• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thursday Night Football: BOYS/BUCS Let the season begin

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here that - I’m still butt hurt over the BS push off call on Kittle in the Super Bowl. I just commented a rebuttal to the missed FG comment. Need to look at both sides.
And not that it mattered much but why wasn't Watkins kicked out for throwing that punch? I guess maybe because it was a pretty weak punch, but still.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,646.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
says the guy who said lakers were dominating for a repeat championship before davis injury.... :dhd:
The Lakers were up 2-1 vs the Suns before AD got hurt and they gave them their toughest test before facing Milwaukee.

A little different comparing an injury to a fumble.....not exactly the same thing.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simple question.......................

Final score 31-29 on a FG with 2 seconds remaining.

Are the Cowboys that good or are the Bucs not so?

Cowboys gave away two FG and an Extra point in the first half. Brady needed Gronk to bail out the Bucs 2 TDs, 90 yards rec.

Jerry Jones might be looking for a new ST coach and a kicker this morning if he wasn't last night.

Bucs really didn't take care of the football last night. Eliminate a turnover or two and the game isn't as dramatic (especially that late fumble by Godwin).

The Cowboys' refusal to run the ball left too much time on the clock for Brady, another concern to work on. Zuerlein was coming off offseason back surgery, maybe shouldn't have been active for this one (although he was money on that 4th quarter FG to take the lead).

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They won't be playing TB every week....

And would have won the game if their kicker made a FG....

He did, to take the lead. Can't blame him for missing from 60 either, senseless attempt for a kicker coming off back surgery. Sure, the short miss was bad, as was the PAT. He redeemed himself, but the Cowboys left too much time on the clock. Blaming the kicker for a final scoring drive is questionable IMO.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,646.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did, to take the lead. Can't blame him for missing from 60 either, senseless attempt for a kicker coming off back surgery. Sure, the short miss was bad, as was the PAT. He redeemed himself, but the Cowboys left too much time on the clock. Blaming the kicker for a final scoring drive is questionable IMO.
He missed a 31 yarder. A chip shot.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,646.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bucs really didn't take care of the football last night. Eliminate a turnover or two and the game isn't as dramatic (especially that late fumble by Godwin).

The Cowboys' refusal to run the ball left too much time on the clock for Brady, another concern to work on. Zuerlein was coming off offseason back surgery, maybe shouldn't have been active for this one (although he was money on that 4th quarter FG to take the lead).
A lot of that was the swarming Dallas defense. They stripped that one fumble, great play.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas deserved to win that game, wasn’t meant to be

Why did they deserve to win?

Maybe someone should tell Prescott that he's allowed to throw the ball away when he's well outside the tackle box, instead of taking a completely unavoidable 12 yard sack. It's been a rule for many years now and that probably cost them 3 points. While I'm at it, what was with Collinsworth sucking off Dak so hard? He had a decent game otherwise, but come on...

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched Leylah in tennis first.

Then settled in for this.

Outstanding offence. 5 really good receivers. And Dak is very good.

A couple of missed kicks from OT or a win, but they left Brady too much time in the end.

Not the first team to do that though.

Defence much, much better than last year.

I really like Parsons.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe someone should tell Prescott that he's allowed to throw the ball away when he's well outside the tackle box, instead of taking a completely unavoidable 12 yard sack. It's been a rule for many years now and that probably cost them 3 points. While I'm at it, what was with Collinsworth sucking off Dak so hard? He had a decent game otherwise, but come on...

Sounds like a sad sack Lions fan....

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,646.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He made a few bad decisions but coming off the injury he sustained in his first game back with no pre-season games? He actually played a really good game overall.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like a sad sack Lions fan....

Yup.

Maybe you can tell me why Dak's performance was worthy of the verbal ticker tape parade Collinsworth was holding for him all night... also about that unnecessary 12 yard sack he gave up that cost them 3 points.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He made a few bad decisions but coming off the injury he sustained in his first game back with no pre-season games? He actually played a really good game overall.

QBs that take sacks instead of tossing the ball away is a pet peeve of mine. There's no excuse for it... except to protect those QB stats.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Granted the decision not to throw the ball away wasn't the best choice. But come on, 3 points wasn't a guarentee.

I hate Collingsworthless but Zack in his first game back threw for 400+ yards, 3 TDs and an INT. Made mostly good decisions. He had a very good game against the defending champs, in their house after unvielling their SB banner.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Granted the decision not to throw the ball away wasn't the best choice. But come on, 3 points wasn't a guarentee.

I hate Collingsworthless but Zack in his first game back threw for 400+ yards, 3 TDs and an INT. Made mostly good decisions. He had a very good game against the defending champs, in their house after unvielling their SB banner.

That 60 yarder becomes a 48 yarder.. not to mention the 3rd down yardage also becoming much more doable. Dink & dunking it 60 times should be good for 400 yards, but I won't belabor it.

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They won't be playing TB every week....

And would have won the game if their kicker made a FG....

60 yard FG had no chance... shanked a gimmie early. That said... your statement is only valid if missed FG is as time expires. Game plays out entirely different if he had made the FG at that point.

And this game is perfect example... if makes FG, there is kickoff rather than TB taking over from spot of miss. Very next play TB fumbles the ball, Dallas recovers and has a short field and scores a TD.

Teams evenly matched, either team could have one. If Prescott stays healthy their offense will keep them in most games.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah the first 2 turnovers resulted in 9 pts for Dallas, nm the Godwin drop or Godwin fumble inside the 5 yrd line, that could have given them a 2 score lead. TB looks like they did the first 10 games of last season, sloppy on O and secondary getting exposed. The D line looks as awesome as last year

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
60 yard FG had no chance... shanked a gimmie early. That said... your statement is only valid if missed FG is as time expires. Game plays out entirely different if he had made the FG at that point.

And this game is perfect example... if makes FG, there is kickoff rather than TB taking over from spot of miss. Very next play TB fumbles the ball, Dallas recovers and has a short field and scores a TD.

Teams evenly matched, either team could have one. If Prescott stays healthy their offense will keep them in most games.
How hard is it to win the nfceast anyway?? Right!

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QBs that take sacks instead of tossing the ball away is a pet peeve of mine. There's no excuse for it... except to protect those QB stats.
He's still young, hopefully he will learn to do that. Brady throws it away better than anyone, live to see another day mentality, fuck the stats or heroism