• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Baltimore at Texas, the Second Half & ESPN RIP

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am. Just hope sometime in the future, that get the post to automaticly update.

I asked about it, and it isn't an option right now.

A little history, about two months ago the owner was going to upgrade the site to a newer version of vbulletin that would give us a lot more options. At the same time we moved servers, and then right around that time CBS shut down and we were hit with a huge wave of new members. THe server migration finally got worked out (although issues persisted right up until this week), but the update to a newer version was put on hold until things got settled. Now with ESPN sending a ton of people over, it wouldn't be a good idea to be changing things up and creating problems while new people are trying to get situated and find a new home.

So hopefully there will be an upgrade here eventually. That will give us many more options (like a mobile app) that we don't have today. Autorefresh might be one of those.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, I love the first post you see if you visit the Rangers forum on ESPN! :pound:

adios $@%! nuggets, this forum sucks, later losers

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I asked about it, and it isn't an option right now.

A little history, about two months ago the owner was going to upgrade the site to a newer version of vbulletin that would give us a lot more options. At the same time we moved servers, and then right around that time CBS shut down and we were hit with a huge wave of new members. THe server migration finally got worked out (although issues persisted right up until this week), but the update to a newer version was put on hold until things got settled. Now with ESPN sending a ton of people over, it wouldn't be a good idea to be changing things up and creating problems while new people are trying to get situated and find a new home.

So hopefully there will be an upgrade here eventually. That will give us many more options (like a mobile app) that we don't have today. Autorefresh might be one of those.
GLAD TO BE HERE. Moved from espn at the suggestion of Romeo. Took a little time to get used to but all is fine now. Lot of things to like better. No trolls, monitored behavior and good baseball people. Thanks for your update and comments.

Jbear

Ranger Days Ranger Nights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet the writers over at ESPN are sick about this Facebook dust up. They will probably use unique page views from now on to evaluate the "value" of their articles but I can remember looking at the same article multiple times just to see the troll trash comments and read the many well informed/reasoned baseball views expressed by many readers. Those multiple views of good articles by me and no doubt many others generated value for ESPN and their writers that will not be easily replaced.

I love it here. The refresh issue is minor to me as I just do it manually. It would be my number one wish for an upgrade but not having to look at troll droppings during games is a fresh breath of air. Many fans of other teams are great but the trolls are dreadful when they go overboard like Rally and that asshole from last season Wild Bill who would wipe out a game board with non-stop spam.

I am very thankful for this option and hope it becomes even more popular for Rangers fans.

Go Rangers! Make some great trades and lets put a major move on the rest of the AL.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet the writers over at ESPN are sick about this Facebook dust up. They will probably use unique page views from now on to evaluate the "value" of their articles but I can remember looking at the same article multiple times just to see the troll trash comments and read the many well informed/reasoned baseball views expressed by many readers. Those multiple views of good articles by me and no doubt many others generated value for ESPN and their writers that will not be easily replaced.

I love it here. The refresh issue is minor to me as I just do it manually. It would be my number one wish for an upgrade but not having to look at troll droppings during games is a fresh breath of air. Many fans of other teams are great but the trolls are dreadful when they go overboard like Rally and that asshole from last season Wild Bill who would wipe out a game board with non-stop spam.

I am very thankful for this option and hope it becomes even more popular for Rangers fans.

Go Rangers! Make some great trades and lets put a major move on the rest of the AL.
well stated and totally agree.:agree:

pegasusredleg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looked at the current ESPN article and they have 7 total comments on FB. Yes indeed RIP!

pegasusredleg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I asked about it, and it isn't an option right now. ...So hopefully there will be an upgrade here eventually. That will give us many more options (like a mobile app) that we don't have today. Autorefresh might be one of those.

New to this site. Is there a function where you can check "pings" to your user name? On other sites you can log on and then "check pings" to easily sift through multiple posts to find the ones addressed to your user name.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's up, DT?
Hey Darryl, good to see Pegasusredleg coming over. Good baseball man. Be glad to see the O's come in tomorrow. Getting bored without bb.

pegasusredleg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is the Baltimore series looking like rotation wise: Holland, Darvish and then Ogando?

I think the rotation for this weekend is Holland, Perez and Wolf. Darvish to lead off the Yankees series next week and Ogando the next day perhaps.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looked at the current ESPN article and they have 7 total comments on FB. Yes indeed RIP!
Welcome to this blog, Pegasus! You'll see many of the ESPN folk here.

pegasusredleg

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Darryl, good to see Pegasusredleg coming over. Good baseball man. Be glad to see the O's come in tomorrow. Getting bored without bb.

I am "trolling" the search engines for any Rangers trade rumors. I see a lot of articles "suggesting" what the Rangers should be going after. Even though the Chisox are saying Sale is not for "sale", it is not stopping the pundits from speculating on what the Rangers would give up to get him. LOL.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am "trolling" the search engines for any Rangers trade rumors. I see a lot of articles "suggesting" what the Rangers should be going after. Even though the Chisox are saying Sale is not for "sale", it is not stopping the pundits from speculating on what the Rangers would give up to get him. LOL.

If there's one thing we know about the front office it's that they'll be tight lipped until any deal is pretty much done. Supposedly terps knows a rangers scout who says there's a very good chance we get garza, and probably soon. We discussed Sale pretty thoroughly yesterday. I for one don't see JD taking on his risky arm for what it would cost to get him.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been seeing some of the same. Don't know what to think yet. Some are saying Sale will blow out his elbow the way he delivers the ball therefore don't want to give up much but he won't come cheap. Ryan Duren threw pretty hard and survived not to mention he was half blind. lol

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a thread dedicated to it here.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the rotation for this weekend is Holland, Perez and Wolf. Darvish to lead off the Yankees series next week and Ogando the next day perhaps.
Sounds great to have Ogando back. Feeling much better about the rotation with the addition of Perez. And who knows, Wolf may do just fine. Anyway may be the best we have to go with depending on the injured guys.

Specs.Toporcer

RangerSince72
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we will see a lot of rumor mill this week but I doubt we see any substantial movement until next week.