• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: AZ @ UCLA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im banned from all general forums. UCLA will keep it close but will not be able to make a push at the end which will lead to a small UA run to beat UCLA soundly.

Nice prediction. Pretty close to what happened...

Although... to be fair, Arizona was up by 13 with 5 minutes left and got really sloppy on offense, turned the ball over on 4/5 possessions and let UCLA go on a 13-0 run to tie the game. It could have just as easily been a 15-20 point win, but the Cats missed way too many front ends of 1-and-1s and their 17 turnovers (mostly unforced) were a huge reason why the Bruins stayed in the game.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked posting on the College Basketball forum for the actual game day thread. Had more of an ESPN board feel with other fans chiming in.

I think we should continue to have game threads in here to discuss everything leading up to the game and then go over there during the games. What does everyone think?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked posting on the College Basketball forum for the actual game day thread. Had more of an ESPN board feel with other fans chiming in.

I think we should continue to have game threads in here to discuss everything leading up to the game and then go over there during the games. What does everyone think?

It is always more fun to get fans of other teams involved, no doubt.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, I just wonder if they'll show up for games that we aren't on ESPN and they get to watch it. I think that the high profile games, and games against ranked team should definitely be opened up. I just don't see other fans having very many posts at all against teams like USC, especially if the game is only on the P12N, at when they begin later.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, I just wonder if they'll show up for games that we aren't on ESPN and they get to watch it. I think that the high profile games, and games against ranked team should definitely be opened up. I just don't see other fans having very many posts at all against teams like USC, especially if the game is only on the P12N, at when they begin later.

For sure. No one gives a shit about the bottom feeders in the Pac12, but when we play Oregon, Colorado and maybe ASSU (since they have a few fans on here) we should get game threads up on the College B-Ball forum.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't seen any Stanford fans on here. And only one or two Cal fans are around, so forget those games.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

true, i won't even be able to post during games on p12 network since I have to stream them on my comp, being in DC and all...

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cal is up by 7 on Oregon with 6 minutes left...

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Final:

Cal: 96 Oregon: 83

Gotta be honest, I didn't see this coming. Oregon is now 1-2 in conference and were very lucky to get out of Salt Lake with a win... could just as easily be 0-3.

IMO, like I said at the beginning of the year, Colorado and maybe even UCLA are better than Oregon, but I am surprised the Ducks have struggled as badly as they have so far in conference play. I do like to see them lose, but honestly it would be better for the conference if they picked themselves back up and stayed ranked.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Final:

Cal: 96 Oregon: 83

Gotta be honest, I didn't see this coming. Oregon is now 1-2 in conference and were very lucky to get out of Salt Lake with a win... could just as easily be 0-3.

IMO, like I said at the beginning of the year, Colorado and maybe even UCLA are better than Oregon, but I am surprised the Ducks have struggled as badly as they have so far in conference play. I do like to see them lose, but honestly it would be better for the conference if they picked themselves back up and stayed ranked.

This ^

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaron Gordon needs to shoot like 1000 free throws per day. He's such a great player, and is going to get fouled a lot, but he has to make teams pay. We don't need a "hack-a-shaq" strategy to be successful against him in tight games.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My take on yesterday's game:

1) IMO this was Kaleb's and Gabe's best games as wildcats. Kaleb played with confidence, played like a 7 footer, and is doing a much better job of staying out of foul trouble as of lately. I loved to see how confident Gabe was shooting the three. Without a doubt, the most ease I've seen him shoot the ball; much with the same ease you would shoot during practice.

2) way too many turn overs. UCLA had 12 steals against us for a total of 17 turn overs? We can't expect to make it far in the tourney playing like this. If we take care of the ball yesterday, we win easy instead of barely.

3) our defense won the game for us. Held a great offensive team to 40%; well below their 51% avg for the year

4) Gordon needs to get better at free throws.

5) finally, this season has the makings of a special season. The big test now is to stay focused against USC. If we get by them on Sunday, our next 3 games are at home against ASU, CU, and Utah. Loving this team right now.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aaron Gordon needs to shoot like 1000 free throws per day. He's such a great player, and is going to get fouled a lot, but he has to make teams pay. We don't need a "hack-a-shaq" strategy to be successful against him in tight games.

He shoots a ton of them in practice and actually makes a good percentage. He just clams up during games.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He shoots a ton of them in practice and actually makes a good percentage. He just clams up during games.

but hit two big ones last night at the end of the game when we were only up 1, similar to what he did against...was it duke?