• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Bengals at Dak and Cowboys 10/9/16

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad I made Zeke angry w this thread. Was gonna say Dak and Zeke and the Cowboys

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next week we get to see if GB rushing defense really is tops in the league. Giving up 42 yards per game. Dallas rush attack is #1 at 155 yards/game.

Hope the game plan is to come out with 3 straight play action passes. All for TD's :evil:

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas defense is #17 in yards.game, right in the middle. Offense is #2 behind ATL in yards/game.

Looks like our defense is going to overachieve this year, hope it keeps up!

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next week we get to see if GB rushing defense really is tops in the league. Giving up 42 yards per game. Dallas rush attack is #1 at 155 yards/game.

Hope the game plan is to come out with 3 straight play action passes. All for TD's :evil:
If the Cowboys win that game, the QB Controversy will be real.....

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas defense is #17 in yards.game, right in the middle. Offense is #2 behind ATL in yards/game.

Looks like our defense is going to overachieve this year, hope it keeps up!
YEP...not as butt ugly as so many dallas fans assumed

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a great game yesterday! That was as sharp as Dallas has been in a long while, all phases of the game were crisp. Very reminiscent of the 2014 formula.

Just a couple thoughts...
- Dak seems unflappable, I am just amazed by his composure in the pocket. He makes great decisions all the time.
- Zeke!! The way he split the safeties on the 60yrd TD, that is speed! He is really settling in nicely - three straight 130+ yard games. Elliott is a Swiss army knife at RB, he can do it all. I just hope the team doesn't ride him too hard.
- DLaw being back was huge. Seemed to really take some of the pressure off the rest of the guys. The Bengals Oline is solid and Dallas whipped them. A starting line of DLaw-Collins-McClain-Crawford is looking solid.
- The Cowboys Oline was in top form yesterday against one of the top Dlines in the game. Just absolutely destroyed them - very impressive. Leary has much better chemistry with the starting group, no need to rush Collins back. I can't wait for that rematch with the Giants Dline...
- Beasley has really taken a step forward this year. I have been very impressed with his consistent production. Has great chemistry with Prescott and has been showing up in a lot of big spots so far this year.
- Byron Jones is making a huge impact on the entire secondary. It's great to finally have a Safety who can actually cover. He's going to be among the best in the game at FS before long - just needs to start creating turnovers.
- Mo Claiborne is having a great year so far, he hasn't just taken a step forward, but a leap. Really impressed with him so far, and as possibly his biggest critic on the board over the past few years, I am glad he is proving me wrong.
- J.J. Wilcox is another who is having a very solid year so far - huge turn around for him. Another guy forcing me to eat some crow, but I love it!

And this is still Romo's team when he is healthy, Dak goes to the bench as soon as Romo is able, no questions. But Romo and the team better not rush the process with Dak playing so well. This is about as great of a situation a team could hope for after their star QB goes down, Dallas better not fuck it up by allowing Romo to play until he is 100%.

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so................when Romo is healthy, you would have no issues with him being under center?

A healthy Romo's production is unquestionable. And he is a bigger threat in the red zone even with Daks mobility.

Dak is playing great but this is still by far Romo's team. But get ready for all of the talking heads out there to say they should stick with Dak. Most of them don't actually believe that but that's what they will say just to drive more clicks to the website sites and such.

One thing is for sure ...Romo better win his first game back or God help him.

Hopefully the Cowboys are giving some thought on what game to bring him back and not just when he is healthy.
Dak has given us the benefit to do so. That Browns game seems like the perfect time for Romo to get back under center.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
me?
no...I think a healthy Romo is still a pretty good player

nice problem to have

This is more than likely true that Romo is still a good player. To me the GB game should not even matter in the discussion unless Dak just lights it up. Many seem to be gauging this game as the measuring stick. Honestly, if Eli plays average last night the Giants probably win that game. With that being said, is it really fair to Dak to judge him on one game @ Lambeau. The only knock that I have seen from the Romo fans that holds water is Dak doesn't stretch the field. I thought he did throw it down field a little more yesterday. Whether he does or doesn't, he still seems to get to the place that needs to be gotten too. Where Romo may take 5 or 6 plays, Dak is taking 10-12. Dak said something interesting in his PC after the game. He talked about 50/50 balls and said there will be a time for that. To me, Romo takes those chances a lot.
My take- Romo is a better QB than Dak. I think if you put them on every team in the league Romo would start for 31 teams. This team is the only one in question. I've said it before, it should not be the 11 best, it should be the best 11. Hell of a decision coming soon. Us Romo fans had to know something like this would eventually happen.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so................when Romo is healthy, you would have no issues with him being under center?

I have no issues with a healthy Romo under center. He gives us the best chance to win.

Reactions: DJ

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly my biggest fear is not that Romo will sit when healthy, but that JG will feel the need to keep him engaged and part of the offense and will trot out some stupid wildcat type crap.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,081.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas is going to win the East.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,081.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no issues with a healthy Romo under center. He gives us the best chance to win.

I agree with this. Prescott has looked good but Romo is still their best option when healthy.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If people think Zeke is a beast now, wait until defenses have to respect the deep threat. Romo + Dez equals Zeke for 200 yards.

Dak is accurate but they aren't asking him to stretch the field, which is the right thing to do.