• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Browns part 1

Who wins

• Bengals

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • Tie

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Browns

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I suppose we just earned the Browns DC a promotion. Sorry to jinx us.

That was an embarrassing loss. And even if we just want to write it off as a nightmare Halloween and a bad night, we can't really ignore the injuries and how much that will impact the rest of the season. For at least the next few weeks, we'll be playing without Chido, Reader and Chase. I think anyone would agree that Chase is probably are second most important offensive player, Reader are most important defensive player and Chido the 2nd or third most important (depending on where you put Hendrickson).

The AFC isn't as good as most thought. And we hold tie-breakers over the Dolphins and Jets. So, a wildcard isn't a stretch..... But, that would probably just end with Mahomes exercising last year's demons with a 30 point blowout win against a depleted Bengals D. Obviously not time to throw in the towel, but this season is starting to rot a bit.
Amazingly enough, I feel that game outlined the rest of our season. Last year, we were fortunate to stay healthy and we capitalized on that health by getting better as the season went on and made a run to the Superbowl.

This year, we are losing too many key players that make a massive difference.

There are 7 core players to this team:

Joe Burrow
Ja'Marr Chase (hurt)
Tee Higgins (has missed games due to injury)
DJ Reader (hurt)
Trey Hendrickson (has been dealing with injuries)
Logan Wilson (missed games)
Chido Awuzie (hurt)

Those guys right there you have to keep healthy for this team to succeed. If they don', you see what begins to happen to the scoreboard.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amazingly enough, I feel that game outlined the rest of our season. Last year, we were fortunate to stay healthy and we capitalized on that health by getting better as the season went on and made a run to the Superbowl.

This year, we are losing too many key players that make a massive difference.

There are 7 core players to this team:

Joe Burrow
Ja'Marr Chase (hurt)
Tee Higgins (has missed games due to injury)
DJ Reader (hurt)
Trey Hendrickson (has been dealing with injuries)
Logan Wilson (missed games)
Chido Awuzie (hurt)

Those guys right there you have to keep healthy for this team to succeed. If they don', you see what begins to happen to the scoreboard.
Yeah, the D will be criticized for their performance last night, but they held up fine during the first 1.5 quarters.... The offense didn't capitalize. And then they lost Chido.... And then they gave up the first second half touchdown of the year. I think they had their spirit broke a little. I'm not sure they'll have enough talent to stick with the good offenses on their schedule, but I think they won't get run over like that in many games. The truth is that a team with Burrow and the weapons on offense shouldn't be reliant upon a top 10 defense to save them..... At some point, we need to start outscoring teams.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea, it's unfortunate, but we may need to meter expectations about the playoffs. the Browns looked more like the playoff team last night.

we can't play the falcons every week, lol

jbuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they have no fear of being 'dead to me'