• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Best Restaurant you've been to...

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I have no idea. Especially if I have to consider places all over the world. I'm going to limit the pool to places I've eaten at with some regularity just to make it easier. The places that make me smile most when I think about them... I'll start with Ma Pêche. I love most of what David Chang does but Ma Pêche has always been my favourite. The Modern is another place that I loved. Buddakan is an old favourite that I used to always end up at. And another joint that I love is Aldea. All 4 are in NYC.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
heh...
After 25 years of travel with deep expense accounts I've scarfed down a bookoo of memorable and just plain incredible meals...but...

my best dining experience ever was with an Anheuser-Busch/Baton Rouge distributor who said: "Screw Commander's Palace, I'm taking you somewhere special..."

which turned out to be an endless series of galvanized buckets of iced-down Budweisers, of perfectly spiced red potatos and of boiled crawfish - placed on the warped old picnic table teetering on a rickety old leaning dock over a jaw-droppingly beautiful bayou swamp in the middle of non-civilized nowhere somewhere outside of Houma - all served by a huge, laughing black woman out of her ramshackle leaning wood cabin.

we sat there for hours, laughing, talking, companionably sucking head, squeezing tail & dranking Buds in a setting of absolutely splendid isolation.

:tb:

dude

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Friend of mine who is also a chef and was my boss for a few years made some braised veal shank, risotto and some foie gras. Hands down the best food I have ever had and I am not huge on veal. It was unreal how perfect it was.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seafood;
Windjammer in Burlington VT. That was many years ago, may be shit now.
Lynnhaven Fish House or Steinhilbers in Va. Beach, VA. Again, may have gone downhill.

Steak;
Ruth's Chris.
The Stockyard in Nashville.

Italian;
La Famalia in Boston. Ohmyfrickingod!!!

Chinese;
Forbidden City, Va Beach, VA.
Gone now. First time I went in there, almost closing time, they were all watching Asian pron on a giant rear projector TV.
Food was good though.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a favorite, but tried out a new BBQ joint in town tonight and had the oddest moment.

So I live in a BFE town about an hour East of Denver. We got a new BBQ joint in this gas station that is outside of town where there's been a dozen places in the past 5 years that have come and failed. But I like my BBQ so tried it out. Really good, bit pricey but that's fine. Then the owner comes over and he is HUGE. Turns out I was chatting with Simon Fletcher (Denver Bronco's all time sack leader), who set up shop here. Just a bit surreal.

Of course the best restaurant in our town is a mexican place, and I was there a couple years ago and noticed Jake Plummer was eating at the table beside me (ended up he married a Bronco cheerleader from my town).

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a favorite, but tried out a new BBQ joint in town tonight and had the oddest moment.

So I live in a BFE town about an hour East of Denver. We got a new BBQ joint in this gas station that is outside of town where there's been a dozen places in the past 5 years that have come and failed. But I like my BBQ so tried it out. Really good, bit pricey but that's fine. Then the owner comes over and he is HUGE. Turns out I was chatting with Simon Fletcher (Denver Bronco's all time sack leader), who set up shop here. Just a bit surreal.

Of course the best restaurant in our town is a mexican place, and I was there a couple years ago and noticed Jake Plummer was eating at the table beside me (ended up he married a Bronco cheerleader from my town).

Wow, Very Cool!!! Talk about a blast from the past...Fletcher was a hell of a player!!! What was the name of the place? just wondering if he put his name in there like most former players do... :suds:

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he has one in Greeley I just found out called Whistle Blowers grill and BBQ, so I am guessing this is the same. Didn't even have a sign up at this place yet, but I heard we got a new BBQ place so tried it out. Just was so odd as it seemed like a nowhere location.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he has one in Greeley I just found out called Whistle Blowers grill and BBQ, so I am guessing this is the same. Didn't even have a sign up at this place yet, but I heard we got a new BBQ place so tried it out. Just was so odd as it seemed like a nowhere location.

Wow, That actually makes it even cooler!!! :nod: :suds:

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was a seafood place in OKC called Hermans Seafood that operated in the 30's, 40's, 50's, 60's, and 70's that was delicious when I was a kid.

They had the greatest Manhattan Clam Chowder on the Planet.
And a pretty neat layout for a restaurant.

hermans-thumbnail.jpg

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was a seafood place in OKC called Hermans Seafood that operated in the 30's, 40's, 50's, 60's, and 70's that was delicious when I was a kid.

They had the greatest Manhattan Clam Chowder on the Planet.
And a pretty neat layout for a restaurant.

View attachment 99569

Love hearing about nostalgic places like this...In fact that's a great idea for another thread!!! best places that aren't around anymore, hmmmmmm....:hmm:

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Craftsteak at the MGM Grand in Vegas.

I've been there a couple times in the past. Had a great meal both times, espcially the roasted muchrooms... I had the hen of the woods mushrooms... Nicely charred, not overly seasoned so the natural flavor came out... Amazing!!!

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sam's Place in Reynosa Mexico. Family style serving quail, white wing dove, frog legs and cabrito w/different veggies. Excellent!