• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bring Frank Clark Back?

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, you've gotta have some depth for Mafe whether Hall/Taylor/Clark. Having Mafe out there like 85% snaps on EDGE when he's only playing around 65% this year is a recipe for disaster (Nwosu's play dropped off quite a bit when he was asked to be out there more). Either he'll get injured or his play will drop off and given he's only 2 years in confidence issues could surface especially since he's almost a top 20 EDGE at the moment. Clark was playing about 60-70% of snaps in KC and was 'okay'... obviously Denver's defense is a train wreck so I imagine he'll play better here.

I wouldn't mind:
Mafe - 65% snaps.
Clark - 45-50% snaps.
Hall - 45-50% snaps.
Taylor - 35% snaps.
Other - 5 (Bellore/Rhattigan/Smith/Thomas)

Basically Clark/Hall 50/50... Taylor to give Mafe rest (basically what he is doing now)... fill in some other guys here and there for certain plays or a bit of all around rest on non-critical downs. Obviously I liked Nwosu/Hall around 65/35... as Nwosu is more valuable than Clark at the moment, but it's what it is.
A lot of it depends on what kind of shape Clark is in.... I'd rather he be more of a role player so our younger guys can get the more snaps than he...

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of it depends on what kind of shape Clark is in.... I'd rather he be more of a role player so our younger guys can get the more snaps than he...

True, but IMO Hall should be brought into it at a good pace but not balls to the wall throw him out there. Making him go from 35% to 70% snaps (almost where Nwosu was) sounds like too much to burden too quickly. Maybe by the end of the season or next (like Mafe) but a little too aggressive to go from 50% to 100% throttle. Gotta keep those younger guys fresh and make sure they can learn at a sustainable rate that wont ruin their confidence, so I wouldn't mind seeing Hall ease into that role vs. just becoming the starter Nwosu was.

Instead I see Hall taking an increased role but still being mindful of his snaps, just not to the degree that we were mindful when Nwosu was starting.

Also, IF Seattle's rush D can keep up (big test this week), teams should be passing on us more often which bodes well for Clark to get in there.