• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Black Sails

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I plan on watching it immediately.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After a nice long break from TV during football season, it is nice to have my shows starting up again. Black Sails starts now, then Vikings is coming real soon. Not long after that is Game of Throne. I think Silicon Valley on HBO starts right around when those start to end, and Power on Starz is on I think right after Black Sails season ends. I might look for a couple more shows to watch since True Blood and Boardwalk Empire both ended and opened up some space for me, otherwise I think those are the only 5 shows I watch all year.

Kinda surprised more people don't watch it though. Treasure Island prequel, lots of boobs, im talking LOTS and lots, even some full frontal nudity, pirates, blood and guts and action and gore and explosions, well written with decent dialogue, drama, and intrigue. Really this show would probably have 5x the viewers if it was on either HBO or basic cable. Not sure how the full frontal nudity would go over on basic cable though.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never heard of it. What channel is it on? Is it worth a look?

Just wrapped up season 3 on Starz.

It's a pirate themed show that kind of balances a mix of complete fiction ("Long" John Silver and Captain Flint are two main characters) but adds a ton of actual history of real pirates in the Caribean.

I compare it with Vikings more than probably any other show. If it was on HBO instead of Starz it would be a much bigger hit than it is.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's a pirate themed show that kind of balances a mix of complete fiction ("Long" John Silver and Captain Flint are two main characters) but adds a ton of actual history of real pirates in the Caribean.

I compare it with Vikings more than probably any other show. If it was on HBO instead of Starz it would be a much bigger hit than it is.
On Starz then. Count me out for now unless it ends up on amazon.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Most of the characters are historical. Beyond the two you mentioned, Jack Rackham, Benjamin Hornigald, captain Teach, woods Rogers, Charles Vane, etc were real folks. I agree that they mix a fair amount of fiction into the story, but frankly, pretty much every pirate story does - they didn't exactly have historians around penning their history.

I like the show. I think season 3 was the best yet and I'm glad they left it open for more seasons.

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On Starz then. Count me out for now unless it ends up on amazon.

Starz is available through Prime, but there's some type of subscription involved. I don't know about it because I get Starz through Starz.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
watched 1 and 2, did not see much of the lesbian stuff in three so I lost interest.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Despite all the pron available to us on the internets for free, you're still watching cable TV for T&A?

Do you have a link for pirate lesbian scenes?

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you have a link for pirate lesbian scenes?

not off the top of my head, but image that if you googled "pirate lesbians scenes," Google would ask you to refine the search to Somali or Caribbean pirate lesbians.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I love the show. Almost more than I like Vikings.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never seen Vikings, but I've heard it's good.

I will say that, generally speaking, pirates are cooler than Vikings.

I like the Treasure Island prequel angle.

I have a hard time picking between the 2 shows so I don't.....

I'd rather watch either of these 2 shows than anything based on a comic book though.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watch both of those shows and Billions on Showtime. So right now I'm getting backed up having 3 different hour long shows to watch each week. Coming up real soon I watch Game of Thrones and Silicon Valley both on HBO, and I watch Power on Starz. I think it was last fall, I watched the first season of Into the Badlands I think it was called, and I really liked that. But for a good 1/4 - 1/3 of the year I really don't watch anything but sports.

I really sat here thinking I didn't watch much TV anymore, and then I easily listed off 7 shows that I catch every episode of, along with probably I minimum of 10 hours of football every week for the entire season (usually my college team, my pro team and at least one more game between the two days). Plus thursday night games and monday night games on occasion. Then the whole NCAAB tourney, and obviously the entire NFL draft. Geez no wonder I'm so fat.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've had it sitting on my computer since season 1 but I haven't watched it yet, I'll get to it one day, just like I will with the Tudors that is sitting there as well.