• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Been Car Shopping What A Nightmare

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Went to see a movie yesterday when I got out of the movie and into the car my wife stated how hot the car and seats were. Now she is very leery about about Leather seats. Pretty hard to find a V6 with cloth seats, choices came down to Ford, Chevy and Nissan, neither of which are on my list. This sucks we may end up getting a four banger.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Went to see a movie yesterday when I got out of the movie and into the car my wife stated how hot the car and seats were. Now she is very leery about about Leather seats. Pretty hard to find a V6 with cloth seats, choices came down to Ford, Chevy and Nissan, neither of which are on my list. This sucks we may end up getting a four banger.

Gotta keep the little lady happy...unless you just hated it, I would maybe revisit the Ford Fusion...you can take this info FWIW to you, but Car And Driver loves the Accord, have for years...they reviewed the '13, Focus along with the Accord EX, Nissan 2.5 & Passat...pretty favorable.

Secondly, we used one as a rental for a month while getting an insurance claim resolved...6 cyl...I was very pleased with the car. Good handling, acceleration, spacious.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another option would be to look at an Ecoboost 4 cylinder on the Fusion. Actually offers more horsepower and torque than its V6 counterpart and you get way better mileage as well. Costs a little more but its worth it.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta keep the little lady happy...unless you just hated it, I would maybe revisit the Ford Fusion...you can take this info FWIW to you, but Car And Driver loves the Accord, have for years...they reviewed the '13, Focus along with the Accord EX, Nissan 2.5 & Passat...pretty favorable.

Secondly, we used one as a rental for a month while getting an insurance claim resolved...6 cyl...I was very pleased with the car. Good handling, acceleration, spacious.

Another option would be to look at an Ecoboost 4 cylinder on the Fusion. Actually offers more horsepower and torque than its V6 counterpart and you get way better mileage as well. Costs a little more but its worth it.

After the last Ford there is no way mama will got for that. I just wonder that if I properly tint the windows, get a good suncreen if the seats will still get really hot.

I may end up waiting and doing more research.

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Wagoneer has it right. The "U" of the seat is leather and the part your ass hits is a heavy but breathing corduroy.

It'll only cost you a few hundred to have cloth put in your seats like that. Make it with your team logo or something cool...

33032870005_large.jpg

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the last Ford there is no way mama will got for that. I just wonder that if I properly tint the windows, get a good suncreen if the seats will still get really hot.

I may end up waiting and doing more research.

Just re visited this and I still have not bought a car. Wife and I spoke, looked at some bill and determined I can buy now and settle for a good car or wait until next fall and get what I want. I decided to wait if that means I can get the car I want, so I am back to riding the VW Passat Wagon for another year, which actually rides well. One of the things I am really hacving issues with are the technology changes to today's vehicles. One of the cars I really like and drove really great was the new Avalon, and I know there is a recall on them right now not a deterrent IMO. But the models differ in tech stuff, back up cameras, blind spot monitoring, adaptive cruise control, voice activated navigation etc. Just not sure of these which is worth having and which is just auto fodder. They all drive exactly the same, and I am thinking seeing as the all have Bluetooth I can get Navi from a smart phone and use that. Stereo is another area they try to get you, but I am thinking as quiet as the car is I may not need the super JBL system just go with standard and replace when speakers get crappy. All in all I think the Avalon will be the car just gotta figure which tech crap is worht the money.

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Wagoneer has it right. The "U" of the seat is leather and the part your ass hits is a heavy but breathing corduroy.

It'll only cost you a few hundred to have cloth put in your seats like that. Make it with your team logo or something cool...

33032870005_large.jpg

And if you need to change the color of your seats.....

Landau Black Interior Paint Aerosol 12 oz Net

Brought to you by the people who brought you.....

Last edited by a moderator:

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just re visited this and I still have not bought a car. Wife and I spoke, looked at some bill and determined I can buy now and settle for a good car or wait until next fall and get what I want. I decided to wait if that means I can get the car I want, so I am back to riding the VW Passat Wagon for another year, which actually rides well. One of the things I am really hacving issues with are the technology changes to today's vehicles. One of the cars I really like and drove really great was the new Avalon, and I know there is a recall on them right now not a deterrent IMO. But the models differ in tech stuff, back up cameras, blind spot monitoring, adaptive cruise control, voice activated navigation etc. Just not sure of these which is worth having and which is just auto fodder. They all drive exactly the same, and I am thinking seeing as the all have Bluetooth I can get Navi from a smart phone and use that. Stereo is another area they try to get you, but I am thinking as quiet as the car is I may not need the super JBL system just go with standard and replace when speakers get crappy. All in all I think the Avalon will be the car just gotta figure which tech crap is worht the money.

I'm considering trading my '09 Altima (a 4 banger) next year now...love the gas mileage on my 52 mile RT commute, but I still put nearly the same amount of money in the tank (actually $8-$10 less per week) if I drove the wife's 6 cyl G37. So, I think I will be looking for something more sporty, fun to drive.

On the features...I really do think NAV is way too expensive in new cars. I'm not going to buy new, but I'm noticing the feature pkg doesn't hold the same premuim over a car that doesn't have it when you're buying used....ie. that feature pkg depreciates a little quicker.

It's not a feature I would use a lot but when you do need or want it, I don't want to pull out my phone or have another device to hookup buying a another car. I would bit the bullet and go for the NAV.