• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Predictions

Who Dey?

• Bengals by 7 or more

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Bengals

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • tie

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Ravens

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ravens by 7 or more

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My Heart says, "Yea, we'll figure it out and win at home."

my Head says, "dude, they are still gonna be rusty as shit."

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My Heart says, "Yea, we'll figure it out and win at home."

my Head says, "dude, they are still gonna be rusty as shit."
Both seem reasonable. I am not going to predict any game this year the Bengals don't win, because I think they are capable of beating anyone once they get their preseason out of t he way here over the next couple weeks.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have definitely voted for the Ravens if they weren't so banged up. I think they will be super motivated to kick our tails after the losses late last season and the chipiness that was on display on the field. It was clear that the two teams didn't like each other. Couple that with the fact that the Ravens often look good coming out of the gate and the Bengals don't and it really looks like a loss.

But, the Ravens injuries have to mean something. They are looking at a strong possibility of missing two starters on the offensive line and they are still learning a new offensive system. That's a very tough spot on the road. They are also looking at being down another defensive back.... And if that's not bad enough, Andrews was hurt last week and Dobbins is out for the year. If the Bengals can't beat them when they are this hurt, I think they are really in bad shape and it will take longer than a few games to get it back.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have definitely voted for the Ravens if they weren't so banged up. I think they will be super motivated to kick our tails after the losses late last season and the chipiness that was on display on the field. It was clear that the two teams didn't like each other. Couple that with the fact that the Ravens often look good coming out of the gate and the Bengals don't and it really looks like a loss.

But, the Ravens injuries have to mean something. They are looking at a strong possibility of missing two starters on the offensive line and they are still learning a new offensive system. That's a very tough spot on the road. They are also looking at being down another defensive back.... And if that's not bad enough, Andrews was hurt last week and Dobbins is out for the year. If the Bengals can't beat them when they are this hurt, I think they are really in bad shape and it will take longer than a few games to get it back.
Also missing multiple defensive starters, likely (I think).

Defense and Lou have done a solid job against Ravens lately - and the defense has frustrated Lamar in the past...the question, for me, is on offense...and if they end up not having 2 starting CB's and others....maybe the Bengals kind of "luck" into a win here despite being rusty...

I'll go Bengals win...due to homefield advantage and the key injuries on Bmore...but no score...likely could come down to a FG or big play at the end...

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also missing multiple defensive starters, likely (I think).

Defense and Lou have done a solid job against Ravens lately - and the defense has frustrated Lamar in the past...the question, for me, is on offense...and if they end up not having 2 starting CB's and others....maybe the Bengals kind of "luck" into a win here despite being rusty...

I'll go Bengals win...due to homefield advantage and the key injuries on Bmore...but no score...likely could come down to a FG or big play at the end...
The other issue that concerns me is special teams. This game could get ugly on offense - Both teams dealing with some issues that should slow them down. These are the type of games that can turn on special team plays. The Ravens are always good on special teams and the Bengals were uncharacteristically bad last week. Something to watch.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The other issue that concerns me is special teams. This game could get ugly on offense - Both teams dealing with some issues that should slow them down. These are the type of games that can turn on special team plays. The Ravens are always good on special teams and the Bengals were uncharacteristically bad last week. Something to watch.
Agreed. The field position battle was brutal last week for the Bengals.

No matter how good the defense is - when you are constantly backed up and constantly not getting enough out of the offense (sustained drives and some points) it is really, really hard to keep the other team from eventually breaking that damn open.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. The field position battle was brutal last week for the Bengals.

No matter how good the defense is - when you are constantly backed up and constantly not getting enough out of the offense (sustained drives and some points) it is really, really hard to keep the other team from eventually breaking that damn open.
Exactly.

I am not worried about special teams. You had a rookie punter that had to punt 10 times, 7 of which the Bengals offense went 3 and out. MacPherson did miss his 51 yard FG, but the conditions of the field was slick and he barely missed. We were just deep too often, and not getting enough yards on offense to flip the field. The one time we did, we kicked it into the endzone.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea. our game plan was to throw screens last week, and it showed.

maybe Cleveland's defense isn't that bad. we'll find out.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea. our game plan was to throw screens last week, and it showed.

maybe Cleveland's defense isn't that bad. we'll find out.
Below is Chase's target chart:

user generated

Only 1 could be considered middle...now, that doesn't mean Boyd, or Higgins, or a TE wasn't there...but there has got to be a more concerted effort to get the ball in Chase's hands where there is space for him to do what he can do. Basically, 3 fly routes when on the left, 3 curl/out routes on the right, and 2 flat/screens on the right...Outside of hitting him deep on the fly, and a screen/flat pass, there is very little that is going to utilize his incredible change of direction and speed burst.

Higgins is more of your send deep and throw it up, or out route guy because he's big and doesn't have the same change of direction in space. Chase should be going deep, of course, on some plays, but there has to be targets that use the middle of the field and put him in position to take full advantage of his skill-set. It's situations like these (and the entirety of the run scheme) that really irk me about Taylor's offense. Again, take a look at Miami's offense and see how they use Hill and Waddle....space, space, space....they move those guys all over and run all kinds of routes that work to get them in space and not just deep patterns on the outside....