• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Braves at Dodgers 5/25 - 5/27

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a home series so we won't have to hear the stupid chop.

The most home runs hit by a SS so far this year: 6
Home runs hit by Jimmy Rollins so far this year: 5

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feels like it's home run or bust for this offense. Bases loaded twice with one out.... And not much to show for it. SVS swinging 3-0 and GIDP...

How about Anderson? 7 strong.... I like Hatchers 'stuff,' but he has been inconsistent. KJ has been amazing his first week back.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feels like it's home run or bust for this offense. Bases loaded twice with one out.... And not much to show for it. SVS swinging 3-0 and GIDP...

How about Anderson? 7 strong.... I like Hatchers 'stuff,' but he has been inconsistent. KJ has been amazing his first week back.

Ya I didn't quite get that when SVS swung at 3-0, the pitcher was struggling to find the strike zone, plus SVS has been struggling, take at least 1 pitch, if not 2, that's a possible run on the board, could have made the difference in the game, fortunately we came through with some offense later on!

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Right now I think Hatcher and Garcia should both be getting some work in blowout games, until they get it back together, which I think they will!

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now I think Hatcher and Garcia should both be getting some work in blowout games, until they get it back together, which I think they will!

People talk about Hatcher's stuff and how "electric" it is, but if it's straight, I don't care how hard you thrown. Professional hitters will sit on fastball and jump all over you. Broxton had the same problem, there was no movement or late action. KJ's stuff has some late movement, he is really tying guys up.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SVS is a power hitter, so he has the green light. He also has very good plate discipline, so he gets to keep his green light. It wasn't a bad one to swing at. Sometimes a guy just hits into a double-play. Miguel Cabrera hits into double plays. Shit happens.

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not defending Hatcher anymore if he can't throw strikes. He fucking sucks until he can find some control.

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One game lead over the Giants despite taking the series against a solid Atlanta team (well, at least a hot Atlanta team).

I think it's funny how everyone counts the Giants out even though history has proven they do whatever it takes to win.

LASports96

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hatcher only has 5 walks this year. His peripheral numbers are really good. I'm not giving up on Hatcher yet.

LASports96

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll still take a 4-2 homestand after that shitty feeling we had coming from SanFran.

It should be a fun series with the Cards. (too bad it's the back end of the rotation gah)

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SVS is a power hitter, so he has the green light. He also has very good plate discipline, so he gets to keep his green light. It wasn't a bad one to swing at. Sometimes a guy just hits into a double-play. Miguel Cabrera hits into double plays. Shit happens.

lasportzphan said: ↑
Well, when Puig comes back Ethier goes to left and SVS back to the bench. The last couple of weeks for SVS have not been good. Yesterday was a total dumpster fire. Ethier has been solid.

Villain said:
You're not wrong. Scotty has been in a slump and it's not pretty. Van Slyke is best suited to be a platoon partner.

Trade Ethier. Platoon SVS with Scott Schebler. Every day a Scott.
So, if SVS has been in a slump and it's not pretty, a pretty good way to get out of a slump is maybe take a couple pitches, get yourself a RBI and the team a run. Maybe he is in a slump because he's swinging at pitches he shouldn't be swinging at and grounding into inning ending double plays. I will agree with you, shit does happen and yes everyone hits into DP's, but it's only common sense when a pitcher is struggling to find the strike zone, you don't help him out!

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hatcher only has 5 walks this year. His peripheral numbers are really good. I'm not giving up on Hatcher yet.
He has a 1.6 WHIP - that sucks.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has a 1.6 WHIP - that sucks.

You are correct as of now, he has no business anywhere near the mound in a 1-1 game, or any close game, until he gets his shitte together!

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.400 BABIP against, he hasn't gotten good results, but I don't see anything that says he won't turn it around.

In April he struck out 15 of 38 batters faced. In May, he struck out 2 of 31 batters faced. It is not fair to judge a guy based upon 14+ innings, but the trend is that batters are catching on from May to June.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Hatcher has the 4th lowest batted-ball velocity of any pitcher in baseball this year. Combine that with him 1. not giving up walks, 2. a higher-than-average BABIP, and 3. a great strikeout rate. What does that get you?

Inflated WHIP. Inflated ERA. What-have-you-done-for-me-lately fans crying for your head on a platter.

He has literally given up zero home runs this year. His strikeout percentage is almost 25%.

In April he struck out 15 of 38 batters faced. In May, he struck out 2 of 31 batters faced. It is not fair to judge a guy based upon 14+ innings, but the trend is that batters are catching on from May to June.

That's true. His strikeout numbers were down and he also gave up more hit, when comparing may to June. However, he also didn't issue a different number of walks. 3 walks in April, 2 walks in May.

And yeah, you're exactly right about the innings. We're debating sample sizes of 6 innings in May and a hair more than 8 in April. It's way, way too soon to give up him.

You are correct as of now, he has no business anywhere near the mound in a 1-1 game, or any close game, until he gets his shitte together!

This coming from the guy who doesn't see a point in adding Aroldis Chapman because we already have a closer.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's right Villian, that's why almost every team has ONE closer, but in your world they are all wrong! Why would we want to pay two guys closer money! Do you think a stud closer wants to share that role? I agree Chapman is a stud reliever, I agree, would love to have him, I disagree, that we "need" him, and that's the difference! Jansen is also a stud, and I'm fine with him!

As far as your other assinine comment about "this coming from a guy" ya, that's right when a guy is struggling, which Hatcher is, why would you bring him in in a tie or close game, please enlighten all of us yet again with your wisdom on this?

I wish you would quit talking out both ends of your ass! In one post you say Howell is fine, then in another you call him one of the worst pitchers on our staff, because he can't get a strikeout to safe his life.
SVS should be considered a starter, than he's better suited to be a platoon player, You are all over the map!

Last edited: