• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: AZ @ SDSU

WildcatR.J.MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heads up, We should feel pretty rock solid on Johnson committing tomorrow. Winslow not so much and its not Duke anymore we should worry about.... a sleeper has entered the fray an may steal him

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jahii, here's the thing (and I wrote this on PGU), I don't think this team necessarily needs to depend on a shooter specifically, late in the game. I think that the beauty of this team is that we have so many weapons. If a team is small, we can push it inside for the last play. If a team doesn't help on a drive to the basket, NJ can do it. If they pull to much and leave the perimeter open, GY can knock down the three. It's all up to Miller to devise the plan based on that team's weakness, and it's up to TJ to put the ball in the player's hands with the high % shot. It's actually awesome, because unlike last year, and many teams every year, an opposing coach has really no idea who is going to get the ball. There is much less of an opportunity to defend against a play when you don't know who is going to get the ball. We don't need a shooter, we just need to score. I think with the weapons, and TJ's ability to read the floor and make good decisions, we will be able to score when we need to.

Either way, you live by your shooter and you die by your shooter. People like to point to Lyons against Florida, say we don't have that this year, and view it as a weakness. But he cost us a great deal last year when he just took it upon himself to shoot without even setting up the offense, or when other players had a better shot. Those go unnoticed, but that really hurt us last year, as much as he helped (if not more). We are going to have to live and die this year on our ability to find the best opportunity to score when we need it.

WildcatR.J.MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jahii, here's the thing (and I wrote this on PGU), I don't think this team necessarily needs to depend on a shooter specifically, late in the game. I think that the beauty of this team is that we have so many weapons. If a team is small, we can push it inside for the last play. If a team doesn't help on a drive to the basket, NJ can do it. If they pull to much and leave the perimeter open, GY can knock down the three. It's all up to Miller to devise the plan based on that team's weakness, and it's up to TJ to put the ball in the player's hands with the high % shot. It's actually awesome, because unlike last year, and many teams every year, an opposing coach has really no idea who is going to get the ball. There is much less of an opportunity to defend against a play when you don't know who is going to get the ball. We don't need a shooter, we just need to score. I think with the weapons, and TJ's ability to read the floor and make good decisions, we will be able to score when we need to.

Either way, you live by your shooter and you die by your shooter. People like to point to Lyons against Florida, say we don't have that this year, and view it as a weakness. But he cost us a great deal last year when he just took it upon himself to shoot without even setting up the offense, or when other players had a better shot. Those go unnoticed, but that really hurt us last year, as much as he helped (if not more). We are going to have to live and die this year on our ability to find the best opportunity to score when we need it.

CTP

This team is built completely different from the 2013 team

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think ii'm going to have to stream this game.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You have lock up defenders on the perimeter with the players you have and the atmostphere at Mckale teams will be coming back to win. Which is where NJ will lock up Wilcox on a game winning jumper #swatted #getthatgarbageouttahere. This isnt the nba you dont really need a go to guy. But Indiana sure as hell wish they had one in the tourney. If NJ has improved his handles and his ability to create his own shot than I will say you have a chance, but you have Aaaron Gordon look hes not blake griffin. Throw the ball down low and get me a basket. Blake travels and then throws a hook shot because hes a terrible post player. Gordon could be a go to guy just get me a bucket. A Karl Malone type player in College if he pans out this year.

Last edited by a moderator:

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CTP

This team is built completely different from the 2013 team

Well yall dont have Lyons chucking up shots while NJ is wide open for a spot up 3 and Hill is open in the corner. Lyons just had to chuck. Its in his blood he had to shoot. Some people are just built that way.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont want to hear it CTP when we lose to Marquette even though I think we will win, but its Marquette! Just dont give me shit after the loss.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Memphis looks really quick and athletic. Damm Michael Dixon Jr FG 4-5 3PT 1-1 FT 2-2 3 steals 11 points total right now. He gets after it. One of the most underrated guards in college basketball.

Memphis is small as hell though but has a great collection of speed and a solid bench.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we should have a decent number of fans at the game tonight. If we take their crowd out of it we should hear some UofA chants.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we should have a decent number of fans at the game tonight. If we take their crowd out of it we should hear some UofA chants.

You will hear the Uofgay chants throughout the game. I doubt SDSU is loud they probably fill or at least get close to filling up there stadium. I doubt there loud though.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You will hear the Uofgay chants throughout the game. I doubt SDSU is loud they probably fill or at least get close to filling up there stadium. I doubt there loud though.

... and you still wonder why we make fun of you