• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Braves at Dodgers 5/25 - 5/27

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's right Villian, that's why almost every team has ONE closer, but in your world they are all wrong! Why would we want to pay two guys closer money! Do you think a stud closer wants to share that role? I agree Chapman is a stud reliever, I agree, would love to have him, I disagree, that we "need" him, and that's the difference! Jansen is also a stud, and I'm fine with him!

Just because everyone does something, that doesn't make it the right thing to do.

As far as your other assinine comment about "this coming from a guy" ya, that's right when a guy is struggling, which Hatcher is, why would you bring him in in a tie or close game, please enlighten all of us yet again with your wisdom on this?

I never said I would do that.

I wish you would quit talking out both ends of your ass! In one post you say Howell is fine, then in another you call him one of the worst pitchers on our staff, because he can't get a strikeout to safe his life.
SVS should be considered a starter, than he's better suited to be a platoon player, You are all over the map!

Okay, I'll try to dumb this down for you.

LAST YEAR, Howell was the second best reliever that the Dodgers had. THIS YEAR, he has been struggling worse than Hatcher. That doesn't mean he's the worst pitcher. That means he is having a bad year. Do you understand context?

SVS should be considered a starter because he has regularly started as a member of a righty/lefty platoon for about a year now. If there has been a lefty starter, he has started. Every time. He regularly STARTS against lefties. That's exactly what I meant when I said:

Van Slyke shouldn't be considered a bench player - he's been in a straight platoon with Ethier/Crawford since the going back to the middle of last season.

Are you up to speed, yet?

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because everyone does something, that doesn't make it the right thing to do.

I never said I would do that.

Okay, I'll try to dumb this down for you.

LAST YEAR, Howell was the second best reliever that the Dodgers had. THIS YEAR, he has been struggling worse than Hatcher. That doesn't mean he's the worst pitcher. That means he is having a bad year. Do you understand context?

SVS should be considered a starter because he has regularly started as a member of a righty/lefty platoon for about a year now. If there has been a lefty starter, he has started. Every time. He regularly STARTS against lefties. That's exactly what I meant when I said:

Are you up to speed, yet?

WOW, just WOW, talk about trying to dumb it down for someone, and you still don't have a flipping clue! YOU said that Howell is having a bad year, 13 innings pitched, 13 hits, 4 walks, 9 strikeouts, and an ERA of 0.69! the rest of our bullpen must all going to make the All Star team , if Howell sucks, than I want him to continue to suck that bad. YOU are the one that said he couldn't get a strikeout to save his life!, according to you wins don't matter for pitchers, but strikeouts do?

As far as SVS YOU said he was a starter, then you turned around and said he should be a platoon player, well which one is he?

My God man, get a flipping clue to what you are talking about!

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW, just WOW, talk about trying to dumb it down for someone, and you still don't have a flipping clue! YOU said that Howell is having a bad year, 13 innings pitched, 13 hits, 4 walks, 9 strikeouts, and an ERA of 0.69! the rest of our bullpen must all going to make the All Star team , if Howell sucks, than I want him to continue to suck that bad. YOU are the one that said he couldn't get a strikeout to save his life!, according to you wins don't matter for pitchers, but strikeouts do?

Yeah... Strikeouts are far better indicator of a pitcher's success than the W/L record.

Howell has only striking out 15% of the batters he's faced. That's worse than all but one reliever on the team - Daniel Couloumbe (who doesn't have any strikeouts yet). Thankfully, his walk percentage is also very low, so there's good news in that. There's also good news that people haven't been crushing the ball and they're pulling it at a career low.

His strikeout percentage is at the lowest point in his career. But! You know, it's early. These numbers all have time to even out. He's not going to go the rest of the season without giving up a home run. He's going to probably strike out more hitters.

So, it looks like it was unfair for me to say he's off to a bad start. Please forgive my rashness, JP Howell, and please get more strikeouts because there's way he's keeing a LOB% over 88% for the entire season.

As far as SVS YOU said he was a starter, then you turned around and said he should be a platoon player, well which one is he?

I can't believe you need me to explain this to you a third time. I never turned around anything. I literally quoted my EXACT comment.

He STARTS REGULARLY against LEFTIES as part of a PLATOON. He's been doing this for about a year now. Seriously? How dense are you?

My God man, get a flipping clue to what you are talking about!

I'm beginning to think that you're a lost cause.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah... Strikeouts are far better indicator of a pitcher's success than the W/L record.

Howell has only striking out 15% of the batters he's faced. That's worse than all but one reliever on the team - Daniel Couloumbe (who doesn't have any strikeouts yet). Thankfully, his walk percentage is also very low, so there's good news in that. There's also good news that people haven't been crushing the ball and they're pulling it at a career low.

His strikeout percentage is at the lowest point in his career. But! You know, it's early. These numbers all have time to even out. He's not going to go the rest of the season without giving up a home run. He's going to probably strike out more hitters.

So, it looks like it was unfair for me to say he's off to a bad start. Please forgive my rashness, JP Howell,
and please get more strikeouts because there's way he's keeing a LOB% over 88% for the entire season.

I can't believe you need me to explain this to you a third time. I never turned around anything. I literally quoted my EXACT comment

He STARTS REGULARLY against LEFTIES as part of a PLATOON. He's been doing this for about a year now. Seriously? How dense are you?

I'm beginning to think that you're a lost cause.

Lost causes, Well, that is something you obviously know something about! Bottomline is SVS is not a starter, accept it, try and turn it anyway you want, in the end he is still not a starter!

AJ Ellis starts sometimes too, so I guess technically that makes him a starter?

You're concept of what a "pitcher" is is so skewed that you're hopeless there too! Seriously, it's about strikeouts, an out is an out, who gives a shit how you get it? Oh, that's right, you do!

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lost causes, Well, that is something you obviously know something about! Bottomline is SVS is not a starter, accept it, try and turn it anyway you want, in the end he is still not a starter!

We can agree to disagree.

AJ Ellis starts sometimes too, so I guess technically that makes him a starter?

No, there's a specific condition where SVS starts that has nothing to do with rest or the health of the rest of the lineup. If there is a left-handed starter, SVS starts. There is no specific set of conditions like that for AJ. He is given starts based on the idea that giving Grandal rest will keep him healthier for the rest of the season. This is due to the rigors of playing catcher. It has nothing to do with the starter for either team, though it seems that it's a little bit scewed to where AJ will be the starter if Kershaw is up.

You're concept of what a "pitcher" is is so skewed that you're hopeless there too! Seriously, it's about strikeouts, an out is an out, who gives a shit how you get it? Oh, that's right, you do!

Yeah. I do. I'd rather have a guy who gets a lot of strikeouts (Kenley Jansen, Clayton Kershaw) than a guy who relies almost entirely on his defense (Brandon League, Brett Anderson). I think it's much more valuable to keep the ball out of play.

That's fine if you disagree with me.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya, I understand why Ellis starts sometimes, duh! I was being sarcastic!

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya, I understand why Ellis starts sometimes, duh! I was being sarcastic!
The way you type reminds me of one of my friends on Facebook. He has Asperger's.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way you type reminds me of one of my friends on Facebook. He has Asperger's.

You lost me when you said you had a friend?

Being sarcastic again, your a Dodger fan, you can't be all bad can you?

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You lost me when you said you had a friend?

Being sarcastic again, your a Dodger fan, you can't be all bad can you?
However good or bad I am is entirely based on your own perspective.

I think I'm good.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3