• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Anybody Else Hear...

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
or see anywhere that Gagne is the odd man out? I could have sworn I read something by Bob "Raincloud" McKenzie about Gagne being the one the Flyers are shopping, but now I can't find anywhere. Maybe it was on the radio or DNL. I can't remember, but it was just today.

Anybody got anything?

h X c Chris

foul-mouthed
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
or see anywhere that Gagne is the odd man out? I could have sworn I read something by Bob "Raincloud" McKenzie about Gagne being the one the Flyers are shopping, but now I can't find anywhere. Maybe it was on the radio or DNL. I can't remember, but it was just today.

Anybody got anything?

I havent heard that but he has a NTC so I doubt he's going anywhere.

scottflyers88

Lets Go Flyers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i heard it ander. he was on nhl live talking about it. i think he just makes stuff up. the reason being, homer said he does not want to trade carter, brieres contract is not very good, and a ton of our player have no trade clauses. so does gagne though. he probably just like gagne and wants him to go to a canadian team. i think hartnell would go before gagne and realistically hartnell might get around the same amount in return as gagne.

i hope gagne does not get traded.

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, Gagne is the guy pictured at the top of Eklund's latest steaming pile. Like that means anything.

And thanks for answering the original question, but I did not watch NHL Live today. Weird. Maybe my kinetic Flyers sense has finally kicked in.

scottflyers88

Lets Go Flyers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
that is weird then. i think i might have heard it online somewhere. i am bored waiting so i go online and look up rumors until i find something i like. haha.

i do not think anything is happening tonight with trades as eklund says. the fact gagne is on his site makes me feel like he is not going to be traded.

i am getting a feeling about the flyers though. i think they will either re sign leighton, sign thomas, or sign turco. none of which i want although if we get turco cheap and sign a good defenseman it might help.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good chance i'll shed a few tears if gagne gets traded.. been my favorite since his rookie season.. i feel like the flyers fan in me has grown up w/ him at the core

scottflyers88

Lets Go Flyers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i feel the same way. i think giroux is my favorite along with richards although gagne has been on this team the longest and he is just a guy you always root for.

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The post above should say telekinetic, not kinetic.

Carry on with the sob stories of Flyers lore, like how Gagne is the last living, *ahem*, I mean playing member of the 2004 team. What can you say? I'm a 'what have you done for me lately' kind of guy.

scottflyers88

Lets Go Flyers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
would you trade gagne ahead of hartnell though? he only makes about 1 mil more and contributes much more. i think gagne is a good 30 goal guy right now who is very good defensively.

anderwho2513

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I would not trade Gagne at all. Any trade involving Gagne will be for a goalie or package of forward + goalie that will have a comparable cap hit to his, but for a longer duration. His cap space next year is too valuable to give away with Giroux, Carter, and Leino needing raises.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Two minutes to go in the 3rd period. Tampa Bay leading 4-3 all the scoring coming in the first two periods. Primeau, got it away to Timmander. His shot save, rebound 'Ohhh' SCOREEEEEE!!!!!!! PRIMEAU HAS TIED THE GAME!!!!!!

Gagne finished that game. Despite injuries I would not want Gags to play anywhere except in Philadelphia.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gagne and Iggy have had chemistry in the past. Forget about Carter, send Gags to Cowtown.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gagne and Iggy have had chemistry in the past. Forget about Carter, send Gags to Cowtown.

If they have great chem I'll give you Carter for Iginla as long as Iggy agrees to sign for 350k a year.:D

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yep.. i want him in philly til he retires.. he's probably the only guy that i would legit be upset with trading regardless of who it brought in

scottflyers88

Lets Go Flyers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
i would be upset trading him, richards, or giroux. anyone else and it would depend on what we got back in the trade to determine if i am upset or not.

WOOTPOKER

Why you heff to be mad?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
this is a guy you keep on the flyers at all costs. i dont know why people want to trade this guy. sure he makes a lot of money, but hes SO valuable to this team. not only is he a leader, but he's good for 30 goals and is one of the BEST defensive minded forwards in the league. its very rare that you see a guy who can score as many goals as gagne be so defensively responsible. gagne only makes our team better.

his cap hit now is 5.25 mil..his production is no longer 40 goal caliber, but i think over a full season he can still score 30-33 goals when healthy. when hes due for a new contract he will not earn 5.25 mil per again. i think he will earn around 4.25 per. do what we did with prongs and brieres contract, front load it and lock this guy up til the end of his career. if we crunch all the numbers rights, we can still give giroux and leino raises and still sign gags.