• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Chicago Cubs Ongoing Buzz Thread

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First place boys!!!. Soler will prove me right, he is the closest thing to Stanton.

Boy they keep winning Theo might hold Bryant out to try to keep him under control til 2030

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kris Bryant being brought up. Olt to the DL with a fracture in his wrist. Just the type of injury to let you call him up without the MLBPA being able to win a grievance case.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kris Bryant being brought up. Olt to the DL with a fracture in his wrist. Just the type of injury to let you call him up without the MLBPA being able to win a grievance case.

Maybe, maybe not. He was injured three or four games ago and the cubs reported Xrays showed no fracture.

The Theo bullshit about letting him get on a roll is barely holding water as well. Nothing is gonna happen now, the decision is gonna basically be effective in 2021

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well o-4, 3k's, but some nice defense at third.

Whatever on the grievance. Olt has a micro fracture in a bone in his wrist and he is in a hard cast like the bone split in half. So much for we do it our way, our way starts with the kid on the road.

Maddon said Bryant told him he likes the outfield too, so who knows what happens when Russell cannot be held back anymore and or Olt returns.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trout struggled too on his initial call-up. Bryant will be fine imo. If we can get some good young arms, we could be a monster to contend with.

Beaker

Dragon's Bane
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quite the impressive breakdown by our good old Cubbies. Up 6-2 in the 9th, now it's 6-6. Yep, that seems about right.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
breakdown of the old cubbies, comeback of the new cubbies.

Bryant with three walks, two hits, on base every at bat. That helps that OBP. Second hit showed something beating out that weak grounder. Easy out but the double clutch by the SS nets an infield single.

Another surgical outing by Hendricks, one bad pitch to kemp. then 17/19 retired.

Lets see if this Ace we needed so badly can get to the 5th inning today.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes he is. Cant mess with the lineup too much. Feel Coughlin has led off enough to take that 9 hole and make it productive, I say Russell hits 6th since he is the one moving to second and castro loses the spot in the order.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not worried about the batting order. When I can make a case for Starlin Castro being the worst hitter in your lineup I don't think it matters that much. That isn't a knock on Castro. It is a statement about how potent the lineup has gotten. When the worst hitter in your lineup everyday is one of Fowler, Coghlan, Castro or Addison Russell you shouldn't have problems scoring runs. Even if Russell struggles early, which I expect from rookies as a general rule, he should still be better than the average bat at 2B which was .257/.308/.367 last year in the NL.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell will be hitting 9th tonight playing second base, going to be wearing 22.

Alot is in these kids heads. Beat player is the SS and worst hitter bats 9th is something that sticks since little league. Really dont see what this team needs right now to push the Castillo or Castro trades, but they should have a pretty good idea by the end of june.

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another comeback win for the boys in blue. Fun F'n team to watch

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cubs need help in middle relief with Ramirez out. They can't just keep piping fastballs to major league hitters. Schlitter needs to be sent down to develop another pitch. Other than that, great game last night against the Pirates.

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feeling out the team and learning the roles. Last night Maddon emptied the bench in the 8th again, after KB battled to 3-2 he called time out, put Wood in as the pinch runner for Rizzo which would have put Wood in the outfield for the ninth and however many extra innings might have been played if the cubs tied the game.

Sure hope he starts planning for the extra innings, especially after replacing Fowler with Denorfia. Did he realize Alcantara is not here anymore?

Win two out of three games you will make it to 100 wins. Putting Travis Wood in a position to be injured running or throwing in the outfield to win one game sounds a little greedy.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cubs off to a better start than anyone realistically expected. Rizzo with 6 steals already matching his career high from 2013. Bryant hitting .341/.471/.439 with 0 HRs is not quite what anyone expected with the great avg and OBP, but 0 HRs. Castro hitting .342 is also a nice surprise and while I don't expect him to maintain it a .320 avg season is very realistic out of him and we are talking about a guy who hit .300+ at 20 and 21 so a .340 season isn't unrealistic. Russell started slow, but does have a 3 game hitting streak going and finally took a walk yesterday. If he gets going along with the rest of the offense they are going to put up a lot of runs.

It looks like Lester is coming around after his dead arm issues in the spring. Wood and Hammel are off to good starts. Hopefully Hendricks gets going and who would have guessed EJax would have an ERA of 0 at this point? The bullpen needs Grimm and Ramirez back. I still think if they make a move at the deadline it will be for a starter, but the pitching hasn't been bad.

The best stat of the early season is that the Cubs are 2nd in OBP in the NL. After the last few years of inept offense that a huge boost and has led being 3rd in the NL in runs scored per game. Throw in the #5 ERA in the NL and the team is not only looking great and winning games, but have the stats to back it up as sustainable.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hardly ever read and post anything on this board,and maybe it has to do with no one else does either,but damn Milwaukee has been dismal this season and we just lost two out of three against them. :L

but I guess those three defensive gems by the brew Crew yesterday didn`t help our cause any........oh well.Lets take down STL!!!

anotheridiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
choked away a 5 run gift lead yesterday, took it back to 4 and choked that away.

I am sick of watching Bryant work the count, then watch 2-0 or 3-1 fastballs dead center and straight go right into the catchers mitt. Take your walks, yes, thats good, but for christs sake, look to drive that ball dead center with less than 2 strikes 430 feet.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hardly ever read and post anything on this board,and maybe it has to do with no one else does either,but damn Milwaukee has been dismal this season and we just lost two out of three against them. :L

but I guess those three defensive gems by the brew Crew yesterday didn`t help our cause any........oh well.Lets take down STL!!!
And they took another series as well...this time in Wrigley. WTF?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a rough stretch against the Cardinals and Brewers. Hopefully they get things righted against the Mets. The problem is that 2/5 of the rotation is just not good. Wood is bad and Hendricks is young. Hendricks has a chance to develop into a solid starter, but he's not there at this point. I'm still holding out hope that they will put Wada in the rotation and Wood in the bullpen. They also need to release Coke.

The bullpen has blown several good leads recently. With Grimm and Ramirez getting back it should help some, but they still need improve the pitching. The offense has been better than I expected early, especially for how young it is. The bullpen was supposed to be the strength of the team and it hasn't lived up to that so far.