprise me knowing Sid.

Progeriakid

Hanging Pork
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only way Sid whiffed on that shot is if he also knows how to warp space/time, which wouldn't surprise me knowing Sid.

Now you sound like your ready to drop to your knees and felate the dude, jesus christ man, get a grip, I imagine your house with sid wallpaper and toilet paper and a big yellow stripe down your bed sheets just like down sids back as well. How big a fanboy can one person be?? Doob we love ya but your love for a coward is insane.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sid wallpaper, orange toilet paper (jk).

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would've personally chosen Giroux, St. Louis, Seguin and Hall over Kunitz, Carter, Marleau and Nash. I'm sure that Giroux and Seguin are just as capable of playing wing (if necessary) as Carter and Marleau. You're not getting as much size, but you are getting a lot more elite level talent/skill and easily just as much if not more goal scoring ability.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, I love the logic here, Sid sux, but he also somehow makes scrub Kuni more productive than Giroux (probably some Bettman trick). Talk about having your cake and eating it to.

Dude the point is crosby had a hard time gelling with his teammates last Olys...not sure why but it was obviously a concern hence kunitz being selected over better players. No one is saying crosby isn't a good player but that part is fact and so is kunitz riding his coat tails. Anyway it's no use you are obviously brainwashed....

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would've personally chosen Giroux, St. Louis, Seguin and Hall over Kunitz, Carter, Marleau and Nash. I'm sure that Giroux and Seguin are just as capable of playing wing (if necessary) as Carter and Marleau. You're not getting as much size, but you are getting a lot more elite level talent/skill and easily just as much if not more goal scoring ability.

Yes agreed I'd even take Richards over those guys. Yes a little slower but he does what it takes to win and can play every position PK and PP.