• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bucs want to trade DJax

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No thanks. He is all about DJax.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the Bucs are torn.

Arians wants him, but the GM is seeing the 10 million cap hit.

He'll get paid close to that on the open market. He hasn't lost a step and just broke Jerry Rice's 60 yard TDs record last year.

7-8 mil per is probably his range, so if we had to over pay 3 million to make sure we added a speed element to our plodding offense that would be worth it, IMO.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bucs are only $3.5M under the cap, they don't even have enough money to sign their pending draft picks... he will likely get released.

Then we can make a play for him as long as the terms are team-friendly. He's still got some juice and would help our offense a lot actually.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want him back, diva or not. He wants to get back to what he was when he was here.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bucs are only $3.5M under the cap, they don't even have enough money to sign their pending draft picks... he will likely get released.

Then we can make a play for him as long as the terms are team-friendly. He's still got some juice and would help our offense a lot actually.
I was GM for the Bucs in a mock offseason. Wasn't hard maneuvering under the cap and I didn't even get rid of McCoy, JPP, or Jackson and still spent 20 million on FA Dbacks and a RG.

I'm not saying Licht is as smart as me, but he'll be able to do it too. He can get out of the Curry contract and that's 8 mil right there. Cut Brate for 7 million more. Cut a couple other useless linemen and he gets another easy 5+ million.

Northern Eagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was GM for the Bucs in a mock offseason. Wasn't hard maneuvering under the cap and I didn't even get rid of McCoy, JPP, or Jackson and still spent 20 million on FA Dbacks and a RG.

I'm not saying Licht is as smart as me, but he'll be able to do it too. He can get out of the Curry contract and that's 8 mil right there. Cut Brate for 7 million more. Cut a couple other useless linemen and he gets another easy 5+ million.

OK the cap thing wasn't a good example, my point is DJAX doesn't want to play with Winston, Arians was brought in to attempt to fix Winston, DJAX will likely be released in any event. Trading a draft pick for him at this point is stupid.

When he gets released, offer a "home town discount", if he wants to go back to Philly as much as he says he does, they should find some middle ground and come to terms. I personally would love to see him back in Eagles green, he can still take the top off any defense.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DJax just posted his good bye to Tampa on Twitter or Snap Chat ... I'm not a big social media guy ... but in one of those outlets.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK the cap thing wasn't a good example, my point is DJAX doesn't want to play with Winston, Arians was brought in to attempt to fix Winston, DJAX will likely be released in any event. Trading a draft pick for him at this point is stupid.

When he gets released, offer a "home town discount", if he wants to go back to Philly as much as he says he does, they should find some middle ground and come to terms. I personally would love to see him back in Eagles green, he can still take the top off any defense.
I think they'd find a suitor to trade with at 10 mil.

Also, Desean is perfect for Arians and Arians is supposed to make Winston more "Arians offense like."

Northern Eagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw this on the BGN website... keep in mind it is Eskin reporting so take it with a grain of salt...

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as they don't overpay ... I'm fine with DJax for a reasonable price. My expectations aren't all that high though. It's a great year for WR in the draft.

DeSean Jackson was reportedly fined extensively for being late, sleeping in meetings; wants to leave Bucs

I believe the release is solid news from what I am seeing here.

As far as the Eagles go.....I sure as hell hope they do not overpay. Sentimentally I do what D-Jax to come back. So much that I don't mind something like 2 year / $10M (to me that is still a few Mil over worth going forward)....but I really don't want to see much more than that.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get DJAX because Aggy may be traded or cut. Need to draft a stud to go along with DJAX, and Alshon.

HuskerNGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 990.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guaranteed its either/or for Agholor & Jackson. Just would be way too much money in WR vs the production with Alshon's contract. IMO a Jackson acquisition means Agholor is out. Agholor's contract is locked in Wednesday morning.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully it's a very late pick ... probably a restructured contract. I can't see the Eagles guaranteeing him 10 mil under this year's cap.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles send a 6th round pick, and get DJAX and a 7th round pick.

Another report says we send a 6th this year + a 7th round pick next year.

Who knows? I still like it either way! EXCITED!!!!!

Last edited:

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but in the contract it will state he has to attend Carson Wentz’s Bible study every week. :D