• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Burgers

Jimeoin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a burger per say, but Jamie Oliver did a cook off against some guy (vs in bacon sandwiches) and they both looked bloody amazing, gotta try it!

Yippy ki yay
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,940.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got one of these burger press's for Christmas and I highly recommend. Even if you don't want to stuff it , you can make a perfect patty. I know these have been around for a while, but i was amazed.

k2-_9232ec3f-8c81-42fc-acd3-0f9633b94197.v1.jpg

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got one of these burger press's for Christmas and I highly recommend. Even if you don't want to stuff it , you can make a perfect patty. I know these have been around for a while, but i was amazed.

View attachment 75712

The only thing that concerns me about that is that the meat could get too compacted. I'm fucking insane about that -- I even ask the butcher to handle and package the meat as delicately as possible.

IMO, the perfect burger will hardly be packed to where it's on the verge of falling apart before it hits the grill. The sear helps them stay together, but you do have to be gentle when you flip it. This produces a "fluffy" burger as opposed to a more dense one.

I get uniformity by using a digital food scale. 5oz of meat per patty.

The thought of stuffing the burgers is interesting though.

Yippy ki yay
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,940.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only thing that concerns me about that is that the meat could get too compacted. I'm fucking insane about that -- I even ask the butcher to handle and package the meat as delicately as possible.

IMO, the perfect burger will hardly be packed to where it's on the verge of falling apart before it hits the grill. The sear helps them stay together, but you do have to be gentle when you flip it. This produces a "fluffy" burger as opposed to a more dense one.

I just took some ground chuck out of the case and threw it in there making sure not to compact it from the start. Your point is valid and I agree there's nothing worse than a hard compacted hockey puck burger. My first go around tasted pretty good, but I'll use it more and give more feedback.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

View attachment 75712
I've seen them before but you don't really need one for juicy Lucys. I still just form them with my hands but you have to be careful that the filling won't leak during the cooking process when you do that otherwise you end up with a hollow burger. It's a fun concept to play around with and pretty much anything that sounds good tastes good in there.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love making blue cheese stuffed burgers.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got a new burger patty press ( past weekend) I'm going to use half lean ground beef and half sausage mix really well, ground up some bacon, ( Bears idea) and dice up some shredded cheese, ( Bar in Minnesota stuffs their burgers with cubes of cheese in theirs) so Im taken their idea and mixing it in the whole patty...

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The press sounds fun. I usually get pre-made mixed burgers from the butcher, but that sounds good on the traeger.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm with you on this. I have 4 "rules" when it comes to making burgers.

1. Freshly ground custom blend. Do it myself or go to the butcher. 40/40/20 sirloin/short rib/brisket is my preferred choice but I mix it up frequently.
2. Hand pack loosely. You should spend more than 5-7 seconds making the patty.
3. You can't oversalt the burger. But only salt the surface of the burger.
4. NEVER press the burger while cooking. This is the most important.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got a new burger patty press ( past weekend) I'm going to use half lean ground beef and half sausage mix really well, ground up some bacon, ( Bears idea) and dice up some shredded cheese, ( Bar in Minnesota stuffs their burgers with cubes of cheese in theirs) so Im taken their idea and mixing it in the whole patty...

As a Chef, just the word "press" kinda scares me when it comes to meat...However, At e by Jose Andres in Vegas(not meat related lol), they did use a type of press to make a Cotton Candy Emapanada filled with fois gras and corn nuts. I shit you not, sounds insane, tasted out of this world!!!

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what's everybody's favorite meat mix for burgers?

doing 40/40/20 chuck, sirloin and short rib for the 4th.

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
I've seen them before but you don't really need one for juicy Lucys. I still just form them with my hands but you have to be careful that the filling won't leak during the cooking process when you do that otherwise you end up with a hollow burger. It's a fun concept to play around with and pretty much anything that sounds good tastes good in there.

If you pinch the ends good, you'll be fine.
Just remember, after the first flip poke the centers with a toothpick, that will let heat escape so cheese won't have to push out seams.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Think that's the Juicy Lucy you are talking about.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been thinking about making a home version of the Famous "Juicy Lucy" from(I believe)Minneapolis this weekend here too. Its basically a burger stuffed with Lots of cheese in the middle. How could you go wrong? :suds:...

This is supposedly a pic from the place in Minny...

29721_juicy_lucy_burger.jpg

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only green thing on a burger should be lots of pickles!!!!

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been thinking about making a home version of the Famous "Juicy Lucy" from(I believe)Minneapolis this weekend here too. Its basically a burger stuffed with Lots of cheese in the middle. How could you go wrong? :suds:...

This is supposedly a pic from the place in Minny...

View attachment 133716

I still don't see how this is better than putting the stuff on top.

JohnRandle

Gold Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,356.27
Fav. Team #1
I agree. Gimmicky.

They just made it.....the customers made it a gimmick.
It is way better than a slice of cheese on top though. No matter how much you like to think otherwise..Bitch!!!

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They just made it.....the customers made it a gimmick.
It is way better than a slice of cheese on top though. No matter how much you like to think otherwise..Bitch!!!

Goddamnit, you know I'll eat the fucker.