• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Browns part 1

Who wins

• Bengals

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • Tie

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Browns

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a division game. It's a road game. It's a MNF game. All of these things make it unpredictable.... But going off talent and performance this year, the Bengals should win the game. If they avoid turnovers and limit explosive plays on D or special teams, they should win comfortably. At this point they just have too big an advantage at QB and defense given Cleveland's struggles this year.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
browns-vs-bengals.jpg

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a division game. It's a road game. It's a MNF game. All of these things make it unpredictable.... But going off talent and performance this year, the Bengals should win the game. If they avoid turnovers and limit explosive plays on D or special teams, they should win comfortably. At this point they just have too big an advantage at QB and defense given Cleveland's struggles this year.
Nick Chubb and Myles Garrett scare the hell out of me. I'll just be honest.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yea, our defense is good, but we've let some good runs happen.

I expect more of the same, we'll stop them at the los several times, but he'll rip one for 50 yards and a TD at least once.

jbuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we should win, probably be close. 8 in the box

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they should put Chase on IR. he's going to miss 4 games. it's not like he's going to sit out 2-3 games and then be full speed on the 4th game. Zac Taylor is fucking retarded.

we should at least beat the Browns without him though.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they should put Chase on IR. he's going to miss 4 games. it's not like he's going to sit out 2-3 games and then be full speed on the 4th game. Zac Taylor is fucking retarded.

we should at least beat the Browns without him though.
I mean....eh.

The Bengals have had a ton of healthy scratches all year - so, I don't think carrying Chase is causing any real issue.

This also may allow them a bit more flexibility with practices/rehab, but I'm not sure on that - but if he's active, they likely could ramp things up (assuming he is cleared of course) much sooner and easier with him already on the active roster.

They have the Bye-Week in 2 weeks...so week 4 would be the Pitt game - and he could start that week ramping up for @Tenn - but if not, for sure by @KC...again, assuming go well. Cleveland is the toughest with their defense, but then CAR and Pitt are both winnable with the bye coming before Pitt...Higgins and Boyd still make a really good 1-2, and add in Hurst - you still have a lot of weapons...and as long as Burrow is the guy slingin' the ball - I think he can make it work. They'll miss Chase, no doubt at all...but they still have offensive weapons.

Bottom line - carrying him, not carrying him isn't really hamstringing the team one way or the other. If they were scratching a ton of guys each week that were hurt and needed more players - that would be one thing, but the Bengals are scratching 4-5 healthy guys a week....

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d put him on ir so I wouldn’t be tempted to use him. But maybe he figures the players he has will suffice

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d put him on ir so I wouldn’t be tempted to use him. But maybe he figures the players he has will suffice
Gonna have to be cleared by Dr's first...not like he's cleared and it's a pain tolerance issue or anything like that (like a sprained ankle). He'll need clearance before being allowed to even practice, I'd wager.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it has more to do with the overall health of the team. Guys are either healthy and playing or on IR - They don't need roster spots right now, so they can afford the luxury of Chase being one of the inactives on game day. I will say it would be advantageous for the Tennessee game for them to have to plan for him even if we eventually keep him out. Fans were all pissy about Taylor's Wednesday press conference where he didn't say anything was wrong with Chase, but obviously its good to make other teams gameplan for him. It dictates the way the D schemes against us.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just realized the Browns are on bye next week. This could be the classic, 'fire a coordinator' during the bye week for an underperforming unit. You look at the Browns advanced metrics and the offense is doing fine - They are designed to run the ball and play D while waiting for the Predator to take over for a late season run. But the D has been miserable and they can't hold leads. If Burrow comes in on a Monday night and torches them without his primary target, I think they fire the DC and try to salvage the season. Lets do this Bengals!

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just realized the Browns are on bye next week. This could be the classic, 'fire a coordinator' during the bye week for an underperforming unit. You look at the Browns advanced metrics and the offense is doing fine - They are designed to run the ball and play D while waiting for the Predator to take over for a late season run. But the D has been miserable and they can't hold leads. If Burrow comes in on a Monday night and torches them without his primary target, I think they fire the DC and try to salvage the season. Lets do this Bengals!
Why on earth would we want them to fire him? haha

But yes, my buddy who is a Browns fan said that injuries and scheme have mostly put the team in this situation. A few players have been miserable, Grant Delpit as an example. So it is a good possibility, but damn, why would we want to lose the Browns defensive coordinator or the Steelers offensive coordinator? haha

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pretty obvious the Bengals just don't have it this year. I really do think there's a coaching change that needs to happen. maybe HC and OC.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
would it be realistic to fire all the Bengals offensive coaches?

Zac Taylor: never should have hired him as a HC, maybe as a Coordinator or assistant, but not HC, let him walk.
Brian Callahan: dude, you have the best offense in the league at your disposal, and this is what you have to show for it. get the fuck out.
Frank Pollack, Derick Frazier, Ben Marton: OL. dude... we gave you a hugely upgraded line and they have been underperforming horribly. get the fuck out. there's 3 of you... get the fuck out, get the fuck out, get the fuck out.
Dan Pitcher: QB coach. dude... we gave you Joe Burrow, and you made him worse. He may be completely ruined. get the fuck out.
fred knighten, offensive assistant. get out. do you even work here?
Justin Hill, running backs. you haven't been able to develop the talent you've been given. although, other than Nixon you haven't had much to work with, maybe you could have pushed for a free agent or draft pick? sorry and good luck. get out.
Troy Walters and Brad Kragthorpe. there's 2 of you. you've made our wide receivers worse, how did you manage that? get the fuck out, and get the fuck out.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I suppose we just earned the Browns DC a promotion. Sorry to jinx us.

That was an embarrassing loss. And even if we just want to write it off as a nightmare Halloween and a bad night, we can't really ignore the injuries and how much that will impact the rest of the season. For at least the next few weeks, we'll be playing without Chido, Reader and Chase. I think anyone would agree that Chase is probably are second most important offensive player, Reader are most important defensive player and Chido the 2nd or third most important (depending on where you put Hendrickson).

The AFC isn't as good as most thought. And we hold tie-breakers over the Dolphins and Jets. So, a wildcard isn't a stretch..... But, that would probably just end with Mahomes exercising last year's demons with a 30 point blowout win against a depleted Bengals D. Obviously not time to throw in the towel, but this season is starting to rot a bit.