• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Black Sails

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Black Sails: An Inside Look

Yes. Pirates of the Caribbean was my favorite ride as Disneyland growing up.

As if playing AC4 didn't get my pirate juices flowing enough this fall, this series looks like it's going to amazing. Series premieres January 25th on Starz channel.

Last edited by a moderator:

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The first full episode in up to full screen 1080p HD has been officially released on the Machinima Prime channel on Youtube a week before the premiere on Starz channel. Only gripe is they do censor the T&A and language for this online episode, but whatever....

Love the music and visuals.

Enjoy. Arrrrrrrrr.....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v68pX9k4PJY]Black Sails: Episode 1 (FULL EPISODE) - YouTube[/ame]

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
two episodes in and the lesbian lovers are already split up and already done.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Episode 1 was pretty good. It was able to draw me in and that's about all I really expect from the first episode of anything.

Episode 2 didn't do anything for me and was rather boring. That's how these things go, one episode good, the next rides it's coat tails.

I'll watch episode 3, but if it drags on I'll be done with this one.

Am I Blue Through it All?

Herald of the Apocalypse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty uneven so far, but sometimes it takes a while for the plots in these new shows to get going. Decent nude scenes, but not up to the level of Spartacus.

I think the jury is still out on whether or not they will get a second season.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Episode 1 developed some plot and characters and was pretty good for a first episode.
Episode 2 got slow, but thought I would give it a break for being a new series.
Episode 3 got no better, and now I think I'll drop it.

Not that impressed and I came in with extremely low expectations.

Herald of the Apocalypse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Episode 1 developed some plot and characters and was pretty good for a first episode.
Episode 2 got slow, but thought I would give it a break for being a new series.
Episode 3 got no better, and now I think I'll drop it.

Not that impressed and I came in with extremely low expectations.

Yeah, the only intrigue I saw was that chic Flint came home to. They allude to her being some sort of Spanish royalty. Guess that is to make you wonder who Flint is and his agenda. I may watch another episode or two to see how that plays out.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty uneven so far, but sometimes it takes a while for the plots in these new shows to get going. Decent nude scenes, but not up to the level of Spartacus.

I think the jury is still out on whether or not they will get a second season.

Yes, I am.

It's OK, but let's see if it picks up. The black chick is the same one from 'The Secret Circle'. So far they hired a model to play Anne Bonnie but she's had like 2 lines. They got a really buff pirate and he has his shirt off a lot (the captain of the 'revenge'....yummers!) but it's going to take more than this for me to want a second season.

What made Spartacus work wasn't the nude scene (though it helped), or the violence (ditto), it was the story. It was the drama of him trying to get Surrah back and the revenge he wanted for her death.

The second season (prequel) worked because we got a behind the scenes peek at how it all came to be. How did Asher get his leg injury and burn on his arm? Why was he so hated? What happened between Quintus and Sallonius to make them enemies? Why was Quintus so far in debt if he had the undefeated Gaul has his champion?

The third season worked because Glabbor hadn't yet gotten his payback for what he did.

The final season fell a little flat because you knew they were all going to die but still....

In Black Sails so far there's very little drama or story.

It's just been 3 episodes though, things may pick up now that the two ships have to work together.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The good thing is that it is on saturday night with no competition at all... even if yu DVR it, you wont be wasting too much of your time watching it...

It is not a great show, but it does seem good enough to spend an Hour watching...

I agree with everyone, that the first episode was the best episode so far and it hasnt even been close...

ugafan6612

Oh I really like boobs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hmm...i guess ill start watching sometime

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hmm...i guess ill start watching sometime

Yeah, I keep hearing more and more about this show. Gonna have to take some time and check it out.

Herald of the Apocalypse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I am.

It's OK, but let's see if it picks up. The black chick is the same one from 'The Secret Circle'. So far they hired a model to play Anne Bonnie but she's had like 2 lines. They got a really buff pirate and he has his shirt off a lot (the captain of the 'revenge'....yummers!) but it's going to take more than this for me to want a second season.

What made Spartacus work wasn't the nude scene (though it helped), or the violence (ditto), it was the story. It was the drama of him trying to get Surrah back and the revenge he wanted for her death.

The second season (prequel) worked because we got a behind the scenes peek at how it all came to be. How did Asher get his leg injury and burn on his arm? Why was he so hated? What happened between Quintus and Sallonius to make them enemies? Why was Quintus so far in debt if he had the undefeated Gaul has his champion?

The third season worked because Glabbor hadn't yet gotten his payback for what he did.

The final season fell a little flat because you knew they were all going to die but still....

In Black Sails so far there's very little drama or story.

It's just been 3 episodes though, things may pick up now that the two ships have to work together.

Pretty good synopsis. Spartacus had all the sex and mindless violence a guy could want. But beneath all that was an excellent story line full of all the drama and pathos we look for in entertainment.

For my part, Rome is still the best series ever. Followed by Deadwood. Raunchy and violent? For sure. But over time, the development of the characters was superb. :nod:

Herald of the Apocalypse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They may be starting to get some traction with this series. Last nite's episode was very compelling. And what a dilemma they left Flint and his crew with this time. I image the success of the season will turn out on what happens next week. No previews.

Herald of the Apocalypse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting twist. I suppose I will watch again next season. If nothing else, seems everyone is pretty open about their motives. That is refreshing.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I managed to get thru episode #3 and then quit watching.
It was slow and boring.
The characters aren't particularly interesting.
I caught a couple of more partial episodes and it never did keep my attention.

Season 2??? Don't care.

Midnightangel

Troll slayer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked how they moved a couple of the women forward. The one took over the island and the other is now managing the hookers.

Not sure I like the show though - it's kind of hard to find a character I like in all this.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the best shows on TV just started back up with season 2 tonight. For those that get Starz and haven't watched before check it out.