• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Caleb Williams

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So williams has still not hired an agent, so he can return to USC if he does not get picked first or goes to a team he wants to play for.

Has he even said he was going to participate at the combine yet? Alot of players go and dont throw.

jwolt92

The voice of fuckin reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 68,125.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So williams has still not hired an agent, so he can return to USC if he does not get picked first or goes to a team he wants to play for.

Has he even said he was going to participate at the combine yet? Alot of players go and dont throw.

I don't think this is true. Just read an NCAA memorandum and it specifically says they would need to withdraw their name by February 2nd

Don't know if this will work since it's a PDF

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think it was Tom Waddle on ESPN radio said that according to the NFLPA, NFL teams will only deal with rookie's agents.

However, saw a 2018 article that essentially says rookies have a set wage scale per the CBA, so no agent on the planet can negotiate for more based on where a player is selected.

So :noidea: . Sounds like CW wants to represent himself. Also sounds like he cant. Sounds like it wouldnt make a difference. IDK.
Lawyers. :mad2:

Last edited:

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bold trade proposal.......

JF and the 9th pick for Justin Jefferson......

Or JF for Jordan Addison........

Sounds to me Cousins will get a nice paycheck,and the Vikes will be giving Jefferson a big pay raise,maybe even Hunter......
They are 35 mill under the cap and still could afford two of the 3......its just a thought.
Vikes trade for JF and let Cousins go would save a ton of money for them......
And that would give CW his 2022 no.1 wr again......( I like it).

Something may have to give up North........( I guess I could've put this in the options thread.......)

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sounds to me Cousins will get a nice paycheck,and the Vikes will be giving Jefferson a big pay raise,maybe even Hunter......
They are 35 mill under the cap and still could afford two of the 3......its just a thought.

Something may have to give up North........( I guess I could've put this in the options thread.......)
Can't see the Bears possibly watching JF burning them twice a year. I trust neither scenario will happen.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't see the Bears possibly watching JF burning them twice a year. I trust neither scenario will happen.

It happens......It was just a crazy idea tho.....never think it would happen myself.....just thought 8t would make sense for Minnesota.....those three names are command a lot of money,not to mention Hockenson when his contract is up......

But if Poles thinks JF would torch us,he would not trade him in the first place.......

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cmon Poles,pull the trigger........

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It would also mean JJ torching up Minnesota twice a year......fair trade imo.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IS this a nothing burger.......??

Nothing to gain by throwing, so why throw?

If your draft position is pretty much set there's just no reason.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just as I expected from this primadonna. These fields nut huggers are not even going to wash their spooge rags.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Add MHJ to the mix of not participating.........

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just as I expected from this primadonna.

Opting to not throw at the combine doesn't make him a primadonna. A lot of QBs expected to be top picks opt to throw at their pro day instead.

This is a nothing burger with a side of nothing sauce.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IS this a nothing burger.......??

Opting to not throw at the combine doesn't make him a primadonna. A lot of QBs expected to be top picks opt to throw at their pro day instead.

This is a nothing burger with a side of nothing sauce.
Since he's going to be going thru the rituals in his pro day, whenever that is, I agree that not doing it for the Combine makes sense - why bother repeating yourself? But since he will be participating in the interview process, this at least gives Poles some upfront info to digest, might even be more important than when Williams actually shows off his physical skills.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since he's going to be going thru the rituals in his pro day, whenever that is, I agree that not doing it for the Combine makes sense - why bother repeating yourself? But since he will be participating in the interview process, this at least gives Poles some upfront info to digest, might even be more important than when Williams actually shows off his physical skills.
I will bite. Lets all start making excuses for the guy. How about look at the receivers he would be throwing to at the combine. The top picks, the middle picks, the bottom picks, players he has never thrown to before. Then lets look at his pro day, where he gets his pick of receivers he probably knows already and spend days or weeks rehearsing with. You see a QB hitting a receiver he never threw to in stride, you got a franchise quarterback qualifier.
He has never thrown to DJ Moore or Cole Kmet before, I think it give you a better idea of what kind of quarterback he really is.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will bite. Lets all start making excuses for the guy. How about look at the receivers he would be throwing to at the combine. The top picks, the middle picks, the bottom picks, players he has never thrown to before. Then lets look at his pro day, where he gets his pick of receivers he probably knows already and spend days or weeks rehearsing with. You see a QB hitting a receiver he never threw to in stride, you got a franchise quarterback qualifier.
He has never thrown to DJ Moore or Cole Kmet before, I think it give you a better idea of what kind of quarterback he really is.

Oh,I think its still nothing myself,as long as Poles and company gets to interview him........
I think he should on throw on Pro-Day tho.......
Teams are going to want to hire him,hes gonna get paid a very nice coin and they wanna see everything about him........maybe NFL has rules on yhis,I dont know,but these kids do not need to think they are bigger than the NFL......

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh,I think its still nothing myself,as long as Poles and company gets to interview him........
I think he should on throw on Pro-Day tho.......
Teams are going to want to hire him,hes gonna get paid a very nice coin and they wanna see everything about him........maybe NFL has rules on yhis,I dont know,but these kids do not need to think they are bigger than the NFL......
he already thinks he is bigger than the NFL. These get a piece of the team to grace you with my presence bullshit. Plus the regular draft rules do not apply to him since he still has not hired an agent. Then he will be ok to come to Chicago as long as the bears take a receiver at 9?

Patrick Mahomes was never the next anybody, so him thinking he is the next Mahomes might be accurate, if he turns into an average QB. I dont care how good he is, I watched this team win the superbowl with a great defense. I almost watched them win a second one until Lovie Smith took over the defensive playcalling and let Manning go against a vanilla prevent.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trust me when I say I'm not making any excuses for Williams, as I still have some serious doubts about taking him with our #1 pick. But to get on his case for skipping the physical part of the combine when he's going to host a pro day seems like a waste of emotion.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he already thinks he is bigger than the NFL. These get a piece of the team to grace you with my presence bullshit. Plus the regular draft rules do not apply to him since he still has not hired an agent. Then he will be ok to come to Chicago as long as the bears take a receiver at 9?

Patrick Mahomes was never the next anybody, so him thinking he is the next Mahomes might be accurate, if he turns into an average QB. I dont care how good he is, I watched this team win the superbowl with a great defense. I almost watched them win a second one until Lovie Smith took over the defensive playcalling and let Manning go against a vanilla prevent.
The team that played the bum New England QB’s won. The team that played the HOF #1 pick lost.

QB’s matter.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are several storylines at play here.

1) these rookies are already millionaires because of NIL (student compensation).
2) Not sure how much the NFL sets aside advertising, reservations, etc for Indy/combine, but you cant help but wonder if Goodell views non-participation as a snub to "the NFL process."