• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Bengals at Dak and Cowboys 10/9/16

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no issues with a healthy Romo under center. He gives us the best chance to win.
I agree, but think it is very close. Dak has been incredible. Best thing for the team is probably Dak at QB and Romo's cap dollars used elsewhere, but that isn't an option THIS YEAR. But, IF HEALTHY, I agree you definitely give Romo a shot to show what he can do with this team and have no doubt we will do just that. But, the biggest problem with this line of thinking is assuming we will ever see a healthy Romo at 36 and after another back injury. Romo at 90% is not a better QB than Dak for this team. Playing him before he is at or at least near 100% would be a mistake:2cents:

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry...but people as over the top with the romo love as you, can only be 5%.

winning remains the only objective

You really believe that don't you. Wait til the boos rain down after his first bad throw and you tell me if that's everyone's objective.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I admit it's different watching the games when he doesn't play. That doesn't change my preference for the outcome. I love watching the defense. I think Zeke is special. The Oline is really good.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, but think it is very close. Dak has been incredible. Best thing for the team is probably Dak at QB and Romo's cap dollars used elsewhere, but that isn't an option THIS YEAR. But, IF HEALTHY, I agree you definitely give Romo a shot to show what he can do with this team and have no doubt we will do just that. But, the biggest problem with this line of thinking is assuming we will ever see a healthy Romo at 36 and after another back injury. Romo at 90% is not a better QB than Dak for this team. Playing him before he is at or at least near 100% would be a mistake:2cents:

Key words- for this team

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There is a bit of a flip side to that. Who is the real Dak Prescott?
Right now Dak is like some guy in Vegas who is up $1800 after 5 spins at roulette table and walks out the door.

But we know the reality. People don't walk out the door and this cloud nine start by Dak has to sink back to earth at some point. I'm really eager to see who Dak settles in to be after that first "punch in the mouth" game with 2 ints, sacked 6 times (sorry O line) and a lost fumble.

From what I have seen so far, all signs are pointing that he would handle it pretty well. My concern is a bad game could make him do something really horrible. Think.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL Week 6 early odds: Cowboys, Falcons both open as huge road underdogs
Here's an early look at the lines for all NFL games being played in Week 6

Pulling off an impressive win might help you in the standings, but it doesn't do anything to help you with the oddsmakers in Las Vegas, something that Cowboysand Falcons fans will probably notice if they decide to bet on their teams this week.

Despite the fact that Dallas and Atlanta pulled off two of the biggest wins in Week 5, both teams opened up as big road underdogs for Week 6.

The Cowboys, who are coming off a 28-14 trouncing of the Bengals, opened as a 5.5 point underdog to Green Bay. As for the Falcons, they opened up as a 6-point underdog to the Seahawks, even though they went into Denver and pulled off a 23-16 win.

The win in Denver made the Falcons just the third team ever to beat the prior year's Super Bowl participants in consecutive weeks. Atlanta beat Carolina in Week 4.

That being said, the Falcons-Seahawks line actually makes some sense when you look at how good Seattle has been against the spread at home over the past few years. Since Russell Wilson's rookie year in 2012, the Seahawks are an NFL-best 33-5 ATS at home, including the postseason.

As for the Cowboys, there's a chance that their offense could run into a brick wall in Green Bay. If Ezekiel Elliott's going to run the Cowboys to a victory, he's going to have to do it against the NFL's top ranked run defense in Green Bay. It's also probably worth mentioning that the Cowboys are 0-5 straight-up against the Packersdating back to 2009.

That fact isn't stopping people from betting on Dallas, though. The Cowboys money is already pouring in, with the line in the game moving a full point toward Dallas since opening on Sunday.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't know 5.5 was huge. When I read that I was thinking 9-10

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and I think 4-1 is outstanding!
no romo, no dez, no defense, no coaching

it's all about stacking W's.

Go Cowboys!

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4-1 is outstanding. 53 plus guys really believing and buying in.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just think it's about to be a mess.
I think your worrying about nothing. I don't see Dak making an issue if Romo starts and plays well, if Romo doesn't I think all involved will decide to go back to Dak. If Romo plays well and some fans still scream for Dak is doesn't matter as long as the team tunes them out.
I'll say it again, only way this is a problem is if Romo is done end he and the team fail to acknowledge it. We won't know until we see Romo under center.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think your worrying about nothing. I don't see Dak making an issue if Romo starts and plays well, if Romo doesn't I think all involved will decide to go back to Dak. If Romo plays well and some fans still scream for Dak is doesn't matter as long as the team tunes them out.
I'll say it again, only way this is a problem is if Romo is done end he and the team fail to acknowledge it. We won't know until we see Romo under center.

It's the 53 plus I worry about. Houses get divided real quick. This team has bought into whatever JG is selling right now. I haven't seen a Dallas team play this hard since 2003.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the 53 plus I worry about. Houses get divided real quick. This team has bought into whatever JG is selling right now. I haven't seen a Dallas team play this hard since 2003.
Again, I don't think the team makes an issue unless Romo has noting left. You're letting the media get to you.