• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: AZ @ UCLA

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean at least when Miller puts in York he gives him the green light Herb would just pull Felix in a minute when he was a freshmen. Pisses me off.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is irrelevant to this thread but thought it was funny. I like to read other forums on the web and stopped by the New Mexico Lobos forum and they are more delusional than SDSU fans. They said its embarrassing for SDSU to claim the loss to Arizona as a moral victory since they only lost by 9 and said if Arizona came to "The Pit" they would expect nothing less than a UNM victory. All I did was type in "Arizona" into their search and they have an endless amount of threads dedicated to bashing Arizona.. LOL!!! They act as if New Mexico is some sort of blue blood program and its hilarious . At least SDSU fans somewhat realize where their program stands on a national level but these UNM fans think they are on par with UNC or something..

anyways. rant over.

BEAR DOWN

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uofa already won a game @ Michigan they have proven they can win on the road at one of the most hostile venues.

That SDSU fan is delusional the PAC loves to beat up on SDSU.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uofa already won a game @ Michigan they have proven they can win on the road at one of the most hostile venues.

That SDSU fan is delusional the PAC loves to beat up on SDSU.

I was talking about delusional New Mexico fans but SDSU fans are delusional too.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was talking about delusional New Mexico fans but SDSU fans are delusional too.

Uofa is the best team in the nation stupid fans will troll. Morale victories don't show up in the win column. Uofa has proven themselves so far I'm really interested to see how you guys play in Pauly please wear them down for us a injury or two? :lol: I feel this week Jahii will start his scoring tear like last year.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonzaga fans also I knew they would be an early exit team like they always are I question if they even deserve to be there at the big dance.

Anyone going to the Asu vs Uofa game in Tempe I'm going to get tickets all be in gold and being loud as I can. Please don't start the "this is our house chants" that goes for CTP and Gumby lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is irrelevant to this thread but thought it was funny. I like to read other forums on the web and stopped by the New Mexico Lobos forum and they are more delusional than SDSU fans. They said its embarrassing for SDSU to claim the loss to Arizona as a moral victory since they only lost by 9 and said if Arizona came to "The Pit" they would expect nothing less than a UNM victory. All I did was type in "Arizona" into their search and they have an endless amount of threads dedicated to bashing Arizona.. LOL!!! They act as if New Mexico is some sort of blue blood program and its hilarious . At least SDSU fans somewhat realize where their program stands on a national level but these UNM fans think they are on par with UNC or something..

anyways. rant over.

BEAR DOWN

There is a very simple reason behind all of that: Many UNM fans still consider the UofA it's cheif rival in basketball. I mean, in football it is a "named" rivalry game to this day, they play for the Kitt Carson Rifle and have played 66 times from the 30s to present day.

The two teams played in the same conference for many years, and even after that they had almost yearly games in basketball... but when New Mexico beat the UofA in the Pitt Lute was very displeased with the home-court-clock-operator, who was clearly cheating... and he canceled the series.

UNM fans still feel like they are on the same level as Arizona, and they think Arizona "ducks" them. They believe that it is them who should be getting national attention and not the Cats... so... yeah, they are quite delusional.

All it would take is a few nice runs in March, but they can't get past teams like Harvard. Their fans talk a lot (I mean a LOT), but their team can't back it up. Still no Sweet 16s since the 1970s

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonzaga is the college basketball version of the college football team who plays in a weak conference and barely beats every 1 then they do everything they had to do to make it to a BCS bowl game and they get blown out. Gonzaga just can't advance when they finally play with the big boys remember when Adam Morrison cried lol but yea I hate programs that think there on the same level with more historic and potentially elite programs it's just embarrassing to there fan base.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jahii... yeah their fans were a bit loud last year, but don't go too far. This is not me talking junk, this is just me stating the facts:

Gonzaga has been to 5 Sweet Sixteens in the last 15 years.. and have made 15 consecutive trips to the NCAA tournament.

In that time asu has made 1 Sweet Sixteen and has been to the NCAA tournament 2 times.

Just sayin... they have been very consistent over the last decade and a half. They are not one of the top-20 programs in America, but they are top-40.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jahii... yeah their fans were a bit loud last year, but don't go too far. This is not me talking junk, this is just me stating the facts:

Gonzaga has been to 5 Sweet Sixteens in the last 15 years.. and have made 15 consecutive trips to the NCAA tournament.

In that time asu has made 1 Sweet Sixteen and has been to the NCAA tournament 2 times.

Just sayin... they have been very consistent over the last decade and a half. They are not one of the top-20 programs in America, but they are top-40.

Gonzaga is better than us but not on par with any blue blood programs. There a second tier Gonzaga needs a national championship and more consistent tourney appearances.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who you guys got in OSU vs MSU and ISU vs Baylor. Isu made some strides last year and now they have cracked the top 10 congrats to them.......

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

anyways. rant over.

BEAR DOWN

We seriously just need to schedule a home and home series with these fools and give them a beat down. Maybe then their fans will shut up.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The best will always have haters. Anger drives the hatred because the best is still better.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We seriously just need to schedule a home and home series with these fools and give them a beat down. Maybe then their fans will shut up.

:agree: They had their chance to face us in the dance last season had they not lost to an Ivy League school in the first round. :laugh3:

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gumby: Fair enough, good points. I won't profess to be an expert in ASU basketball to that level. Herb does seem to be doing okay this year, but makes sense this would be his last hurrah if he doesn't make the Big Dance.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gumby: Fair enough, good points. I won't profess to be an expert in ASU basketball to that level. Herb does seem to be doing okay this year, but makes sense this would be his last hurrah if he doesn't make the Big Dance.

Yeah, I don't profess to be an expert on asu basketball either... in fact I pride myself on knowing as little about them as possible, but unfortunately for me, I grew up in Tucson and I have friends who went to Tempe. I also spend a lot (too much) time on various national message boards and because I am about as basketball-crazy as it gets, information just tends to stick when it gets into my head. I'm just relaying what I've heard and read from asu fans. They liked Herb when he had Harden and were winning, they don't like Herb since he left and they've been bad/mediocre.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I think it just depends what Herb does this year. They signed him to an extension in 2011, so that's certainly going to be a factor in how long they keep him. But I would argue that he definitely deserves to go. He's 119-108 (.524) as the head coach, and even worse, he's 53-73 (.421) vs the Pac. That's fucking terrible. He's got one win in March, from one tourney, in his 7 years at the helm. I would be surprised if they made the tourney this year, and so you can make it 8 years. Herb will never even sniff a .450 winning % in the Pac, and I doubt he ever makes it to a .550 winning %, overall. And after this year, he loses his three best players (Carson, Bach, and Marshall), with no one coming in that will even get close. They will be middle of the Pac this year, and tank next year. He keeps getting their hopes up by scheduling garbage in the non-con, so when they have a good record going into the Pac, the fans think there's hope. Then they get stomped, and any air in McKale North goes right out.

His contract goes through 2016. So the only thing keeping him around, and ASU from even hoping to start to rebuild, is the inability of ASU to buy him out.

Last edited by a moderator: