• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

AZ @ Utah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
much better reply. I accept that.

* Wisconsin football, *AZ basketball.

Nah, I wouldn't go that far. The Wisconsin game deserves an asterisk, because they had a chipshot FG from the 15 yard line that would have given them the win... but the officials denied them that chance. The kicker still has to make it, and sure, he could have missed, but more likely the officials gifted the devils a W.

The basketball game doesn't deserve an asterisk. Even if they call the Tech on Jahii the Cats still have to either make one FT and then get the offensive putback on the second... or make both and hit a miracle shot. Neither of which is very likely with less than a second to go.

asu earned the win, because they made big plays down the stretch and the UofA could not hold the lead late in the game. No controversy as far as the finish goes IMO... but it would have been interesting to see the end had they called the Tech, especially if somehow the Cats pulled off the win. The refs? They would have been battered in the parking lot and never would have made it out of Tempe alive. They probably swallowed their whistled because they feared for their safety. Referee Handbook rule #1: Never call a Tech with less than a second to go to prevent a signature win over a rival on the team's homecourt, that's just asking for trouble.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I'd like to see tonight:

1) at least 80% from the free throw line
2) no more than 10 turn overs total with 2 max from TJ
3) 20+ points from our bench
4) a convincing win

FORKWDEVIL

shut up and make me a sandwich
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, I wouldn't go that far. The Wisconsin game deserves an asterisk, because they had a chipshot FG from the 15 yard line that would have given them the win... but the officials denied them that chance. The kicker still has to make it, and sure, he could have missed, but more likely the officials gifted the devils a W.

The basketball game doesn't deserve an asterisk. Even if they call the Tech on Jahii the Cats still have to either make one FT and then get the offensive putback on the second... or make both and hit a miracle shot. Neither of which is very likely with less than a second to go.

asu earned the win, because they made big plays down the stretch and the UofA could not hold the lead late in the game. No controversy as far as the finish goes IMO... but it would have been interesting to see the end had they called the Tech, especially if somehow the Cats pulled off the win. The refs? They would have been battered in the parking lot and never would have made it out of Tempe alive. They probably swallowed their whistled because they feared for their safety. Referee Handbook rule #1: Never call a Tech with less than a second to go to prevent a signature win over a rival on the team's homecourt, that's just asking for trouble.

valid points Gumby! I just put the * by hoops because there has been so much discussion.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fox Sports 1

Hopefully we get the legendary Gus Johnson.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1988 regional final vs UNC is on Pac 12 network right now if anyone is interested. Steve Kerr, Sean Elliot, Kenny Lofton, etc.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
25-0 Syracuse is tied 50-50 with less than a minute to go.... at home... vs 6-19 Boston College.

23-2 Florida is behind 62-60 with five minutes to go.... at home... to 12-11 Auburn

Interesting.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Syracuse/BC game going into overtime. Auburn still ahead of Florida with 3 minutes left.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cuse down 3.... 20 seconds to go

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BC wins. Syracuse was bound to lose at some point... but losing to a Boston College team with 6 wins and 19 losses... at home in the Carrier Dome? Wow. Didn't see that coming.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad I got out of crossfit in time to watch this upset. All good runs must come to an end. Now time to best the Utes. Bear down baby

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So is this Bachynski related to the other one?