• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Boys at the Pack 12/13

nutz6977

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't say Romo is fragile. He unluckily fell on his left shoulder not once but twice. Since Romo first injured that shoulder in 11 or whatever that year was, he fell on it a number of times and nothing happened. This year he falls on it twice and breaks it both times. Romo was getting murdered in Miami and kept getting back up with no injuries. I think this is a bad luck thing more than a fragile thing.

:agree:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the o-line will get back to being better than they were this year. You have to think part of that is the loss of Callahan (coaching), as well as the QB we had to start and then the loss of Murray, all combined for the down year.

I noticed you shit all over my comment about coaching but tell me, what other team, that is well coached, has as many years of bad penalties and bonehead plays as this team has had over the tenures of the last few coaching staffs. It has been a problem and maybe most of it is on the players themselves but it sure looks like, lots of guys don't get it engrained. We lost a good QB for most of this year, but there were some winnable games this season that they did not win, and it wasn't all on Cassel and Weeden.
I wasn't trying to shit on you, just disagree. This team is 4-9, no QB, and while the tackling sucked, I thought they played really hard. I thought the D wore out. This team won 12 games last year with a defense that isn't as good as it is this year. They lost Romo, who could have been MVP, Murray, who could have been MVP, lost Dez and Lee for significant time, lost Scandrick, their best corner, Dunbar, their 3rd down back, cut Randle, who was their starting RB early. I think JG had his nuts cut off with the Hardy signing. Give him a full deck, cut Hardy, and this team wins games

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't say Romo is fragile. He unluckily fell on his left shoulder not once but twice. Since Romo first injured that shoulder in 11 or whatever that year was, he fell on it a number of times and nothing happened. This year he falls on it twice and breaks it both times. Romo was getting murdered in Miami and kept getting back up with no injuries. I think this is a bad luck thing more than a fragile thing.
Fragile was a poor choice of words, but I think having Murray last year helped Romo play better and stay healthy at the same time

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you guys think we have it bad, imagine being a Bengals fan. They will never win a playoff game again. They have this incredible season and lose their QB in the end a month before the playoffs. They had a legit chance to end the playoff drought and now that chance is gone. Our season was pretty much over before it started. Before you get down in the dumps, just think, you could be a Bengals fan.
You're right about this. I still remember the glory days of the 90's and those 3 SB wins.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't trying to shit on you, just disagree. This team is 4-9, no QB, and while the tackling sucked, I thought they played really hard. I thought the D wore out. This team won 12 games last year with a defense that isn't as good as it is this year. They lost Romo, who could have been MVP, Murray, who could have been MVP, lost Dez and Lee for significant time, lost Scandrick, their best corner, Dunbar, their 3rd down back, cut Randle, who was their starting RB early. I think JG had his nuts cut off with the Hardy signing. Give him a full deck, cut Hardy, and this team wins games

Most guys on the team are trying hard, no doubt, they just aren't that good(Wilcox and Carr). Yeah i know, about the bullshit part, just my opinion of the coaching staff, and thats fine. I know it worked out for the most part last year, but I wasn't crazy about the Linehan play calling at times last year either. My points on the coaching is, Ive seen this stuff far too long with the penalties and low football IQ stuff. It has been rampant in Dallas for a long time and I guess its on JJ maybe. There are less talented teams that don't have near the gaffes the Cowboys have had, as far as penalties and mistakes. Frustration has gotten the best of me today, but Im ready for a perennially good football team (beyond last year)and this one hasn't been that. Maybe that starts next year?

Defense has done well in lots of games but not when it mattered most, I don't know whats/whos to blame for that? Randle should have never been the starting RB IMO, it was setup to fail. Scandrick loss hurt more than we thought it would. Tough year, caught a bunch of bad breaks, but there are slots that need filled too, as we have discussed already

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unluckily fell on his shoulder??? :think:Not even sure how to respond to that. Forget a full season, I'd be surprised if he ever plays 8 games again. I don't think too many QBs even miss a play on those hits.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fragile was a poor choice of words, but I think having Murray last year helped Romo play better and stay healthy at the same time
No, fragile was the perfect choice of words...well IMO of course...