• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Baltimore at Texas, the Second Half & ESPN RIP

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was quick and tidy. RIP ESPN. Talk about outside looking in. I see no way to leave a comment. What's this all about Facebook. This IS some kind of conspiracy. Sad. A little early for a new post but what the hey.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was quick and tidy. RIP ESPN. Talk about outside looking in. I see no way to leave a comment. What's this all about Facebook. This IS some kind of conspiracy. Sad. A little early for a new post but what the hey.
Never to early to talk baseball. Thanks for the thread. This is a good board just different. Do wish we could have gotten more guys and gals to come over but some needed not bother who wanted to disturb and troll. Any way here we are and looking for a good second half.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never to early to talk baseball. Thanks for the thread. This is a good board just different. Do wish we could have gotten more guys and gals to come over but some needed not bother who wanted to disturb and troll. Any way here we are and looking for a good second half.
Appreciate the reply, DT. Thought I was going to be alone on this thread. Board is definitely different, but I felt kidney punched by ESPN. It's like a we just don't want you anymore thing. And I was tired of the trade talk on the last thread. Even if we just get Baker and Gentry back, the second half should be better.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Appreciate the reply, DT. Thought I was going to be alone on this thread. Board is definitely different, but I felt kidney punched by ESPN. It's like a we just don't want you anymore thing. And I was tired of the trade talk on the last thread. Even if we just get Baker and Gentry back, the second half should be better.

Two things.

1. Problem with just getting baker and gentry back is Murphy is still going to get run out there way too often.

2. We still need a pitcher.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two things.

1. Problem with just getting baker and gentry back is Murphy is still going to get run out there way too often.

2. We still need a pitcher.
Oh, I know, Romeo. Baker and Gentry are the only two things we know for certain. For some reason I'm feeling a little less optimistic on Garza. Guess it's because we've been the front runners for a while now and still nothing, and not sure how accretive JD has been. Hate to rely on the health of Lewis and whomever for the second half. Pretty much our fall back plan.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, I know, Romeo. Baker and Gentry are the only two things we know for certain. For some reason I'm feeling a little less optimistic on Garza. Guess it's because we've been the front runners for a while now and still nothing, and not sure how accretive JD has been. Hate to rely on the health of Lewis and whomever for the second half. Pretty much our fall back plan.

Eh, things are just starting to move on the trade market. Most deals don't get done until right at the deadline. The fact that the cubs are saying there's a decent chance garza gets dealt before his next start is a little unusual. It will be interesting to see.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh, things are just starting to move on the trade market. Most deals don't get done until right at the deadline. The fact that the cubs are saying there's a decent chance garza gets dealt before his next start is a little unusual. It will be interesting to see.
Does sound a little suspect. Hopefully we are in the hunt. Perez is as much a factor as any of our pitchers. If he develops the way we think than our options widen. For example, if we do not get Garza, that leaves an opening for Wolf or maybe Tepesch till help from the injured comes if it indeed does. Darvish, Holland, Ogando, Perez, and Wolf/Tepesch is a force that can carry us. If Garza becomes reality than we can certainly contend. Not being an expert it appears a good bat will be the first priority now.

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to see them keep wolf in the rotation for now.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to see them keep wolf in the rotation for now.

Hopefully they do. The league has figured Tepesch out and he needs time to make an adjustment. Grimm just isn't good enough right now.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is the Baltimore series looking like rotation wise: Holland, Darvish and then Ogando?

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is the Baltimore series looking like rotation wise: Holland, Darvish and then Ogando?

according the Rangers:

The Rangers now await the cavalry off the DL. Yu Darvish is expected to be activated on Monday to pitch against the Yankees. Alexi Ogando, who has been on the DL twice, should be activated at some point next week and Nick Tepesch should be an option again by the end of the month if there is still a spot for him in the rotation.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
according the Rangers:

The Rangers now await the cavalry off the DL. Yu Darvish is expected to be activated on Monday to pitch against the Yankees. Alexi Ogando, who has been on the DL twice, should be activated at some point next week and Nick Tepesch should be an option again by the end of the month if there is still a spot for him in the rotation.
Leaving Holland, Perez and Wolf? for the Balt. series, I guess

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:laugh3:
Noticed you are UNT grad. Me too.
Back when it was known as North Texas State University, though I didn't follow the sports team. Then or now.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@espn_durrett: #Rangers Colby Lewis line: 2.2 IP, 4H, 4ER, 1BB, 1K, 45 pitches (27 strikes).

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any word on velocity?
From another tweet, Romeo:
@espn_durrett: #Rangers Colby Lewis gets quick 2nd inning. Has thrown 26 pitches. Touched 89 mph.

And

@espn_durrett: #Rangers Colby Lewis out after 45 pitches. Gave up 2-run HR on 81 mph change. Lifted with 2 outs in 3rd.

Last edited by a moderator:

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From another tweet, Romeo:
@espn_durrett: #Rangers Colby Lewis gets quick 2nd inning. Has thrown 26 pitches. Touched 89 mph.

That's about it.

89 is a lot closer to his norm than 85 was. If he can keep his velocity up there and feel good then I feel good. I don't get too wrapped up in rehab results.