• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Apparently we're getting Justin Upton...

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been reading alot of the same but I'm not getting excited until it's official. We were supposed to be getting Dumpster last season too. Obviously that didn't work out.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, just came here to post that. I hate that we gave up Prado but like you said, Johnson was a great pickup too so maybe losing Prado won't hurt so bad.

Reading the article it says the Braves basically weren't going to keep Prado after this year. He was wanting 10-11 mil a year and this is the last year of his contract. I actually really like trading him now.

Upstater

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I covered Chris Johnson in his first professional season in the minors.

Big fan of his.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reading the article it says the Braves basically weren't going to keep Prado after this year. He was wanting 10-11 mil a year and this is the last year of his contract. I actually really like trading him now.

It definitely takes the sting out of it. Although, I work with another big Braves fan and he says Pado and the Braves were only $400,000 apart in a contract extension FWIW. We should have a fantastic outfield now.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I covered Chris Johnson in his first professional season in the minors.

Big fan of his.

He's a good player and in my limited time of seeing him play, seems like a good guy too.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bummer about Prado but I think he's replaceable and if Upton plays up to his ability, it far exceeds anything Prado can give. Should be a solid fielding and run scoring team this year but I think there needs to be more pitching. I don't follow baseball as much as I use to but just watching casually, I'm not comfortable with anyone besides Medlen. Bravos need more pitching to keep pace with that pitching machine in DC

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bummer about Prado but I think he's replaceable and if Upton plays up to his ability, it far exceeds anything Prado can give. Should be a solid fielding and run scoring team this year but I think there needs to be more pitching. I don't follow baseball as much as I use to but just watching casually, I'm not comfortable with anyone besides Medlen. Bravos need more pitching to keep pace with that pitching machine in DC

If Medlen, Hudson, Maholm and Minor pitch to there potential we'll be in good shape. Medlen and Minor have stud potential. It'll be interesting to see how Teheran looks this season. He's been tearing it up in the Dominican League this winter but really hasn't done much the couple of times he's been called up so who knows what we'll get with him. Not to mention Beachy will be back around the All Star break and could instantly be our ace once he hits the rotation, assuming he picks up where he left off before the injury. I think I'm looking forward to this season more than any in within the last few years.

ugafan6612

Oh I really like boobs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we now have the blackest outfield in the game. Maybe this will get more coverage for us

powerchord86

Tolerator
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,744.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Medlen, Hudson, Maholm and Minor pitch to there potential we'll be in good shape. Medlen and Minor have stud potential. It'll be interesting to see how Teheran looks this season. He's been tearing it up in the Dominican League this winter but really hasn't done much the couple of times he's been called up so who knows what we'll get with him. Not to mention Beachy will be back around the All Star break and could instantly be our ace once he hits the rotation, assuming he picks up where he left off before the injury. I think I'm looking forward to this season more than any in within the last few years.

:nod:

Braves got bats and they got pitching. Could be in for a big year.

I'm hoping the Phils can put up a bit of a battle in the NL East but it's looking like they will be taking a backseat while the Braves and Nationals fight for the penthouse this year.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:nod:

Braves got bats and they got pitching. Could be in for a big year.

I'm hoping the Phils can put up a bit of a battle in the NL East but it's looking like they will be taking a backseat while the Braves and Nationals fight for the penthouse this year.

I'm excited about what we have but you never know how it'll turn out. I feel like a changed of scenery for the Uptons may do them both some good, especially since they'll be playing together. The fact that the lineup is riddled with guys with pop from each side of the plate should help them (Uptons) see better pitches too. Having said that, an injury or two, or bad team chemistry can prevent any team from reaching their potential. Hopefully that won't be the case.
You can never count out the Phillies, they always seem to turn it up a notch toward the end of the season. It wouldn't surprise me to see them make a run at the division before seasons end. It's looking to be an exciting year in the NL East.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That outfield is ridiculous now. Mets are looking into Michael Bourn after this trade. The draft pick compensation seems to be holding it up though, the Mets don't want to get rid of the number 11 pick in the draft.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That outfield is ridiculous now. Mets are looking into Michael Bourn after this trade. The draft pick compensation seems to be holding it up though, the Mets don't want to get rid of the number 11 pick in the draft.

Yeah, I was hoping we would keep Bourn but I like the direction Wren went after all's said and done. Bourn and his agent have just about painted themselves in a corner. He's getting older and when his speed starts diminishing, which it may very well be now after watching him the whole last season, his value will very low. The legs are pretty much always the first thing to go.