• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bates Motel

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I started binge watching this with my wife a month or so ago. We caught up on the series last week.

It is very well-done. The direction is good. The acting is great, sometimes boardering on brilliant. Norman and Norma are both great in it.

One of the first reactions my wife and I had was "Why is the sheriff wearing eyeliner??" Apparently he isn't and it is a running joke in hollywood regarding this.

Norman's descent into madness is very interesting to watch. The series itself is more drama than I expected but the horror influences are actually there.

Everyone went into this knowing a few things because this is a direct prequel to the Psycho movies. That is why I don't consider any of what is listed below as a spoiler. All of this has been already sat in stone before the series even started.
#1: Norma will die at some point (Well, "some point" seems to be specifically defined).
#2: Even after her death, Norma will live on through Norman.
#3: Norman will not die (unless they totally mess with the Psycho "backstory (or is it "forestory??)).
#4: At some point Norman ends up alone at the hotel. This is either because everyone else is dead or he is abandoned by others. Not sure on how this is going to play out.

Is this the last season? Does everything come to a conclusion soon? Or do they plan to get another season out of this. They can't drag it on forever due to the "legend" of the Psycho storyline.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been watching.
Yeah that sucks about Norma.

I wonder if the Doctor doesn't get some backlash either professionally, legally or criminally (maybe all the above?) now from what Norman did.

Seeing as he was more or less manipulated, connived and talked into releasing Norman from the hospital against his own better professional medical judgement.

Isn't next week's episode the season finale?

It is possible that Norma gets the blame for this, not Norman. She wrote the letter requesting the divorce. She was despondant and also displayed mental instability. The sheriff may not buy it (possible good conflict storyline between Alex and Norman?) and Dylan also may not buy it but all Norman has to do is say that he didn't do it, but Norma did and I am betting many people would believe him.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is possible that Norma gets the blame for this, not Norman. She wrote the letter requesting the divorce. She was despondant and also displayed mental instability. The sheriff may not buy it (possible good conflict storyline between Alex and Norman?) and Dylan also may not buy it but all Norman has to do is say that he didn't do it, but Norma did and I am betting many people would believe him.

All good angles to consider. Anything is possible at this point.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I started binge watching this with my wife a month or so ago. We caught up on the series last week.

It is very well-done. The direction is good. The acting is great, sometimes boardering on brilliant. Norman and Norma are both great in it.

One of the first reactions my wife and I had was "Why is the sheriff wearing eyeliner??" Apparently he isn't and it is a running joke in hollywood regarding this.

Norman's descent into madness is very interesting to watch. The series itself is more drama than I expected but the horror influences are actually there.

Everyone went into this knowing a few things because this is a direct prequel to the Psycho movies. That is why I don't consider any of what is listed below as a spoiler. All of this has been already sat in stone before the series even started.
#1: Norma will die at some point (Well, "some point" seems to be specifically defined).
#3: Norman will not die (unless they totally mess with the Psycho "backstory (or is it "forestory??)).
#4: At some point Norman ends up alone at the hotel. This is either because everyone else is dead or he is abandoned by others. Not sure on how this is going to play out.

Is this the last season? Does everything come to a conclusion soon? Or do they plan to get another season out of this. They can't drag it on forever due to the "legend" of the Psycho storyline.

I agree...it really is a very good series....well done, deep and dark.

All the various character side stories are good too, and it ties everything together nicely.

I do hope they have another season in the works.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah the eyeliner stuff dates back to his LOST days as Richard Alpert when everyone found out it was the actor and not the character lol.

1 more season. The writers pitched the show as a 5 season show and when S4 was renewed so was S5 as an ending. They've decided along the way they didn't need anything more so S5 like originally intended will be the ending.

I love shows that stick to their end game. Should make for a fantastic final 11 episodes. Just wondering how they play off Norma being dead and Norman still being able to live alone.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the eyeliner stuff dates back to his LOST days as Richard Alpert when everyone found out it was the actor and not the character lol.

1 more season. The writers pitched the show as a 5 season show and when S4 was renewed so was S5 as an ending. They've decided along the way they didn't need anything more so S5 like originally intended will be the ending.

I love shows that stick to their end game. Should make for a fantastic final 11 episodes. Just wondering how they play off Norma being dead and Norman still being able to live alone.

Oh, Norma may be dead, but I have a feeling that we will still be seeing a lot of Vera Farmiga in the series.
Norman isn't suddenly becoming sane anytime soon!

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, Norma may be dead, but I have a feeling that we will still be seeing a lot of Vera Farmiga in the series.
Norman isn't suddenly becoming sane anytime soon!

Yeah she probably is dead and I think that's best with the intensity of the episode but idk how Norman gets out of this. Romero obviously suspects him and would tell people. Also, coulda sworn I saw interview with Vera saying she had more interactions with Chick but he hasn't been around.

She's still the main actress either way, she'd just be playing "mother" exclusively.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah she probably is dead and I think that's best with the intensity of the episode but idk how Norman gets out of this. Romero obviously suspects him and would tell people. Also, coulda sworn I saw interview with Vera saying she had more interactions with Chick but he hasn't been around.

She's still the main actress either way, she'd just be playing "mother" exclusively.

There was a Chick sighting in tonight's very good season finale.....and Romero might be going away for a while.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I paused three or so episodes into this season.

Looking forward to Norman as a suspected Psycho, finally.

Somewhat surprised there was a season finale and not a series finally. But glad to hear it.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally watched the finale this weekend, man, Norman has lost it.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Freddie Highmore has turned out to be a pretty damn good actor....

He's actually phenomenal at least in this role. Haven't seen him in much else but his performance is top of the line. Always surprises me.

Vera is amazing too which is key in a show that centers around 2 characters so much and many times just their interactions with each other. If either were bad the show simply wouldn't work.

Final season is gonna be complete mayhem. So I glad I finally gave this show a shot a few months ago, never really interested me on paper. So wrong.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's actually phenomenal at least in this role. Haven't seen him in much else but his performance is top of the line. Always surprises me.

Vera is amazing too which is key in a show that centers around 2 characters so much and many times just their interactions with each other. If either were bad the show simply wouldn't work.

Final season is gonna be complete mayhem. So I glad I finally gave this show a shot a few months ago, never really interested me on paper. So wrong.

Freddie Highmore has turned out to be a pretty damn good actor....

Like hockey said, definitely in this role he has been amazing

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That season four is one of the best television seasons of any show.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
S5 is kicking just as much ass as S4 did

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now that the series is a wrap, did you like the series finale? I thought it was a good ending ended all loose ends, I also surprised they didn't go the movie route.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought that they would go the movie route, or maybe find a way to pin the entire thing on Alex and let Norman walk away scot free. But this conclusion is fitting and does not allow for sequels or other related crap (which is good).

I feel pretty bad for Dylan. His life has been one big f'd up mess to the concluding point. Can't imagine the emotional scars that he would have to carry around.

However, if they were going to do the sequal/offshoot series route, I almost wish that they had kept Chick alive. Making an offshoot series with his character could have been interesting.

Great series. Excellent acting almost all the way around (Norman, Norma, Chick, Dylan were all very good). Good storyline and execution with only a few mishaps along the way (no series will ever be perfect).

Battlelyon

Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was upset when Chick died, he was great character. I like the idea of him having a spinoff.