• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bigger Faster Stronger Louder

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was fun.
Now, bring on REAL football. Go Hawks

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great draft fellas

Be on the look out for our weekly Power Ranking some time this week

I'll create a separate thread for that and a separate thread for trade talk as well (players on the block, positional needs, etc)

I will have some trade pieces available once Leveon returns from Suspension and Jimmy Graham returns from injury (hopefully week 1)

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got busy doing some rankings when I realized I needed to check the draft. Can't complain about the auto picks though.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Multiple Seahawks, FireBreathingMonkey Hasn't Quite Figured Out This Whole "Draft a Good Team" Thing

toyota_logo.jpg

Draft Summary

It's not everyday you see this type of draft performance. FireBreathingMonkey took the second overall pick and turned it into what experts would describe as a "mediocre, if not disappointing," draft. They are projected to finish with a record of 3-11-0, good enough for a "book-a-weekend-getaway-during-the-playoffs," eighth, in Bigger Faster Stronger Louder League. With six WRs on the roster, FireBreathingMonkey guaranteed the WR position was taken care of. Compared to the league average of 200, their WRs projected average of 195 points this season is not much different than the rest of the wideout groups in the league. They put together the highest-scoring QB combo in the league, as they have Cam Newton and Russell Wilson on the roster.

We're not mad. We're just disappointed. Go nominate yourself for the Toyota Hall Of Fame to make it up to us.

Schedule
Whether by good fortune or well-planned strategy, FireBreathingMonkey has secured a favorable bye week schedule for their superstars. Of their top five players in projected points, none share a common off week. Looking at the entire season, they have a softer-than-average schedule. In addition to having the fifth-easiest overall schedule, FireBreathingMonkey has the second-toughest first four games of the season.

Draft Notes
  • The 12th Man Would be Proud
    The fantasy hopes of FireBreathingMonkey rest heavily on the fortunes of Russell Wilson and crew, as they loaded up with four Seahawks on their roster.

• Defense Wins Championships?
    FireBreathingMonkey chose to go with two DEFs instead of loading up at other spots.

• A Pair of Proven Winners
    FireBreathingMonkey has a couple of fantasy MVPs in their lineup. Last season, two of their players (Odell Beckham Jr. and Cam Newton) finished among the top-20 players that were on the most first-place fantasy teams.

• You Snooze, You Lose
    While the rest of the league slept on Sammie Coates, FireBreathingMonkey pounced on him at pick No. 162.

• Trigger Happy
    With their ninth-round pick, FireBreathingMonkey pulled the trigger. They drafted Jason Witten at pick number 82 despite an ADP of just 119.7 across all Yahoo! leagues.

• Not Afraid to Scramble
    With 378 projected rushing yards (ranked fifth among QBs), Marcus Mariota has multiple ways to bring in points.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man they didn't like my draft. They think no playoffs for me. I will be cool to see how close this is at the end.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mmm:L, should I get angry that everyone keeps liking my draft score. :heh:

So it looks like my main goal is to win more than 3 and make the playoffs. That will show yahoo:mad2:

:suds:

Good luck to everyone in the league of course except for Logicallylethal at least until after week one :heh:

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yahoo draft grades are purely based off of their own projections

For example they only have Doug Baldwin projected for about 950 yards

If he plays all 16 games I don't see Baldwin with less than 1200 yds. So some of their projections are definitely questionable.

I haven't looked through every team extensively but just quickly looking at teams I can say you have one of the better teams @FirebreathingMonkey '

My Power Rankings will probably more accurate than Yahoo's grades. Although I overlooked both @HaroldSeattle and @blstoker last year

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yahoo draft grades are purely based off of their own projections

For example they only have Doug Baldwin projected for about 950 yards

If he plays all 16 games I don't see Baldwin with less than 1200 yds. So some of their projections are definitely questionable.

I haven't looked through every team extensively but just quickly looking at teams I can say you have one of the better teams @FirebreathingMonkey '

My Power Rankings will probably more accurate than Yahoo's grades. Although I overlooked both @HaroldSeattle and @blstoker last year

Yeah, Yahoo! hated me last year, and so did you. Went on to get the #1 seed in the playoffs!!!! Unfortunately - my entire roster took a two week break at that point. It almost felt like Peyton Manning was my QB. I drafted more conventional this time - but I am not sure it's gonna result in more wins (10 is hard to beat!).

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing Yahoo had right, I would of been drafting a RB first round if I had been online first round.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Yahoo! hated me last year, and so did you. Went on to get the #1 seed in the playoffs!!!! Unfortunately - my entire roster took a two week break at that point. It almost felt like Peyton Manning was my QB. I drafted more conventional this time - but I am not sure it's gonna result in more wins (10 is hard to beat!).

You were a ninja on the FA market last year.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Led by an Elite Group of RBs, The Boz Wins at Fantasy Football and Life

Draft Summary

The Boz received the fifth pick in the draft and used it to build a juggernaut. The majority of the league will spend the season looking up at The Boz in the standings, as they are expected to finish second in Bigger Faster Stronger Louder League with a record of 12-2-0 (2,605 points). They clearly wanted to put together a wide receiver corps early, using three of their first five selections on DeAndre Hopkins (first round), Brandin Cooks (third round), and Julian Edelman (fifth round). They put together one of the highest-scoring groups of RBs in the league, as they added Devonta Freeman, Danny Woodhead, Latavius Murray, and Jeremy Langford.

Not bad, but you've still got room for improvement. Becoming a Toyota Hall Of Famer would certainly qualify. Nominate yourself now.

Schedule
The Boz should use Week 9 to finally build that mini trainyard. Really just about anything other than checking fantasy football will do. They have five players and the most projected fantasy points on bye that week. Looking at the entire season, they have the easiest schedule. Corresponding with the easiest overall schedule, The Boz also has the softest last four games of the season.

Draft Notes
  • Root, Root, Root for the Home Team
    The Boz is a believer in the hopes of the San Diego Chargers this year, grabbing a pair of players on that squad earlier than their ADPs might suggest.

• Defense Wins Championships?
    The Boz chose to go with two DEFs instead of loading up at other spots.

• A Dominating Pair
    The Boz has a pair of fantasy MVPs in their lineup. Last season, two of their players (DeAndre Hopkins and Devonta Freeman) finished among the top-20 players that were on the most first-place fantasy teams.

• Super Sleepers
    At picks No. 176 and 185, The Boz snagged a couple of late-round fliers with upside in Dak Prescott and C.J. Prosise.

• A Versatile Combination
    Theo Riddick can hurt opponents with his hands as well as his feet. He ranks third among RBs with 577 projected receiving yards.

• Insider Trading?
    C.J. Prosise is owned in only 1% of all Yahoo! leagues. Let's hope that a.) The Boz has some solid insider sources, or b.) he's a close friend of the family.
Player Analysis
    • D. Hopkins, WR
    • Round 1, Pick 5

Targeting the Texan
    Hopkins was one of just three wideouts (along with Julio Jones and Antonio Brown) to get at least 190 targets last year, and only Devonta Freeman and Tom Brady appeared more often on championship rosters than Houston's stud WR.
    • D. Freeman, RB
    • Round 2, Pick 16

Better Lucky Than Good?
    The rest of Bigger Faster Stronger Louder League overlooked a gem, and The Boz made the smartest value pick of the round by taking Devonta Freeman.
    • Julian Edelman, WR
    • Round 5, Pick 45

PPR Superhero
    Julian Edelman is expected to be a strong possession receiver this year, and his 93 projected catches rank eighth in the league.
    • J. Langford, RB
    • Round 6, Pick 56

Apparently ADP is Overrated
    With their sixth-round pick, The Boz pulled the trigger. They took Jeremy Langford at pick number 56 despite an ADP of just 87.8 across all Yahoo! leagues.
    • Coby Fleener, TE
    • Round 7, Pick 65

A Big, Strong Threat
    Coby Fleener ranks third in the Bigger Faster Stronger Louder League among TEs with 206 projected fantasy points. If the pundits are wrong and he places outside the top-10, The Boz could be on the outside looking in come playoff time.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh shit! Yahoo! likes my draft. My season is over!

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Logicallylethal you are lucky I didn't get their to make my second round pick, for sure I would have taken Bell.

Trade you Gronk for him. See you got Walker so that's not going to work.

Last edited:

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cooks 98 yards for a TD! Nice to have someone putting up big number for me!

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uggg! Quinn! Freeman with a 7 yard run right up the middle - 5 yard loss on toss to the outside! All freakin' game long! Stop running that stupid pitch!

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, sorry monkey - but that was one hell of a comeback. Getting 55.7 out of Freeman and Fleener to win by 4.94! I thought I was dead in the water....

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Facing Julio Jones in both my leagues, and I will lose both based almost solely on what he did against Carolina today.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, sorry monkey - but that was one hell of a comeback. Getting 55.7 out of Freeman and Fleener to win by 4.94! I thought I was dead in the water....

Man I thought I had that in the bag too that was just brutal. (sorry for late reply, been really busy)