• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Best Restaurant you've been to...

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care if its in the town, city, state, or even country you live in...What is the BEST restaurant/Meal you've EVER had???

GeekSportsFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Long Beach, California...555 on Ocean Ave. right across from the Queen Mary near Shorline Village. Best porterhouse and rib eyes EVAAAAARR!

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some famous steak house in Indianapolis...I forgot the name.

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
heh...
After 25 years of travel with deep expense accounts I've scarfed down a bookoo of memorable and just plain incredible meals...but...

my best dining experience ever was with an Anheuser-Busch/Baton Rouge distributor who said: "Screw Commander's Palace, I'm taking you somewhere special..."

which turned out to be an endless series of galvanized buckets of iced-down Budweisers, of perfectly spiced red potatos and of boiled crawfish - placed on the warped old picnic table teetering on a rickety old leaning dock over a jaw-droppingly beautiful bayou swamp in the middle of non-civilized nowhere somewhere outside of Houma - all served by a huge, laughing black woman out of her ramshackle leaning wood cabin.

we sat there for hours, laughing, talking, companionably sucking head, squeezing tail & dranking Buds in a setting of absolutely splendid isolation.

:tb:

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
most fun dining experience...

1985/Atlanta. Brett & Rob had a bet: Whoever sells the least time for such-n-such programming event (they were both national media brokers) takes the winner and 4 others to Bones Homepage Brett lost...I was one of the 4.
Everybody went nuts...was an obscene no-holds-barred eating drinking piggy scene. Couple hours later, we were all stuffed & smashed sitting there when the waiter sidled up to Brett with the leather-bound tab...
Brett took it, looked at it, looked around at us, looked at it again, looked up at the waiter and said: "It's not enough, bring us another round."

:lol:

was $2,800 before tip, as I recall.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Hula Grill in Maui, HI (Whaler's Village). Absolutely amazing food, and one of a kind experience (live band w/ hula dancers, tables on the beach so we could put our feet in the sand). Loved everything about it. Always get their coconut calamari (spicy coconut crust, macadamia nut slaw, thai cocktail sauce), then I love their "Firecracker Fish" (choice of 5-6 diff fish, spicy firecracker aioli, black bean avocado salsa, house pickled jalapeño). Not the most extensive menu but still amazing fresh food. Fish are caught from local fisherman every morning. Cheap prices for the island too. Highly recommend this place.

2) PF Changs... Just about everything they make. Fairly cheap too!

3) Country Kitchen... I believe that was the name of it? Amazing bbq style food. Steak & prime rib are to die for.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really know how to answer this. But there is this place in Tennessee that I loved called El Mexico in a little town called Shelbyville. I wouldn't say it's the best food I've ever eaten, but I sure do miss it. It was very reasonably priced and while it was Mexican, it wasn't one of those - it has to be extremely spicy hot to be Mexican places. Still has the tex-mex type menu that I desired.

I'm sure there are better restaurants out there, but I'm a cheap ass and generally just rather cook for myself unless I'm traveling. A good little sports bar/steakhouse is plenty enough for me.

The biggest ripoff I've ever had was in Las Vegas, Michael Mina's at the Bellagio. I would have been pissed if I had to pay for it. Most expensive meal I've ever had, I ate it all, was unimpressed and left still hungry. For $80+ you'd think you'd get more than 3 bites of steak(literally, not an exaggeration).

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frasca in Boulder, CO. Truly an exceptional experience. The chicken liver mousse was an experience all to itself. Even the amuse bouche was well thought out and made my eyes light up.

Best place I've eaten at in Oklahoma is a place in OKC called Ludevine. Checked it out Saturday. The menu changes with the seasons and availability, and they're offering things like roasted bone marrow that nobody else has the guts to try. Outstanding wait staff too.

Last edited:

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After 25 years of travel with deep expense accounts I've scarfed down a bookoo of memorable and just plain incredible meals

This.

I wouldn't even know where to begin trying to pick a favorite food city, let alone a restaurant or meal. Thinking about all the places I've been fortunate enough to eat at brings back some great memories, though.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Red-Lobster-650x330.jpg

SlinkyRedfoot

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
memorable dishes:

canaloni with braised rabbit - Carnevino, Las Vegas
fugu - Oishii, Boston
Cassoulet - L'Albatros, Cleveland
Smoked Brisket - A hunting ranch in Coleman, TX

I'll try to add others as I think of them.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tio Pepe's in Baltimore

The Paella was great, eye rolling.

Paella a la Valenciana - Para Dos

A typical spanish rice dish with lobster, shrimp, clams, mussels, veal, chorizo, and chicken. Seasoned with saffron and cooked in a "paellera" pan. 25 minute preparation (for two).

williewilliejuan

Giant Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
memorable dishes:

canaloni with braised rabbit - Carnevino, Las Vegas
fugu - Oishii, Boston
Cassoulet - L'Albatros, Cleveland
Smoked Brisket - A hunting ranch in Coleman, TX

I'll try to add others as I think of them.

I believe I had the Farm Burger at the Bob Evans in Akron.

Good times.

sooner78wakeboard

Sooner Born, Sooner Bred
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are a bunch of them and I was trying to wrap my head around some of the ones I've been to. But one local place comes to mind, Cheevers. It's a can't miss.

cheevers2.jpg

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we sat there for hours, laughing, talking, companionably sucking head, squeezing tail & dranking Buds in a setting of absolutely splendid isolation.

:tb:
Can't go wrong with sucking head and squeezing tail :heh: