• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Been Car Shopping What A Nightmare

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Started off with 5 makes the Buick LaCrosse, Toyota Avalon, Mazda 6, Honda Accord and VW Passat. Narrowed it down to a Honda Accord, I think. Living in Florida not sure I want leather seats, only way to get the V6 Engine is with leather, once you step up to leather you start getting tech packages which I fear will be obsolete soon or problamatic soon. Now the four cylinder EX seems well equipped or well enough equipped for me and has cloth seats, just not sure about the 4 banger on the highway. When I test drove the car it seemed pretty well powered for a four banger it was somewhat throaty in hard acceleration like highway merging but I suspect that is true with most four bangers. The 2013 Accord has great reviews all around very few of the so called experts had issues with it, in fact the biggest complaint seemed to be the center stack that holds all the tech stuff. In a nutshell it seems to coming down to the EX with cloth which means no NAVI or move up to leather. If I move to leather I am really thinking screw it I am going full boat to the touring model. In a nutshell. car shopping sucks.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Started off with 5 makes the Buick LaCrosse, Toyota Avalon, Mazda 6, Honda Accord and VW Passat. Narrowed it down to a Honda Accord, I think. Living in Florida not sure I want leather seats, only way to get the V6 Engine is with leather, once you step up to leather you start getting tech packages which I fear will be obsolete soon or problamatic soon. Now the four cylinder EX seems well equipped or well enough equipped for me and has cloth seats, just not sure about the 4 banger on the highway. When I test drove the car it seemed pretty well powered for a four banger it was somewhat throaty in hard acceleration like highway merging but I suspect that is true with most four bangers. The 2013 Accord has great reviews all around very few of the so called experts had issues with it, in fact the biggest complaint seemed to be the center stack that holds all the tech stuff. In a nutshell it seems to coming down to the EX with cloth which means no NAVI or move up to leather. If I move to leather I am really thinking screw it I am going full boat to the touring model. In a nutshell. car shopping sucks.

Get what you want and then you can either sell the leather seats and get cloth and maybe get some money back or just get some seat covers. I'm with you, not a fan of leather.

Figure out exactly what you want, and then email dealers telling them what you want to pay. That's the only way I'll go, can get a much better deal from the volume internet sales guys than the commission showroom guys. Plus, you can get the price you want and THEN take your trade-in up there. Every showroom guy takes forever to get the best price because he keeps saying "you sure you aren't going to do a trade in" so he can pad the price with that trade in value.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get what you want and then you can either sell the leather seats and get cloth and maybe get some money back or just get some seat covers. I'm with you, not a fan of leather.

Figure out exactly what you want, and then email dealers telling them what you want to pay. That's the only way I'll go, can get a much better deal from the volume internet sales guys than the commission showroom guys. Plus, you can get the price you want and THEN take your trade-in up there. Every showroom guy takes forever to get the best price because he keeps saying "you sure you aren't going to do a trade in" so he can pad the price with that trade in value.

Not sure how selling the seats would affect then memory controls and power options. Seats covers IMO are just tacky. But that is the pickle I am in. Oyyyy

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how selling the seats would affect then memory controls and power options. Seats covers IMO are just tacky. But that is the pickle I am in. Oyyyy

We need a first world problems emoticon :)

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be car shopping soon and I'm not looking forward to it. I have my eye on the LaCrosse. My wife wants me to get a Mazda 6, but I don't want something that small. What didn't you like about the LaCrosse ?

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bought a brand new, fully loaded V6 4dr Accord in December of 03. Have had it since.

This is the first year in many years that I have liked the Accords. Drove a bunch of them. I dont think I will ever be able to go to a 4cyl again after having my car. The CVT transmission just feels foreign to me. The V6s are awesome to drive but I dont need HondaLink and I don't want Nav. I like leather but hate all of the other gadgets that get pushed in on you when you go up on trim levels.

Just gimme that engine

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be car shopping soon and I'm not looking forward to it. I have my eye on the LaCrosse. My wife wants me to get a Mazda 6, but I don't want something that small. What didn't you like about the LaCrosse ?

The LaCrosse rode great, and seemed well powered. Some personal reviews were listing A/C issue an ammonia smell coming from the A/C and other issues seemed to be creaking noises from the suspension after 10k Miles. I drove the Mazada seemed to be a ton of road noise in that car.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bought a brand new, fully loaded V6 4dr Accord in December of 03. Have had it since.

This is the first year in many years that I have liked the Accords. Drove a bunch of them. I dont think I will ever be able to go to a 4cyl again after having my car. The CVT transmission just feels foreign to me. The V6s are awesome to drive but I dont need HondaLink and I don't want Nav. I like leather but hate all of the other gadgets that get pushed in on you when you go up on trim levels.

Just gimme that engine

That is a down fall with Honda you do not get options you get trim levels. Seems like for you the EX-L V6 might be the way to got. But that too has a lot of gadgets. I have a 95 Accord LX V6 with 348,759 miles on it, my kid still drives that car.

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol 2 your Honda. For the same price, you can probably get a Lincoln MKZ with a/c blowing through the leather seats on yourn ass.

Soooo much better car for the money.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think I will ever get a different type of car other than a Honda unless I get a sports car as well.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol 2 your Honda. For the same price, you can probably get a Lincoln MKZ with a/c blowing through the leather seats on yourn ass.

Where are you shopping ? I'll take the Lincoln too but I don't think you can touch a similarly equipped MKZ for what you'll pay for an Accord.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No interest in a Ford.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where are you shopping ? I'll take the Lincoln too but I don't think you can touch a similarly equipped MKZ for what you'll pay for an Accord.

You will pay about 8 to 10 K more for the Lincoln which has about the same features as the Accord. Not gonna pay 8k more for A/C vented seats.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to go wrong with a Honda...somewhat pricey these days, but they've earned it. The competition is stronger, but strange that they can't make much headway with the Acura brand.