• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

BCS bowl matchups

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't part of being a great team NOT playing uninspired in Bowl Games? Isn't being a great team being prepared for every battle and putting forth maximum effort in every game? If Alabama loses, I refuse to just write it off as uninspired and think of it as a "win" in some convaluted way.

If they lose to Oklahoma, they have no business asking anyone to debate whether they should have been in the NC game.

arvi_mu

Cards fan for Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't part of being a great team NOT playing uninspired in Bowl Games? Isn't being a great team being prepared for every battle and putting forth maximum effort in every game? If Alabama loses, I refuse to just write it off as uninspired and think of it as a "win" in some convaluted way.

If they lose to Oklahoma, they have no business asking anyone to debate whether they should have been in the NC game.

You don't think there is any truth to the idea that outcome of bowl games don't matter to the players? Getting to the bowl game is what matters. The bowl game itself is meaningless. Let me give you an example. Alabama won the title game last year. Without looking it up, who won the other BCS games? I will be shocked if anyone can do it. Alabama won 2 years ago in the title game. What about the other BCS games? 3 years ago it was Auburn winning it all.

The BCS title game is the only one that matters. The rest mean nothing. And it isn't like the coaches and players don't know this.

Bowl games are like week 17 NFL games between 2 teams that have already been eliminated from the playoffs. Sure the game will be played and the players will try to perform at a high level. But ultimately how can they really get up for that game?

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it happens...just saying I don't consider a team great that does that. Its an embarrassment. I loved seeing Arizona win and dominate their bowl game. ASU looked pathetic. and Alabama should not be able to whine about being the best if they don't beat Oklahoma.

arvi_mu

Cards fan for Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it happens...just saying I don't consider a team great that does that. Its an embarrassment. I loved seeing Arizona win and dominate their bowl game. ASU looked pathetic. and Alabama should not be able to whine about being the best if they don't beat Oklahoma.

They can't whine about being the best because they lost to Auburn. No one will recognize Alabama as the NC because they aren't in the game. Win or lose against Oklahoma, their fate has already been sealed. It isn't like they are thinking that if they beat Oklahoma they will get moved up to #1 in the BCS. So they are going to be gung ho about the game. They aren't. At this point it is about the players going into the draft having one last game to impress NFL scouts and that is about it.

Scorpion14

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't think there is any truth to the idea that outcome of bowl games don't matter to the players? Getting to the bowl game is what matters. The bowl game itself is meaningless. Let me give you an example. Alabama won the title game last year. Without looking it up, who won the other BCS games? I will be shocked if anyone can do it. Alabama won 2 years ago in the title game. What about the other BCS games? 3 years ago it was Auburn winning it all.

The BCS title game is the only one that matters. The rest mean nothing. And it isn't like the coaches and players don't know this.

Bowl games are like week 17 NFL games between 2 teams that have already been eliminated from the playoffs. Sure the game will be played and the players will try to perform at a high level. But ultimately how can they really get up for that game?

I do remember the other bowls because they clearly do matter. This is the only sport that crowns a champion and in every case its a mythical champion. Auburn is no more deserving than Michigan State, Alabama, Ohio State, or any of the other one loss teams. Honestly I preferred the old system over this one because this one is a joke. Take last year where Alabama probably would have had a tougher opponent than Notre Dame, and most likely whoever played the Irish was going to beat them. Two years ago we get Alabama and LSU. Alabama didn't even win their conference and got to play in the National Championship.

If you are a gambler and you like to bet on games this is the time because even the experts have no idea being the top schools rarely play like opponents.

Scorpion14

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BOOMER SOONER!!!!

Thank god for Florida State or we would have had another phony National Championship between Alabama and Auburn. ESPN was bragging earlier in the year about how Bama could beat some NFL teams.

This is why the Alabama championship two years ago was a farce. Oklahoma State could throw the ball all over the field and instead they gave Alabama a rematch against LSU who had zero passing game. Now its easy to see how once Missouri and Texas A&M left the Big Twelve they suddenly became a power in the no passing game SEC.

If Auburn does beat Florida State then Michigan State should be the National Champion. Auburn is good but not great. The Michigan State defense is really good.

Once again BOOMER SOONER

BamaCards1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BOOMER SOONER!!!!

Thank god for Florida State or we would have had another phony National Championship between Alabama and Auburn. ESPN was bragging earlier in the year about how Bama could beat some NFL teams.

This is why the Alabama championship two years ago was a farce. Oklahoma State could throw the ball all over the field and instead they gave Alabama a rematch against LSU who had zero passing game. Now its easy to see how once Missouri and Texas A&M left the Big Twelve they suddenly became a power in the no passing game SEC.

If Auburn does beat Florida State then Michigan State should be the National Champion. Auburn is good but not great. The Michigan State defense is really good.

Once again BOOMER SOONER

HAHAHA

You're so full of crap it isn't even funny....Bama's Defense 2 years ago was head and shoulders better than this years. Yeah lets go back 2 years and compare teams that arent near the same. Dude get off you're sorry arse and wake the hell up.......No the Big Ten schools all suck end of story. Bama didn't just like i thought miss the NC game and just show up while this was Oklahoma's NC..............:lol:

Scorpion14

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Oklahoma kicked your ass just like Utah did a few years ago. So Oklahoma tried to win and Alabama didn't care. The only other team the Tide played who could throw the ball was the Aggies and they also put up a lot of points on Bama. Getting an LSU team two years ago in the National Championship was a gift considering they had no passing game. Like I said its easier to win the National Championship when your conference is always guaranteed of having one team in it. By the way that was basically a home game for Alabama and it still did them no good. My guess is Yeldon will probably be another bust running back in the NFL just like the last one Cleveland drafted.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama fans need to shut up and concede the argument of who the true NC should be can't include them.

The loss to Auburn, I agree, should have sealed their fate. But their fans could have felt justified due to the wild way it ended by saying Bama was still deserving. NOT ANYMORE. You can't lose two games and you can't get punked by Oklahoma and be taken seriously in "best team in the NCAA" debates.

And if you want to say Bama didn't try in their Bowl game...even assuming that's true...that's more reason they don't deserve to be in the discussion.

CakesW

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Oklahoma kicked your ass just like Utah did a few years ago. So Oklahoma tried to win and Alabama didn't care. The only other team the Tide played who could throw the ball was the Aggies and they also put up a lot of points on Bama. Getting an LSU team two years ago in the National Championship was a gift considering they had no passing game. Like I said its easier to win the National Championship when your conference is always guaranteed of having one team in it. By the way that was basically a home game for Alabama and it still did them no good. My guess is Yeldon will probably be another bust running back in the NFL just like the last one Cleveland drafted.

Eddie Lacy seems to be doing just fine Scorps...

and please, can you please go over the mountain of great Ohio State Running Backs in recent memory ????

The list is comprised of One...

Eddie George

And he RETIRED 10 years ago.....

Unless Hopalong Cassidy is "recent" to you.. (and it just may be)

arvi_mu

Cards fan for Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do remember the other bowls because they clearly do matter. This is the only sport that crowns a champion and in every case its a mythical champion. Auburn is no more deserving than Michigan State, Alabama, Ohio State, or any of the other one loss teams. Honestly I preferred the old system over this one because this one is a joke. Take last year where Alabama probably would have had a tougher opponent than Notre Dame, and most likely whoever played the Irish was going to beat them. Two years ago we get Alabama and LSU. Alabama didn't even win their conference and got to play in the National Championship.

If you are a gambler and you like to bet on games this is the time because even the experts have no idea being the top schools rarely play like opponents.

You remember the bowls? Then why didn't you answer the question? Who won the other BCS bowls last year? Can you even tell me who was in them without looking it up? I seriously doubt it.

BamaCards1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Once again just talking out your arse. Bama had what 4 or 5 turnovers and played sloppy ball all night. The truth is all the success they've had the past years has made them complacent. Alabama's DB were all Freshman and I knew this Defense wasn't elite like years past. Yeldon sucks and fumbles the ball way to much but Henry is a beast. Bama moved the ball and threw the ball all over them. Yes when the world sees you as the best those teams are going to play hard unlike what Bama did. They played sloppy uninspired ball all night. That is not Bama football. Cry all you like it's quite funny.

BamaCards1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama fans need to shut up and concede the argument of who the true NC should be can't include them.

The loss to Auburn, I agree, should have sealed their fate. But their fans could have felt justified due to the wild way it ended by saying Bama was still deserving. NOT ANYMORE. You can't lose two games and you can't get punked by Oklahoma and be taken seriously in "best team in the NCAA" debates.

And if you want to say Bama didn't try in their Bowl game...even assuming that's true...that's more reason they don't deserve to be in the discussion.

Do you have any clue what you're talking about? Nobody is saying Bama should be the NC or even playing in it. They lost to Auburn and that was the end of it. Bama beat themselves with sloppy football and desreved too lose.

So once again if you're going to make a statement at least let it be true. :lol:

BamaCards1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And scorps LSU played the toughest SOS that year and beat the living crap out of them all but Bama that year. To say another team deserved playing in it over LSU is a joke. They wiped Oregon Butt with that so called high flying offense. Nobody deserved being in the NC more so then them that year.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of Bama fans were saying that (although you may not have). I'm not sure if they still are. I sure hope not.

Scorpion14

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sad thing is if we had a four team playoff this year it would be Florida State, Auburn, Alabama, and Missouri. That's how big of a joke the BCS is.

Bama how do you compute a strength of schedule when they pile all these SEC teams ay the top of the polls every year and all they do is play each other. Hell they actually had Florida ranked ninth. Are those voting in these polls even following the sport.

Scorpion14

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Robert Smith

Keith Byars

Carlos Hyde is going to be great NFL running back.

arvi_mu

Cards fan for Life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sad thing is if we had a four team playoff this year it would be Florida State, Auburn, Alabama, and Missouri. That's how big of a joke the BCS is.

Bama how do you compute a strength of schedule when they pile all these SEC teams ay the top of the polls every year and all they do is play each other. Hell they actually had Florida ranked ninth. Are those voting in these polls even following the sport.

That is a joke. Missouri would not even be considered. It would have been FSU, Auburn, Michigan St and Alabama. And that seems reasonable. Baylor would have an argument I think, but I doubt it would have been them. Stanford was good, but I think their 2nd lost would have put them out. Just like Missouri, South Carolina, Oregon and Clemson. Hard to take a 2 loss team with so many good 1 loss teams out there.

Like I have said before, I agree there is an SEC bias. But it isn't as extreme as you think. If a 2 loss SEC team played for the title over a 1 loss team from another power conference or a 1 loss SEC team over an undefeated team, then I would agree. But that doesn't happen. Had Baylor or Ohio St won out, Auburn wouldn't be in the title game. Just like last year when both K State and Oregon lost late in the year. That is what allowed Alabama to get into the title game more than an SEC bias.

Scorpion14

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a joke. Missouri would not even be considered. It would have been FSU, Auburn, Michigan St and Alabama. And that seems reasonable. Baylor would have an argument I think, but I doubt it would have been them. Stanford was good, but I think their 2nd lost would have put them out. Just like Missouri, South Carolina, Oregon and Clemson. Hard to take a 2 loss team with so many good 1 loss teams out there.

Like I have said before, I agree there is an SEC bias. But it isn't as extreme as you think. If a 2 loss SEC team played for the title over a 1 loss team from another power conference or a 1 loss SEC team over an undefeated team, then I would agree. But that doesn't happen. Had Baylor or Ohio St won out, Auburn wouldn't be in the title game. Just like last year when both K State and Oregon lost late in the year. That is what allowed Alabama to get into the title game more than an SEC bias.

Has there been a conference to win this many championships in a row in recent time I think the answer is no. Yes the BCS has allowed this to happen by guaranteeing an SEC team is always in this game. Michigan State started the season ranked seventeen and Auburn started unranked. Both teams lost a game in week four but somehow they moved Auburn right by Michigan State and pretty much everybody else. Most still claim Alabama to be the best in the SEC and they were steamrolled by Oklahoma.

Michigan State lost one game and for the rest of the season never had a close game. Auburn barely beat Washington State, Mississippi State, and Texas A&M. They pulled games out of their butts against Georgia and Alabama. My god if a Big Ten team plays a close game ESPN is all over it but no big deal if its an SEC team like Auburn.

BamaCards1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's because the SEC is considered the best. Auburns SOS is much more impressive than Michigan ST

The ACC who you said was weaker than the Big Ten and an FSU team who you said played nobody just got spanked by Clemson.

It's not bias it's common sense that you would put a team with a tougher body of work over a less impressive one with the same record. Did Michigan St beat the #1 team in the nation? HELL NO

Steamrolled...............LMAO.............Bama playing flat 2 games back to back and add in all the turnovers they had could of won that game still. You are beyond funny. OSU just stunk and that run they had without a loss was a total joke.

Grats to Missouri! Great game

FSU vs Auburn

I'm pulling for Auburn for one reason only. So the trophy can stay in state. I hate that team more than the lonely Buckeye's.