• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Barkley Heisman Snub

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not invited to NYC that’s a slap in the face. Hope the O-Line and Barkley take it out on Huskies.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not a snub, he really slowed down

heck even today take away his 92 yard run and hes mehhhhh

and that happened alot of games

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So you think Barry Sanders was pretty meh then, right? He got stuffed for more negative plays than anyone in NFL history and managed to make Hall of Fame. I guess if you take away all his big plays, he might be meh, but that's not how it works. Barkley had 137 against one of top D's in nation while playing a fraction of his normal snaps and also caught 7 passes.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So you are saying if your Steelers didn't have Bell and Barkley was available to them you wouldn't select him?

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you are saying if your Steelers didn't have Bell and Barkley was available to them you wouldn't select him?
depends where we were picking, i think theres some better 3 down backs, thats just me, i could be wrong, but i dont like the home run hitter. I like the multi-purpose....................GUice may be better

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
depends where we were picking, i think theres some better 3 down backs, thats just me, i could be wrong, but i dont like the home run hitter. I like the multi-purpose....................GUice may be better

I mean, every draft talent evaluator and many GM's have said he's the best RB to come out ina couple decades, but clearly there are some better 3 down backs than a guy who can already block and is a dedly pass catcher out of the backfield to go with the ability to run with power and break one to the house at any moment You really underestimate how bad the line he ran behind last year was and how average at best it was this year before Bates went down. Hell, I would love to do a sign and trade to get rid of Bell and get into the top 5 to take Barkley. He'll give you the production minus the headaches and isn't always hurt when it counts. Generational talent, he will test off the charts at the combine as well.

While I have a Pitt fan here, just curious how you feel about them giving Narduzzi an extension off a 5-7 season with his progressivley worse recruiting classes every year he's been there?? Big risk, he had zero leverage, found it kind of piculiar timing. My firends who follow them were split. Some thought the same as myself that he had no leverage others thought the image of stability was worth the risk.....even if he trends down and they have to fire him/pay buyout

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, every draft talent evaluator and many GM's have said he's the best RB to come out ina couple decades, but clearly there are some better 3 down backs than a guy who can already block and is a dedly pass catcher out of the backfield to go with the ability to run with power and break one to the house at any moment You really underestimate how bad the line he ran behind last year was and how average at best it was this year before Bates went down. Hell, I would love to do a sign and trade to get rid of Bell and get into the top 5 to take Barkley. He'll give you the production minus the headaches and isn't always hurt when it counts. Generational talent, he will test off the charts at the combine as well.

While I have a Pitt fan here, just curious how you feel about them giving Narduzzi an extension off a 5-7 season with his progressivley worse recruiting classes every year he's been there?? Big risk, he had zero leverage, found it kind of piculiar timing. My firends who follow them were split. Some thought the same as myself that he had no leverage others thought the image of stability was worth the risk.....even if he trends down and they have to fire him/pay buyout

I think narduzzi still has the right direction, but his recruiting has been bad, im hoping hes getting "his " guys......but TBH its pitt, who th ehell else are we gonna get

i know they say hes a once in a decade talent, i guess im struggling to see it, i wanna see it, i like the kid hes local