• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bo = "one voice"

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You people act like turnovers are something new at Nebraska. Now I was born in 85 and had the great privilege of growing up during the T.O era. And Toms teams threw picks and fumbled. Soliches teams couldnt hold onto the ball if their lives depended on it. HWSNBN....... BOs teams turn the ball over but its not like Bo is out there turning the ball over himself so I don't understand why it is all falling on His shoulders.

Please explain to me how you fix that in practice turning the ball over. Get one of those cute football sleeve that makes the ball slick lol

I want you to show me any articles showing there was an ongoing problem with fumbles on any of T.O.s teams. I remember Solich having one year that was horrendous. He addressed it though. He didn't act like it wasn't a problem and just part of the game. He knew there was a problem and he addressed it. Regarding HWSNBN I really don't give a shit. I feel him and Bo are cut from the same cloth.

Turnovers happen yes if that is what you are saying but that is not what we have now. We have had an ongoing problem with turnovers for six years.

Yeah Solich had 10 turnovers in one game but that was not his identity. Do you see the difference? Turnovers happen but they should not be viewed as just a part of the game that will happen. We have a problem and our coach does not think it is.

My money is on you won't because there wasn't

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jed what do they do in practice? (Not. Being a smartass here) is it half pads? Or full pads half speed? What the hell is going on that they are not hitting

Pelini himself said they did not have contact in practice because of fear of injuries. Last season he said they would look at more contact. It appears they have not changed anything.

Turnovers and missed tackles are often signs of not enough contact in practice. We have always had both.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Oh gee you are right I wonder if Bo knows that winning is better then losing? I wonder if Bo knows turnovers are bad? With your great knowledge an insight why are you here??

That was a real smart fake punt that Mad Dog attempted because he was pissed off at the fans, the refs, and his bosses. Nebraska was only down by seven points before that genius decision.

Even the best teams turn the ball over occasionally, but how many teams turn the ball over as many times as Mad Dog's teams do when they play good to great competition? This ridiculous and perpetual turnover problem that his teams have has got to do with how he and his staff prepares the team to play.

Don't be surprised to not see any performance improvements in the upcoming years.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Oh gee you are right I wonder if Bo knows that winning is better then losing? I wonder if Bo knows turnovers are bad? With your great knowledge an insight why are you here??

Another thing I have noticed a couple of times this year is Ameer being stripped of the ball when he has had both arms protecting the ball. That's a strength issue there.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I want you to show me any articles showing there was an ongoing problem with fumbles on any of T.O.s teams. I remember Solich having one year that was horrendous. He addressed it though. He didn't act like it wasn't a problem and just part of the game. He knew there was a problem and he addressed it. Regarding HWSNBN I really don't give a shit. I feel him and Bo are cut from the same cloth.

Turnovers happen yes if that is what you are saying but that is not what we have now. We have had an ongoing problem with turnovers for six years.

Yeah Solich had 10 turnovers in one game but that was not his identity. Do you see the difference? Turnovers happen but they should not be viewed as just a part of the game that will happen. We have a problem and our coach does not think it is.

My money is on you won't because there wasn't

TO's teams were light years ahead of Mad Dogs teams as far as playing error free and disciplined football.

I remember Solich's 1999 team being a fumble prone machine, but they were good enough to overcome most of those turnovers, unlike Mad Dog's teams.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have got to be kidding me T.Os teams turned the ball over. I am not going to search to find it but they did the reason it wasn't made a big deal is 1 Tom spoke with the media and there was a mutual respect there and 2 Toms teams never got blown out and won pretty darn handedly.

Franks teams "fixed" the problem by just doing it less then that one shitty year so anything was a improvement

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another thing I have noticed a couple of times this year is Ameer being stripped of the ball when he has had both arms protecting the ball. That's a strength issue there.

You are fucking kidding me right?

Ameer lifter of the year at 6' 185lbs. Playing in the big10 with big linebackers and linemen. He gets the ball 25-30 times a game

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Bo is pissed b.c he thought he would haveorw success here and a better school Tosu would have come calling by now but yet he is stuck here. And thought he could lose the Iowa game and be fires S.E said no sir.

jedburks

The Bad Guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jed what do they do in practice? (Not. Being a smartass here) is it half pads? Or full pads half speed? What the hell is going on that they are not hitting

Well, I obviously don't get to see practice so I can not fully answer your questions. I can only go off what I hear from the "people" I have talked to that have watched more than a handful of practices.

We all know I hate references to the 90's but as RA said, those players looked forward to Saturdays because it was easier than practices.

The other gigantic problem that was reiterated to me a bit ago is that they play scared to screw up rather than just going out and playing.

As for S&C, lots of people want to dog Dobson and probably deservedly so. There is no personal drive or friendly competition between the players to get better in the weight room either so it is not all on Dobson.

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You are fucking kidding me right?

Ameer lifter of the year at 6' 185lbs. Playing in the big10 with big linebackers and linemen. He gets the ball 25-30 times a game

He's a small back, and I do realize much larger guys will be able to out muscle him, but he sure seems to fumble at the worst possible times. Does this come back to preparation problems with Mad Dog? Hmmm?

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You have got to be kidding me T.Os teams turned the ball over. I am not going to search to find it but they did the reason it wasn't made a big deal is 1 Tom spoke with the media and there was a mutual respect there and 2 Toms teams never got blown out and won pretty darn handedly.

Franks teams "fixed" the problem by just doing it less then that one shitty year so anything was a improvement

I have already said every team fumbles, and that includes TO's teams, but Mad Dog's teams fumble and fumble and fumble and fumble and fumble and fumble and fumble over and over and over and over and over and over and over again and again and again and again and again and again and again!

Papalou

disMEMBER
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fact of the matter is we cant be happy unless we have something to bitch about. Just as well get started now before a ball has been snapped in the bowl game.:bawling:

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do I seem happy to you?

Sorry but I can be happy if we win games. Call it bitching if you want I call it stating glaring issues our team has that are not being addressed and I really get tired of the crybaby moniker cause I don't blow sun bubbles out my ass when its raining.

Papalou

disMEMBER
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do I seem happy to you?

Sorry but I can be happy if we win games. Call it bitching if you want I call it stating glaring issues our team has that are not being addressed and I really get tired of the crybaby moniker cause I don't blow sun bubbles out my ass when its raining.

Happy NewYear HISL. no sarcasm intended. I call it bitching because that is what it is, I like wise am bitching about the bitching lol. We will all know soon enough if improvement has been made.Some will be obvious tomorow and some next season.

HuskerInSecLand

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I am bitching and if that was the extent of your bitching I would have no complaint. It is the fact that you like to add the crybaby moniker to your posts irritates me.

I feel that my "bitching" is justified considering past history. I am not crying about things that are not nor things that nothing can be done about. I am bitching because of what has happened and the refusal of those who have power to change things to do anything about it. They do not seem to realize there are glaring issues with not only the performance of our team but more importantly the behavior of our coach.

I respect you and admire your positivity, though I can not share it. The crybaby accusations irritate the crap out of me though.

Papalou

disMEMBER
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes I am bitching and if that was the extent of your bitching I would have no complaint. It is the fact that you like to add the crybaby moniker to your posts irritates me.

I feel that my "bitching" is justified considering past history. I am not crying about things that are not nor things that nothing can be done about. I am bitching because of what has happened and the refusal of those who have power to change things to do anything about it. They do not seem to realize there are glaring issues with not only the performance of our team but more importantly the behavior of our coach.

I respect you and admire your positivity, though I can not share it. The crybaby accusations irritate the crap out of me though.

It wasnt directed at you in particular, and I will stop using it altogether. I dont mean to offend anyone. You must be able to look at this thread alone though and see that as a fanbase in general we seem to thrive on the negative. 5 pages so far complaining about Bo s decision to handle the press himself, 5 pages.

This from the same fans that screamed because he isnt in control of his own team. It appears to me that he is now taking control of his team. Whether we like it or not.

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only changes we really want to see are the positive ones that show up on game day. When changes involve the media, it seems like the same old war is being waged by Bo.