• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

BCS bowl matchups

CakesW

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look, it means something to some teams, and hardly anything to others... Bowls other than the NC are just exhibitions...

I ran track in collge, but roomed with many Football players... Bowls are just a celebration of the season, and unless you are a mid tier team that doesn't get to go very often, the game means nothing. Sure the kids will go out and play to the best of their abilities... but its nothing like the prepeartion, intensity, and over care that was during the regular season.

Ohio State completley flubbed a chance to play for a National Title... what do you think their motivation is going to be in the Game against Clemson ??? Players like Robey have already delcared for the draft... Miller needs to stay healthy.... There won't be, and shouldn't be much motivation to play hard in this game... it's MEANINGLESS.

Scorpion14

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you are young at that age and the testosterone is flowing you are playing all out to win. You don't think Northern Illinois was playing at a high level last year playing in a BCS game.

CakesW

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You aren't getting it Scorps...

Sure NORTHERN ILLINOIS was playing hard...

because it was Northern Illinois...

Other teams.... could give a crap...

Scorpion14

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You aren't getting it Scorps...

Sure NORTHERN ILLINOIS was playing hard...

because it was Northern Illinois...

Other teams.... could give a crap...

You are basically saying teams are just there for a vacation and the game isn't that important. I don't buy that at all.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can buy the argument that plenty of teams won't prepare with the same maximum level of intensity as they would if the Bowl was more prestigious, but they prep hard nonetheless and the difference on the field is probably pretty negligible.

I also agree there are certain teams in certain bowls where certain players are kind of taking the game off, but generally, I just can't buy there's some sort of epidemic-level lack of interest pervading the Bowls by the players when gametime comes.

CakesW

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They wont take the games off..but I cash guarantee you this....you aren't vetting a team's A game in any of them.

arvi_mu

Cards fan for Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are basically saying teams are just there for a vacation and the game isn't that important. I don't buy that at all.

Being in the game is important to the players. Winning the game means nothing. Let me ask you. Are you excited as a fan of OSU for the game against Clemson? Or are you disappointed they aren't playing FSU? You don't think the players will feel the same way?

CakesW

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Being in the game is important to the players. Winning the game means nothing. Let me ask you. Are you excited as a fan of OSU for the game against Clemson? Or are you disappointed they aren't playing FSU? You don't think the players will feel the same way?

EXACTLY... they were winning the Big 10 Title game, hadn't lost in 2 years.. and had everything laid out on a silver platter for them... and then they lost...

and as a consolation... they get to go play Clemson....

You actually think Alabama is happy to be in the bowl game they are in ????

Hell no they aren't, they could probably care less.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I'm in my fantasy playoffs in the semi-finals and lose, I am definitely not happy to be in the 3rd place game. But I do edit my lineup (with less excitement) and try my best. Bad analogy? :)

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Urban Meyer lost 1 game in 2 years with tressels players. Ohio state has had top recruiting classes with urban. He has brought in big name players. Remember the team he inherited and what the team is now. Their offense is one of the best in the nation. Their run defense is one of the best. Their secondary sucks ass. But they only had 1 returning starter in the front seven. Some very young players on that d-line. Joey Bosa true freshman that will be a future all American. Noah Spence a true sophomore and a beast pass rusher. Adelphus Washington a true sophomore who has had a huge impact when healthy. Also brought in a lot of talent in the secondary last year with Von bell and Eli Apple. And linebackers last year of Mike Mitchell and Trey Johnson. And Urban just landed 5 star and #1 MLB Raekwon McMillan and the 4th ranked WR Johnny Dixon who both chose tOSU over Alabama this week. If you think Urban doesn't have it, than you are clueless.

Scorpion14

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not upset that Ohio State isn't playing Florida State in the National Championship. I watch every Ohio State game and the defense was nowhere near championship caliber. Now in all fairness you can pick games and say that team will be up for the game and that one won't. I think Ohio State and Clemson will both be up for that game because both are highly ranked and it should be a good game. As far as Alabama they will be highly favored against and okay Oklahoma. The Tide probably won't be up for that but the odds are good Oklahoma will. The truth is though I could pick out any sport and find teams that I think may not give their all. The Miami Heat rarely give their all but they are usually much better than their competition and end up winning anyway.

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not upset that Ohio State isn't playing Florida State in the National Championship. I watch every Ohio State game and the defense was nowhere near championship caliber. Now in all fairness you can pick games and say that team will be up for the game and that one won't. I think Ohio State and Clemson will both be up for that game because both are highly ranked and it should be a good game. As far as Alabama they will be highly favored against and okay Oklahoma. The Tide probably won't be up for that but the odds are good Oklahoma will. The truth is though I could pick out any sport and find teams that I think may not give their all. The Miami Heat rarely give their all but they are usually much better than their competition and end up winning anyway.

I would not be surprised if Alabama loses to Oklahoma in the sugar bowl. They could absolutely come out uninspired just the way they did against Utah. They are clearly the better team but emotions of missing out on a championship could be enough to do them in.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

Not going to lie, as a buckeye can I wanted no part of FSU. They would rack up 600 yards threw the air. But the young guys Urban had brought in will start to show on the field next year for the defense. It will get better.

Scorpion14

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not be surprised if Alabama loses to Oklahoma in the sugar bowl. They could absolutely come out uninspired just the way they did against Utah. They are clearly the better team but emotions of missing out on a championship could be enough to do them in.

If they lose to Oklahoma then they are nowhere near as good as the media claimed they were all year.

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they lose to Oklahoma then they are nowhere near as good as the media claimed they were all year.

I disagree. They should have finished in the top two again this season if it weren't for auburn pulling plays out their ass! You can be the better team and still play uninspired enough to lose. Sometimes your head and heart are elsewhere. That is what happened against Utah in the sugar bowl.

BamaCards1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama entire offensive line was banged up against UTAH...........3 starters out and the other two played out of position on the offensive line. Add in the fact that game meant nothing to them and it meant the world to Utah who had some thing to prove gave you the result of that game.

I do worry Bama will come out flat against Oklahoma because they were so close once again to playing in the NC. Bama is clearly the better team and still would be favored over any team in college football right now. But if they were to lose it wouldn't be shocked. This game means nothing to them really.

Scorpion14

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama entire offensive line was banged up against UTAH...........3 starters out and the other two played out of position on the offensive line. Add in the fact that game meant nothing to them and it meant the world to Utah who had some thing to prove gave you the result of that game.

I do worry Bama will come out flat against Oklahoma because they were so close once again to playing in the NC. Bama is clearly the better team and still would be favored over any team in college football right now. But if they were to lose it wouldn't be shocked. This game means nothing to them really.

Even if they are flat they will win. Utah was just a way better team than Alabama thought they were. I will agree that game meant a lot more to Utah than Alabama. I'm not sold on Oklahoma at all. They will be lucky to score

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if they are flat they will win. Utah was just a way better team than Alabama thought they were. I will agree that game meant a lot more to Utah than Alabama. I'm not sold on Oklahoma at all. They will be lucky to score

Oh yeah! If bama even tries, this game gets ugly before halftime. They will attempt to put on a show for the recruits.

Scorpion14

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congratulations to Michigan State in winning the Rose Bowl against a very good Stanford team. My only regret is that the nations top defense isn't in the National Championship game. Instead since the rules say there must always be an SEC team in this game we get Auburn who probably should have three losses. We get Auburn who doesn't have much of a defense. Florida State probably win this game easily but then since they played a weak ACC schedule and breezed though it who knows how good they truly are.

On Friday Go Buckeyes!!!!!

arvi_mu

Cards fan for Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congratulations to Michigan State in winning the Rose Bowl against a very good Stanford team. My only regret is that the nations top defense isn't in the National Championship game. Instead since the rules say there must always be an SEC team in this game we get Auburn who probably should have three losses. We get Auburn who doesn't have much of a defense. Florida State probably win this game easily but then since they played a weak ACC schedule and breezed though it who knows how good they truly are.

On Friday Go Buckeyes!!!!!

FSU is in the title game, so the nations best defense is playing. They give up 10.7 points per game. A whole 2 less points than Michigan State. When are you going to admit that the big 10 wasn't as good of a conference this season as the SEC? Ever? Auburn had the exact same record as Michigan State against a lot tougher schedule. So explain to me how they aren't more deserving. Auburn's SOS was 20 and Michigan States was 56. Yes, there might be an SEC bias (that they have earned by the way), but your big 10 bias is borderline crazy.