• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Andrew Goudelock Named D-League MVP

Big Red Slugs

Captain Hook
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like he's going to get more time tomorrow as well, with basically all of our guards out now.

The NBA Development League has selected Lakers guard Andrew Goudelock as the 2012-13 most valuable player.

Goudelock averaged 21.4 points and 5.8 assists for the Rio Grande Valley Vipers of Hidalgo, Texas. The 6-foot-3 guard also played for the Sioux Falls Skyforce.

Andrew Goudelock named NBA Development League MVP - latimes.com

Big Red Slugs

Captain Hook
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks the starting backcourt tonight will either be Morris/Duhon or Morris/Goudelock.

I do not want to see Duhon on the court at all, but it's going to happen tonight regardless. Hope we see more of Goudelock than we do of Duhon.

Goudelock has only seen 12 total minutes of NBA court action this season, looks like a major opportunity for the young fella.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear you BSR. Since Kobe, Blake, Nash, and Meeks are all out, Goudelock is going to see significant minutes along with Morris. I like his offense but his defense is a bit lame. It will be a super opportunity and if plays well, he may be part of the rebuild effort. I absolutely do not want to be embarrassed by Duhon. Stone-cold waste of a professional basketball player.

Perhaps we will see Ebanks at one of the guard positions since Don'tknowi has simply effed this whole thing up and does not have a clue how to coach his way anywhere let alone in the play-offs. Ebanks would present a match-up problem for their guard and he may even have a half decent offense.

The killer though is our answer for PArker. The only guy so far that has demonstrated any significant defense has been Morris. His defense is noticeable but Parker still beats us in teh paint penetration. Morris has trouble on dribble penetration and the subsequent dish to one of the bigs on the Offense end of the court. So, his play is still iffy.

Big Red Slugs

Captain Hook
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear you BSR. Since Kobe, Blake, Nash, and Meeks are all out, Goudelock is going to see significant minutes along with Morris. I like his offense but his defense is a bit lame. It will be a super opportunity and if plays well, he may be part of the rebuild effort. I absolutely do not want to be embarrassed by Duhon. Stone-cold waste of a professional basketball player.

Perhaps we will see Ebanks at one of the guard positions since Don'tknowi has simply effed this whole thing up and does not have a clue how to coach his way anywhere let alone in the play-offs. Ebanks would present a match-up problem for their guard and he may even have a half decent offense.

The killer though is our answer for PArker. The only guy so far that has demonstrated any significant defense has been Morris. His defense is noticeable but Parker still beats us in teh paint penetration. Morris has trouble on dribble penetration and the subsequent dish to one of the bigs on the Offense end of the court. So, his play is still iffy.

Totally agree on Morris, I think his defensive advantage over AG is want won him that spot and cut AG earlier in the season. I don't mind seeing both of them get some burn right now, honestly. Let's see what we got. Trial by fire.

Not sure about Ebanks, though. Hate to say it, but I think dude has bigger issues than just basketball. Hope he gets his life straight and can contribute somewhere in the league, I always liked him.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Morris and Goudelouck may be the future backcourt, so like you stated, it be good for the both of them to get going now. I soo want Ebanks to succeed but he may indeed be in a world of sh*t and needs to take care of business.

FYI, I see jayviabay has taken a liking to you (just kidding). He's a bit of punk that has a need for attention. If he gets too obtrusive and obtuse, put him on your ignore list. It is up under the "User CP" menu since you are past the official 40 posts. Just type in his ID name and the Adminisitor will do the rest. I know you can more than hold you own with posters like these but if you want a little peace, you know what to do.

Silas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be a good opportunity for the Laker youngsters to show their stuff, though it probably won't be enough to overcome the Spurs.

I'm not a fan of D'Antoni, but with all the Laker injuries I don't think any coach could lead the Lakers past the Spurs in this Series.

Big Red Slugs

Captain Hook
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a fan of D'Antoni, but with all the Laker injuries I don't think any coach could lead the Lakers past the Spurs in this Series.

Can't really argue there, Silas.

Thing is, for me, I just don't see the wisdom in keeping a coach you already know is unfit for pursuing a championship, especially when Dwight Howard is your stated future franchise player and Howard wants to play inside-out. In fact, last week Broussard said that Howard's main factor in deciding where to sign this summer is that he wants to play inside-out. That's not D'Antoni, so why waste another year of development/growth?

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pulling for Goudelock, but I don't expect much. I think it says a lot that the best D-League player couldn't sniff the big leagues all season long. Goudelock is one of those tweeners. He's a SG is a PG body and has no ability to play PG. I don't see that great of a future in the NBA for him.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Lakersrule: Here is Goudelock's second chance to prove you're right and me wrong or vice versa. If he screws this up, you'll be absolutely right that he'll be playing in the D-league the remainder of his career. But right now, he can't do any worse than Chris Duhon who has been in the majors for a few years.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sure hope he proves me wrong Retro. The kid can shoot and has a decent little floater going to the hole. He's gonna get wide open perimeter shots tonight. I think the Spurs will pack the paint even tighter without the Steves and Meeks out there.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I agree. This is going to be Goudelock's and Morris' opportunity to demonstrate that they are big league legit and can handle the pressure with a championship level of play. Otherwise, they'll both be a part of some trade or an outright release.

BiffMcFly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Lakers fans are living in a faulty paradigm. Morris & Goudelock are not the answer. Lakers made a huge mistake trading their draft pick for Nash this year. Lower 1st round can be where the value lies. ....

....Now that said like Harvey Keitel from Pulp Fiction there might be a way to fix this. Another team has to take Nash in a trade....A team with a lot of young big men that needs a passer. That might be a team like the Jazz. They may never go for it.

And you may not see this now. Kobe may go to a team like the Warriors if he wants another title.

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Morris and Goudelouck may be the future backcourt, so like you stated, it be good for the both of them to get going now. I soo want Ebanks to succeed but he may indeed be in a world of sh*t and needs to take care of business.

FYI, I see jayviabay has taken a liking to you (just kidding). He's a bit of punk that has a need for attention. If he gets too obtrusive and obtuse, put him on your ignore list. It is up under the "User CP" menu since you are past the official 40 posts. Just type in his ID name and the Adminisitor will do the rest. I know you can more than hold you own with posters like these but if you want a little peace, you know what to do.

What in the world are you talking about? I think you have me mixed up with some other poster? What have i said to any of you newbies for you to conclude that im a "punk that needs attention??

Last i checked i have had decent convos with most on here, including you...