• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Are we officially on Harvin watch?

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please correct me if im wrong but he is now eligible to return correct?

STBR 27

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please correct me if im wrong but he is now eligible to return correct?

Yes, he is eligible to return, but probably won't for at least a week or two, if not more. I am thinking against St Louis at the earliest, but against the Bucs is probably more likely.

Mr. Tacoma

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like Carroll said, there's no need to rush him back. We're winning now so he's more valuable to us down the stretch. Let's make sure he's 100% and give him a couple weeks practice to knock the rust off.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he'll be back next week. No need to rush him on a short week.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Though Carroll didn't give a time table on when Harvin will return, he did hint that we could see him in couple of weeks. Looking at the schedule, it could be against the Bucs or Falcons.

Help is coming on offense: Carroll emphasized some of the issues the offense is having likely will improve soon with players who will get back on the field, including tight end Zach Miller and receiver Percy Harvin. “We have some guys that are going to juice us up in a couple of weeks,” Carroll said. “Zach will be back next week for sure. Percy is coming around the corner.” Miller missed the past two games with a hamstring injury. Harvin has yet to play a game in a Seahawks uniform after undergoing hip surgery Aug. 1.

Upon Further Review: Seahawks Week 6 - Seattle Seahawks Blog - ESPN

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The original time table was 3-4 months. The Bucs game would put him right past the 12 week/3 month mark so I think thats a reasonable goal. Carroll has been cautious with all injuries this year as questionable usually means out so I think with a couple practice weeks I predict the Bucs game as well.

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pete Carroll: Seahawks’ Percy Harvin is ‘getting really close’

Now that the Seahawks have played through six weeks, wide receiver Percy Harvin is eligible to return from the physically unable to play (PUP) list and get back on the field. But it’s not going to happen this week.

The Hawks have a short turnaround from Sunday’s win over the Titans before facing the Cardinals on Thursday in Glendale, Ariz. The team has to cram a week’s worth of studying the Cards into just a few days, and the players have to work on their off-day before traveling south on Wednesday.

Harvin is working on his recovery from hip surgery Aug. 1 and started working out with his teammates last week. On Monday morning, 710 ESPN Seattle radio hosts Danny O’Neil and Brock Huard asked head coach Pete Carroll about Harvin’s status.

“Well, unfortunately this week of practice is not a very good week to come back to, because we’re so short this week that we basically walk through and get the guys ready for the game in that fashion. So it’s not a great week,” Carroll said.

“He ran really well last week and ran well in pregame,” Carroll continued. “He’s fast and moving at a good clip. I don’t know until we get to our meetings with the trainers — the doctors are here this morning to see if they want to go ahead and let him practice — but he’s getting really close.

“I know he’s wanting to do it. So we’ll see where it is. Very, very encouraged by what he’s doing right now, and everybody should be very hopeful that it’s not too far off now.”

The Seahawks acquired Harvin last offseason in a blockbuster trade with the Vikings, sending Minnesota their first-round and a seventh-round pick in the 2013 NFL Draft and a later selection next year. The dynamic playmaker was a frontrunner for MVP last year before he suffered a season-ending ankle injury in Minnesota’s loss to the Seahawks.

Pete Carroll: Seahawks? Percy Harvin is ?getting really close? - Seattle Seahawks & NFL News

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having him back for the St. Louis game would be great. As optimistic as everybody was for him to come back in week 7, it wasn't really feasible with him just getting off of the PUP list and the team having a short week. Even if we had to wait until week 9 against Tampa to see him in a game, that's still a few weeks ahead of when people thought he'd realistically make it back. They can get him practicing now and give him a couple of weeks to get his timing down with Wilson and the offense, then activate him for the Tampa game. Either way, he'll be back in time for what would have been the toughest stretch of games on the schedule if the Falcons and Giants hadn't gone in the toilet.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Having him back for the St. Louis game would be great. As optimistic as everybody was for him to come back in week 7, it wasn't really feasible with him just getting off of the PUP list and the team having a short week. Even if we had to wait until week 9 against Tampa to see him in a game, that's still a few weeks ahead of when people thought he'd realistically make it back. They can get him practicing now and give him a couple of weeks to get his timing down with Wilson and the offense, then activate him for the Tampa game. Either way, he'll be back in time for what would have been the toughest stretch of games on the schedule if the Falcons and Giants hadn't gone in the toilet.

Here is the thing about those two teams, it may look like a easy win now, but either or both of these teams could turn things around by the time the Seahawks play them. Best not to judge opponents to early because things change quickly in the NFL.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the thing about those two teams, it may look like a easy win now, but either or both of these teams could turn things around by the time the Seahawks play them. Best not to judge opponents to early because things change quickly in the NFL.

Even if you look back at last season when the Seahawks blew the Cards, Bills, and Niners out, the last game of the season vs. the Rams were very tough for us. Just like how we matched up well against the Niners, the Rams know how to hang with us based on the fact that they are a very tough defensive team. I hate to look ahead but the next two games on the roads will be hard for us and I think the Rams will give us a much harder time.

One thing I will say about the Hawks being favored against the Rams is that we'll have some 10 or 11 days to prepare for them after Thursday night, so plenty of time to prepare for the game.

Last edited by a moderator:

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh I'm not chalking anything up. I'm just pointing out that those games looked a lot more daunting in the preseason than they do now. Both games are on the road and both teams could easily have things turned around by then, so it'll be tough either way.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if you look back at last season when the Seahawks blew the Cards, Bills, and Niners out, the last game of the season vs. the Rams were very tough for us. Just like how we matched up well against the Niners, the Rams know how to hang with us based on the fact that they are a very tough defensive team. I hate to look ahead but the next two games on the roads will be hard for us and I think the Rams will give us a much harder time.

One thing I will say about the Hawks being favored against the Rams is that we'll have some 10 or 11 days to prepare for them after Thursday night, so plenty of time to prepare for the game.

The next two games worry me way more than the houston, indy road trip did. You can lose road games against the AFC teams and still be ok, but you HAVE to win your division games and winning them on the road gives you a serious leg up especially at this point in the season when you still get to play both teams at home towards the end of the season.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was a reason that fans on this board were talking about how the NFC West was the best division in the NFL and it wasn't just because Sea and SF. Arizona can bring the defense and a short week on the road can be a real pain. Seattle hasn't clicked this season. Plays like the end of the half cannot happen.

Luckily, Carson Palmer is a slightly better version of Ryan Fitzpatrick. Our D should be able to force their offense into mistakes. It's just whether our O will be able to make them pay.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watch is heating up! Just saw this alert.

Percy Harvin (Hip) Set to Practice Next Wk, According to NFL Network; Will Play 'Sooner Rather Than Later'.

Denzel-Washington-Boom-Gif.gif

Doublejive

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just heard that they want him back for the Rams game.

Also Bevell may be a head coach somewhere next season.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Sark done with his contract??

Edit: Nope, he is under contract at UW through 2015

Norm Chow is HC at Hawaii, not sure of his contract

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Percy Harvin will practice this week but remain on the PUP list for now per multiple sources. Will be activated sometime in the next 3 weeks, will return no later then week 11 vs Minnesota.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Percy Harvin will practice this week but remain on the PUP list for now per multiple sources. Will be activated sometime in the next 3 weeks, will return no later then week 11 vs Minnesota.

It's smart to at least let him get a week's worth of practice in to shake the rust off before throwing him out there to play. Wouldn't surprise me now to see him sit out the Tampa game too. That's still earlier than he was expected back.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya I would be shocked to see him this week. The Hawks have proven to be cautious with their injuries. I think Tampa is the earliest you would see him.