• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Best game of the season

gmalis1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably the best game of the season tonight at Minnesota with a 5-1 win against the Wild.

Crawford sharp in net making some spectacular stops.

Offensive boom tonight with five goals, two goals in the third period (how about that) and not squandering a third period two goal lead.

Penalty kill was perfect and the Hawks scored a power play goal for the fifth straight game.

Goals by Sharp, Brookbank (say what?), Leddy, Kane (off a nifty behind the back pass from Saad) and Saad.

Saad, Shaw and Pirri looked dangerous tonight. Very dangerous. Plenty of offensive chances again but this time they buried them.

Defense looked good.

Should be a good lineup to go with tomorrow night against the Senators. I'm hoping that Q sticks with Crawford as the Hawks then have four days off. No confidence in Khabibulin, who may not make it through November.

Good bounce back game from a miserable defeat to the Wild two nights ago at home.

ChicagoIrish

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good win all the way around.

Pirri and Saad with 2 points a piece, defense looked good, Crawford looked good. It was a good bounce back win.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goals by Sharp, Brookbank (say what?), Leddy, Kane (off a nifty behind the back pass from Saad) and Saad.

Brookbank had 14 or 15 goals one year in the AHL, even though he hasn't done much offensively in the NHL.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brandon Saad?s spin-o-rama set up to Kane Video - NHL VideoCenter - Chicago Blackhawks

that spinning assist by Saad, how many times has Kaner set it on a plate for his team mates.

Its usually Saad and Toews, or now Saad and Kane, if it ever gets to Saad, Toews and Kane it might be the most prominent offensive line in the league.

I thought Morin skated well again. got double and tripled a few times in our zone and couldnt clear the puck, but there were some rink wide passes right on the blade to his team mates. Like the toughness Mills is showing too. All of the sudden the future looks bright again.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
other than that, Backstrom had a terrible game. .810 save percentage. Should have been pulled for Harding. So it kinda takes away from this being a vision of another undefeated streak starting.

HockeyDoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Chicago had a better 3rd than normal. Overall, I thought Minnesota looked like garbage. Nice to see a game without a goal given up on the pk.

gmalis1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably right up there as the best win of the season was today's matinee against the Jets in Winnipeg.

Hawks won 5-1, scoring five straight goals after spotting the Jets a 1-0 lead.

Corey Crawford was amazing in goal once again. At least five terrific saves. In my opinion, he's a top 5 goalie in the league right now. You can just see his confidence in the net.

Hawks getting goals from Hjamarlsson, Bollig, Sharp, Leddy and Ben Smith.

Hammer can shoot the puck and has a great shot. Not sure why he seems to be so reluctant to shoot most of the time.

Bollig---hey that's two goals already this season, which is two more than he ever had.

Sharp with a great pass from Hossa to spring him on a breakaway and a very sweet move around Pavelec for an open net goal.

Leddy with a blast from the top of the circle. Another guy who has a rocket for a shot.

Ben Smith with a nice redirect midway through the third period.

This game was what I consider to be MY perfect game. Close game after one period, take total control after a few minutes in the second, sit back and relax the rest of the way. Perfect.

Curious three stars to the game. Sharp (Winnipeg native) number one star. Okay, he had a goal. Toews (Winnipeg native) number two star. No points. Talk about homerism. Geez. Bollig had a goal and an assist and he doesn't even get to be a star? He was robbed. LOL!

Fourth line had two goals. Played very well. Number one line of Toews-Sharp-Hossa...just dominant all night long. Third line looked great as well with Shaw-Bickell-Morin playing great.

Kane struggling now with Saad and Pirri. Don't get me wrong, I like Saad AND Pirri a lot. It just seems that Kane is just out of sync a bit with them not knowing exactly where they will be. Kaner did have two off the post today, including a penalty shot that rang off the crossbar.

Now the question bodes---When the hell with the Avalanche every lose again? Got to give them some credit. They're playing lights out.

At home against Calgary tomorrow night. Will Crawford get the nod again? If not, does Habby get another chance to show he can do it? It he sucks, does the Hawks brass huddle up and actually do something?