• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: ASU @ AZ

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AZ looking fort their 2nd 10-win season in school history, and ASU is looking for their 3rd. Not to hype it up, but this has to be one of the most important meetings in T-Cup history (if not the most important). I'm so stoked that the rivalry will have these high implication games for both teams.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Stanford beats UCLA, the stakes are even higher. Can't recall are more important T-Cup in recent memory.

Any word on Anu? I do not feel good about Scroggins, but I can tell you if he leads the Cats to victory he'll always be remembered fondly.

Wildcat Fury

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No word on Solomon, yet. I believe in Scroggins, he has a nice arm and is fast. He caught up to Wilson on his 70 yd TD!!! He was supposed to be a starter at USC and UA... He can step up, especially as a running threat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be correct to say: "The most important Territorial Cup in the Pac era". The last time that the UofA and asu faced off with both schools having 9, or more wins was 1975, three years before they joined the Pac.

Many of us older fans have been waiting for this for a long, long time. In our lifetimes it has either been Arizona trying to play spoiler to a highly ranked asu team, or vice versa... we have been waiting for the day when both schools were highly ranked and the T-Cup, one of the most hateful and bitter rivalries in the country, got it's just due. Hopefully the nation will be paying a little more attention to the game this year... the exposure is great for recruiting and all the UofA needs is a bit more depth on the defensive and offensive lines to be a true national title contender in the near future.

Anu looked like he was putting a lot of weight on that boot in the second half, when he was walking up and down the sideline, so hopefully them resting him was more precautionary than anything. If he can't go, then they will likely up their runs and keep the passing short-to-mid. Scroggins has a strong arm, but his accuracy isn't at the level of Anu's.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's gonna be some scoreboard watching during the game on Friday, since the UCLA v Stanford game kicks off at the exact same time.

It would be awesome if that game gets wrapped up first with Stanford winning.... That way the full weight of the end of the game can be felt.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's gonna be some scoreboard watching during the game on Friday, since the UCLA v Stanford game kicks off at the exact same time.

It would be awesome if that game gets wrapped up first with Stanford winning.... That way the full weight of the end of the game can be felt.

Yeah... it is pretty stupid of Fox to broadcast the T-Cup at the same time as the Bruins vs Cardinal. Regardless of the result of the UCLA/Stanford game, the game in Tucson is going to get good ratings, just because of the rivalry...

... but, if Stanford were to win the early game, and the T-Cup was played in the afternoon/evening, then a large portion of the country would be tuning in, that normally wouldn't, because it could be billed as the battle for the Pac12 South. Winner take all.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm so pumped for this. It feels good to be able to play in a game against the Scum Devils that will be this meaningful in late November. It's been a hell of a season and win or lose from UCLA, I just want to win this game.

If UCLA happens to lose, then that would make it that much sweeter.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm so pumped for this. It feels good to be able to play in a game against the Scum Devils that will be this meaningful in late November. It's been a hell of a season and win or lose from UCLA, I just want to win this game.

If UCLA happens to lose, then that would make it that much sweeter.

I agree, Sting. Although the set up that GS is talking about would be ideal (and Fox screwed the pooch on that), I would rather them happen concurrently. I just want us all to focus on ASU, and let the UCLA/Stanford game handle itself.

Out of the last three games of this season (Utah, ASU, and the bowl game), I really just wanted to win one to get us to 9 wins. I think that this season is already an obvious success. Obviously we want to beat ASU (especially), and win the bowl game, but AZ is getting better every year and I am just so happy with where we're at. I'm stoked that this game means so much. Everything is a bonus to me, at this point.

Hoping for an epic game in Tucson, on Friday.

Bear Down

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FWIW:

Arizona jumped 3 spots in the AP poll that was just released... which means that they are now ahead of the scumies. UofA (#12) vs asu (#13) has such a nice ring to it. Glad that both teams are relevant this year and that this game has even more meaning than usual.

Who wants to bet that asu will be favored by Vegas, even though the game is in Tucson and the Cats are ranked higher?... I mean, it wouldn't surprise me at all, seeing as how they have been underdogs a lot this year.

azchamps

Hoopla Cash
$ 84.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope, the powers that be, make ARIZONA a 21 point underdog. Being over looked all season was fine by me.
Hate being ranked but, at 9-2 and playing a tough schedule....it's hard not to be.

GO CATS! BEAR DOWN!

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Scroggins is playing, I wouldn't be offended if Vegas has ASU as slight favorites. I know Scroggins was at USC and highly touted, but he's still a Senior that lost out on the job to a freshman and he doesn't have many real reps in actual games under his belt. It concerns me a bit if he's getting his feet wet at the T-Cup.

Wildcat Fury

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Scroggins is playing, I wouldn't be offended if Vegas has ASU as slight favorites. I know Scroggins was at USC and highly touted, but he's still a Senior that lost out on the job to a freshman and he doesn't have many real reps in actual games under his belt. It concerns me a bit if he's getting his feet wet at the T-Cup.

Vegas hasn't opened the lines for the game on Friday, probably because they don't want to set a line without knowing if Solomon is in. I think Scroggins can fill in nicely, he is an actual running threat, which will help.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Praying this does not come down to AZ needing to kick a routine field goal...

FORKWDEVIL

shut up and make me a sandwich
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
J. Strong just woke up from his nap! See ya'll in section 204. I will not be posting during the game, obviously, but I will....win or lose, be posting Saturday bright and early.
I actually predicted ASU 35 UOFA 38 but I have a few days to change my mind..
so fuck off

520GGATO

Southern Arizona Servin'
Hoopla Cash
$ 85.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
J. Strong just woke up from his nap! See ya'll in section 204. I will not be posting during the game, obviously, but I will....win or lose, be posting Saturday bright and early.
I actually predicted ASU 35 UOFA 38 but I have a few days to change my mind..
so fuck off
I think those 10 days off may have cleared that cloudy mind of yours. You're starting to see the light.