• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Predictions Bengals Titans

Who Dey?

• Bengals by 7 or more

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • tie

• Titans by a little

• Titans by 7 or more

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you are right, but I'm more pessimistic. Even during the good times of the last two seasons, it has been rare that the offense has carried the load. I don't really remember anything that would count as a shoot-out that the Bengals won. Nothing like the days when Carson could carry the team with 50 points and only win by a field goal because of a horrible D.

So, I think the Bengals plan needs to include changes on the offense. I would let Tee walk - There are too many good receivers coming through the college ranks to pay Tee WR1 type of money. I think this is also the fourth straight season he will miss time due to injury. You can let him go and use the money to reinvest along the offensive and defensive lines. I think the goal should be to continue to provide Burrow with enough of a D that he can win games late with a decent cast around him. It just doesn't make much sense to invest in so many weapons if this offense is never going to play to that level.

In some ways, I think this is what the Chiefs are now doing. They didn't leave themselves with a lot at receiver which is going to hurt them.... But, they have significantly improved that D. So, now they have a D that will keep them in the game long enough for Mahomes to make Mahomes plays and win ball games. Contrast this with Miami - A team that looks phenomenal on offense..... That is only going to get them so far if they have no prayers of shutting down teams with good offense.
Oh, no doubt. The offense is broken and it's not just because of the Burrow injury. The entire approach is abysmal. A team with Burrow, Chase, Higgins, and Mixon should not be struggling to score as much as this team does. Even more so, a team with this kind of talent should not struggle to move the ball as often as they have over the past 2 years. Even in the past 2 years, this team goes boom/bust far too often on offense. They'll score points, but they will also go 4-5 drives in a row and pick up 1 or 2 first downs only.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, no doubt. The offense is broken and it's not just because of the Burrow injury. The entire approach is abysmal. A team with Burrow, Chase, Higgins, and Mixon should not be struggling to score as much as this team does. Even more so, a team with this kind of talent should not struggle to move the ball as often as they have over the past 2 years. Even in the past 2 years, this team goes boom/bust far too often on offense. They'll score points, but they will also go 4-5 drives in a row and pick up 1 or 2 first downs only.
yea, there's just a lack of consistency.

look at Philly, SF, KC, Miami, Buf
several teams with decent offenses continuing to do what they were doing.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I am noticing from Burrow. He has tender steps back when throwing the ball and when he plants to throw, a majority of his weight seems like it is on his front leg than his back leg. It is causing the ball to soar and not have much on it. This is Taylor's fault, because he needs to be the coach and bench his star QB for a few games until he is healthy. If Browning was out there, at least it would give the defense something to think about, even if he is not as mentally aware as Burrow. Because if you keep bringing all out pressure, Jake can at least move around in the pocket and climb to the next level. That is the part of Burrow's pocket presence that is really lacking, climbing the pocket when the pass rush goes deep.

Taylor just needs to call it. We were down so far at the beginning of the 4th quarter last week and the way Burrow was playing, there was no chance of comeback...why let Burrow stay in the game and get pummeled during garbage time? Why? Just so the coach can appease his star QB? Well, Joe needs to look in the mirror, yes he is the future of this franchise, but he is injured and he needs to think of the rest of the guys. He is letting them down by trying to play through this. He needs to bench himself and help his coach out since Taylor can't seem to help himself in this situation.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I am noticing from Burrow. He has tender steps back when throwing the ball and when he plants to throw, a majority of his weight seems like it is on his front leg than his back leg. It is causing the ball to soar and not have much on it. This is Taylor's fault, because he needs to be the coach and bench his star QB for a few games until he is healthy. If Browning was out there, at least it would give the defense something to think about, even if he is not as mentally aware as Burrow. Because if you keep bringing all out pressure, Jake can at least move around in the pocket and climb to the next level. That is the part of Burrow's pocket presence that is really lacking, climbing the pocket when the pass rush goes deep.

Taylor just needs to call it. We were down so far at the beginning of the 4th quarter last week and the way Burrow was playing, there was no chance of comeback...why let Burrow stay in the game and get pummeled during garbage time? Why? Just so the coach can appease his star QB? Well, Joe needs to look in the mirror, yes he is the future of this franchise, but he is injured and he needs to think of the rest of the guys. He is letting them down by trying to play through this. He needs to bench himself and help his coach out since Taylor can't seem to help himself in this situation.
Can't drive off the foot...can't get his hips to twist properly because there's no push from the plant foot.

I've said for 2 weeks...I'd like to see them do a bit deeper shotgun. I know that would take some work, but he can't back peddle enough with his calf to create an extra second, or two. Probably not realistic, if I'm being honest, but they have to figure something out if they are going to roll with Burrow.

Personally - I'd bench him the next 2 weeks. That gives him 2+ weeks to get ready for 49ers and Buff...if there is any fear of not being able to escape a rush...these 2 games could do far more than just ruin a season...but a career.

I'd sit him for this game, no practice. Next game, no practice. Bye week, light practice. Then insert him back after the bye week to full reps.

If they had benched him last week, I would have had him follow a similar pattern....No practice, No Practice, light practice, medium practice, full participation....would have been the best case scenario.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't drive off the foot...can't get his hips to twist properly because there's no push from the plant foot.

I've said for 2 weeks...I'd like to see them do a bit deeper shotgun. I know that would take some work, but he can't back peddle enough with his calf to create an extra second, or two. Probably not realistic, if I'm being honest, but they have to figure something out if they are going to roll with Burrow.

Personally - I'd bench him the next 2 weeks. That gives him 2+ weeks to get ready for 49ers and Buff...if there is any fear of not being able to escape a rush...these 2 games could do far more than just ruin a season...but a career.

I'd sit him for this game, no practice. Next game, no practice. Bye week, light practice. Then insert him back after the bye week to full reps.

If they had benched him last week, I would have had him follow a similar pattern....No practice, No Practice, light practice, medium practice, full participation....would have been the best case scenario.
Not only that, but he is learning bad throwing habits right now, and that may take a while to break again if he continues down this path.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've become convinced that they are making a mistake by playing him. Burrow's game is predicated on his ability to move around within the pocket and making accurate throws. Those may sound like things that all quarterbacks need to do, but very few in the game have the pocket presence or the accuracy of Burrow. Those skills are what made him lethal against the blitz. But, you take those things away and he can't beat the blitz. And you heard what the Titans said after the game - They were going to send pressure straight up the middle and hit Burrow.

At this point, Burrow is a ticking time bomb. He is going to get seriously injured and he has almost no shot to be effective given his physical limitations. Why not bench him for the next two games and buy 3 weeks with the bye? You can hope that Browning can get you 1 win and then you can move into your last 11 games at 2-4 with some hope that you can make a little run.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've become convinced that they are making a mistake by playing him. Burrow's game is predicated on his ability to move around within the pocket and making accurate throws. Those may sound like things that all quarterbacks need to do, but very few in the game have the pocket presence or the accuracy of Burrow. Those skills are what made him lethal against the blitz. But, you take those things away and he can't beat the blitz. And you heard what the Titans said after the game - They were going to send pressure straight up the middle and hit Burrow.

At this point, Burrow is a ticking time bomb. He is going to get seriously injured and he has almost no shot to be effective given his physical limitations. Why not bench him for the next two games and buy 3 weeks with the bye? You can hope that Browning can get you 1 win and then you can move into your last 11 games at 2-4 with some hope that you can make a little run.
Sometimes, as the HC, you have to make the difficult call....this is one of those times. Burrow will likely never say he can't go outside of missing a limb....if he can walk onto the field, he's going to think he can play. You have to protect the players from themselves. Taylor is failing at this.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to add...Chase has been calling for it since before the season started...Burrow should be sitting...when your #1 WR is out there talking about healing up and being 100%....I think you need to listen...especially since the results have been what they are....very, very poor.

I think that is playing into some of why Chase has been a bit more disgruntled...he sat out last year, and while he could have returned a bit early - he sat out knowing that he needed to be 100% to be at his best...now that Burrow is in that same boat, he's not following the same route, and the results are overwhelmingly poor...I get his frustration...he's been 100% right from the go.