• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bucks on the OKC/IND pathway

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team is quietly setting themselves up to have a solid roster full of great young players with high upside next year.

Sanders has been out, but we know what he can do.

Henson has been GREAT, and will only get better as he gets stronger, and he can get A LOT stronger. Averaging 13, 8 and 2 blocks in 29 minutes.

Antetokounmpo has been a pleasant surprise. I will admit to being pissed when he was drafted, everyone knew he was a project, most "experts" said he was 2-3 years away from touching the court, but he has actuallly contributed nicely in addition to having off the charts potential and having just turned 19.

Brandon Knight has struggled for the most part, but has played well lately. Hopefully thats a sign of things to come and not just a blip on the radar.

Mayo is a nice complimentary piece, but not a lead player. I don't think that surprises anyone.

Of course the big ticket will be who they pick up in this draft. Wiggins or Parker would be huge. Even a guy like Marcus Smart would be nice since he can and Knight could play together because of Smart's defensive acumen.

Laugh all you want, but I feel like the bucks might have a pretty bright future.

Although, I have said that before and they seem to always find a way to fuck that up.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their defense is uninspiring. It has to start with that

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their defense is uninspiring. It has to start with that

They are right in the middle of the league WITHOUT one of the best defensive centers in the NBA. Henson and Giannis have tons of room to grow strength-wise which will help their individual defensive abilities a lot.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two thoughts:

-I refuse to learn to type the Greek kid's name. Someone come up with a nickname.

-What's funny is while other teams in the offseason tried to tank, the Bucks made moves to still compete for that last playoff spot (like they do every year). Now the teams that tried to tank (like Boston and PHX) are competitive and the Bucks flat out suck. Just goes to show you never really know anything till a team steps onto the court.

I lied, 3 thoughts. Is this team still for sale?

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two thoughts:

-I refuse to learn to type the Greek kid's name. Someone come up with a nickname.

-What's funny is while other teams in the offseason tried to tank, the Bucks made moves to still compete for that last playoff spot (like they do every year). Now the teams that tried to tank (like Boston and PHX) are competitive and the Bucks flat out suck. Just goes to show you never really know anything till a team steps onto the court.

Greek Freak

Bucks injuries have hurt them. A lot of bucks fans including myself thought they would compete this year, shocked they are this awful but encouraged by the young guys.

Pretty sure herb kohl has no desire to sell it.

I am kind of excited for this teams future. Still can't believe they traded away tobias harris though.

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two thoughts:

The Celtics do not tank!

They traded past-their-prime players and started a rebuilding process with a new coach and new players. That is NOT TANKING!

Rebuilding teams are inevitably bad for a season or 2 under the best of circumstances. It can be longer if the FO is dumb or luck goes bad, but that is NOT TANKING.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Celtics do not tank!

They traded past-their-prime players and started a rebuilding process with a new coach and new players. That is NOT TANKING!

Rebuilding teams are inevitably bad for a season or 2 under the best of circumstances. It can be longer if the FO is dumb or luck goes bad, but that is NOT TANKING.

Call it whatever you want

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bucks are one of the worse teams in the league, not sure how you can say they have a bright future. Also, good luck with thinking that the Bucks are automatically guaranteed the number one or two draft pick. In 2007, the Heat had by far the worse record at 15-67 and we all thought we were going to get Derrick Rose with the number one pick. The Bulls who just barely missed the playoffs landed the number one pick in the 2008 draft.

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Bucks are one of the worse teams in the league, not sure how you can say they have a bright future. Also, good luck with thinking that the Bucks are automatically guaranteed the number one or two draft pick. In 2007, the Heat had by far the worse record at 15-67 and we all thought we were going to get Derrick Rose with the number one pick. The Bulls who just barely missed the playoffs landed the number one pick in the 2008 draft.

Well their best player has been injured all year, so theres that.

Add that in with the fact that they have two impressive young players in Giannis and Henson and that alone gives me optimism about their future.

Couple that with a top 5 pick in a draft that is loaded with talent, another year of development for the young guys, and getting one of the best defensive centers in the NBA back I think their is plenty of room for optimism.

No one expected Giannis to even be capable of sniffing the court this year and he has more than held his own when called upon.

Most small market teams have to suck before they can be good.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the same thing about the Cavs. They have 10 wins and on their way to another top 5 pivk. I wouldn't get your hopes up.

hockey878

Hoopla Cash
$ 300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the same thing about the Cavs. They have 10 wins and on their way to another top 5 pivk. I wouldn't get your hopes up.

true. true. But they also hired mike brown as head coach...

The cavs made a lot of redundant picks. players that don't mesh well. sometimes i think these gms forget that the players actually have to play on a court together.

either way. I hope that Sanders just sits the year out. best thing that can happen to the bucks is get a good draft pick. they've done well with their last two picks grabbing Giannis and Henson.

Both have huge upside and are already contributing.

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumors abound that rondo will delay his comeback till February

To me it's a sign Danny wants to tank and sell off bass and lee prior to deadline

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rumors abound that rondo will delay his comeback till February

To me it's a sign Danny wants to tank and sell off bass and lee prior to deadline

What it actually is is a sign that Danny wants to minimize the risk of Rondo re-injuring himself. That's caution, not
anything morally questionable.

LogicMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure brahm I don't know why they can't start using him soon

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure brahm I don't know why they can't start using him soon

Let's leave that decision to the medical staff. Knee injuries can end careers if players try to come back too soon.
We're actually luckier than I expected with him coming as far as he has as soon as he has.