• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Best Restaurant you've been to...

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem I have with a Porterhouse is twofold...First, not a fan of fiet these days...As a Chef I gues my taste has chaged and Filet has a VERY livery flavor I have to be in the mood for. Second, it is VERY difficult for most places to cook a Porterhouse where the filet and strip are cooked at the same temp. In my life I've found ONE place that can do it, PETER LUGER and the place is so fricken expensive I can't go there often...
Ahh I knew it! You are a chef too. Was going to ask you awhile back but didn't for some reason.

Yeah you are right about the cook temp. It doesn't matter as much with a T-bone as much since they tend to be cut pretty thin but different story with a Porterhouse. I rarely go eat out to eat steak because Prime graded meat has spoiled me and I would rather buy it at cost and cook it at home.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahh I knew it! You are a chef too. Was going to ask you awhile back but didn't for some reason.

Yeah you are right about the cook temp. It doesn't matter as much with a T-bone as much since they tend to be cut pretty thin but different story with a Porterhouse. I rarely go eat out to eat steak because Prime graded meat has spoiled me and I would rather buy it at cost and cook it at home.

:suds: no prob...Been doing it for almost 20 years now. Scary actually lol...But yes, If someone knows what they are doing and knows a place to get a nice Prime peice of meat, you'd be CRAZY not to cook it yourself...

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohhhh. I didn't know that.

Under a certain weight/size of the Filet it's called a t-bone. Make sure you aren't getting charged for a Porterhouse when supposed to be for a T-Bone, should be a HUGE difference in price...

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Under a certain weight/size of the Filet it's called a t-bone. Make sure you aren't getting charged for a Porterhouse when supposed to be for a T-Bone, should be a HUGE difference in price...

Also good to know, but I'm pretty locked in to ribeyes nowadays. I do like a nice filet mignon, but that is something I'll usually hit up a steak house for.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also good to know, but I'm pretty locked in to ribeyes nowadays. I do like a nice filet mignon, but that is something I'll usually hit up a steak house for.

I hear ya...I'm a Ribeye guy myself as well...I know everyone claims that Porterhouse is the king of steaks because of its size and the two choices of meats, but I still think Ribeye is the king...Everyplace I go, that is what I order and what I judge the others against eachother...When done right, there is NOTHING like a good ribeye...

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a question on this subject. When you cook a ribeye do you put it on the grill then in the oven or the oven then on the grill?

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a question on this subject. When you cook a ribeye do you put it on the grill then in the oven or the oven then on the grill?

You would def start it on the grill, then into the oven if necessary. Once it comes out of the oven, you could pop it back on the grill for a bit more char on the outside or cooking a bit more...You can't really just start it in the oven, you need a "crust" to it. Either a grill, broiler, or a nice hot pan to sear it in will do the trick. Keeps all the juicyness in there...

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best restaurant I've been to, that is easy...

2000px-Mcdonalds-90s-logo.svg.png

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I do grill only personally. My wife doesn't like hers medium rare like I do, so I move her's to indirect heat for a few extra minutes usually. Although lately, I've been getting her to eat them my way more and more as she's finally starting to believe it's not blood.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anigif_enhanced-buzz-2635-1381917341-10.gif

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do grill only personally. My wife doesn't like hers medium rare like I do, so I move her's to indirect heat for a few extra minutes usually. Although lately, I've been getting her to eat them my way more and more as she's finally starting to believe it's not blood.

lol... finally winning this fight.. Went though a long talk about how a cut of meat is sealed on the inside and has no entryway for pathogens unlike chicken (plumped by injecting with water) or ground meats. She still wants the edge pieces when I do a prime rib, but I do those pretty rare.