• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

....and Tony Stewart's career is over?

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I assume he was doing the same fucking thing the rest of them was doing - racing and having a good time.

Is there a law against that?:omg:

That is his life. Racing. He has no wife, no kids, he goes to the short tracks constantly and bangs the pick of the litter being the only superstar there.

Bottpm line, with both cases, this was a game of chicken. Switch places, Stewart walks the track the same way, Ward gets close to scare him.

How many would be out to hang Ward for running over stewart.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is his life. Racing. He has no wife, no kids, he goes to the short tracks constantly and bangs the pick of the litter being the only superstar there.

Bottpm line, with both cases, this was a game of chicken. Switch places, Stewart walks the track the same way, Ward gets close to scare him.

Some how I think Stewart being a veteran racer would have had the common sense not to walk out onto the track in anger. It is what it is and if you are racing for money or sport you want to win and you will do what it takes to win. When big dollars are involved, then the competitors will get dirty.

Any how, my point was that if he was out there competing - I see nothing wrong with that just because most of them are younger. Stewart in this case cannot be held responsible for the death of the young man though because it was an accident. What needs to happen is that the racing event holders need to emphasize more on safety and the importance of not stepping out onto the track even in anger. Racing can be a dangerous sport and safety must be considered a priority

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No law against being a fuckin has been that needs to boost his testosterone on beating kids at that or any other sport there genius

If he enjoys it - then whatever - I see nothing wrong with it, but I do see that in soccer with older players staying out there and trying to hang with the younger crowd

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some how I think Stewart being a veteran racer would have had the common sense not to walk out onto the track in anger.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwc8obMmv7o]Stewart throws his helmet at Kenseth - YouTube[/ame]

Pariah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not sure these local tracks have Krispy Kremes located nearby.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some how I think Stewart being a veteran racer would have had the common sense not to walk out onto the track in anger. It is what it is and if you are racing for money or sport you want to win and you will do what it takes to win. When big dollars are involved, then the competitors will get dirty.

Any how, my point was that if he was out there competing - I see nothing wrong with that just because most of them are younger. Stewart in this case cannot be held responsible for the death of the young man though because it was an accident. What needs to happen is that the racing event holders need to emphasize more on safety and the importance of not stepping out onto the track even in anger. Racing can be a dangerous sport and safety must be considered a priority

Like sense enough not to gun the motor just to scare a kid who just pissed off hot head stewart.... and racing can be dangerous when an asshole like stewart thinks being a hard ass is more important than safety!!! No doubt the kid was in the wrong for leaving his car but your hero gunned the motor to buzz the kid and it got loose and hit him.... Stewart is washed up and cant run with the big dogs no more so he races young kids because thats all he can compete with!!! He's a has been and now he just screwed himself for life with his idiotic shit by taking someones life and he has to live with it!!!!

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like sense enough not to gun the motor just to scare a kid who just pissed off hot head stewart.... and racing can be dangerous when an asshole like stewart thinks being a hard ass is more important than safety!!! No doubt the kid was in the wrong for leaving his car but your hero gunned the motor to buzz the kid and it got loose and hit him.... Stewart is washed up and cant run with the big dogs no more so he races young kids because thats all he can compete with!!! He's a has been and now he just screwed himself for life with his idiotic shit by taking someones life and he has to live with it!!!!

Stewart is far from a has been. He won the Cup championship just 3 years ago. His problem is what generally happens to all guys that drive for themselves; A lot starts to weigh on the mind. SHR added 1 team and 2 new drivers this year. The organization as a whole just has not had a substantial amount of luck this year. Yeah, Harvick and Busch have won races, but they have also had a lot of DNF's, 7 between the 2, while Tony has only had 1 and Danica has had 3 DNF's. If Kurt did not have his win, Harvick would be the only one currently locked into the Chase. That has to take a toll on Stewart, especially from the sponsors demanding better results.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not only did Stewart get pretty close to that car, it seemed to me that the crash was his fault!

That wreck was at Bristol. I don't like either of those drivers, so I have no bias on the subject, but that wreck was just a product of hard racing. Neither driver wanted to give up the spot. Both were probably on old tires, and couldn't hold their lines.

...and for those saying that Tony goes out onto the track all the time to confront other drivers, that incident where he threw his helmet clearly happened on pit road, not on the race track.

Indrid Cold

Member In Black
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That wreck was at Bristol. I don't like either of those drivers, so I have no bias on the subject, but that wreck was just a product of hard racing. Neither driver wanted to give up the spot. Both were probably on old tires, and couldn't hold their lines.

...and for those saying that Tony goes out onto the track all the time to confront other drivers, that incident where he threw his helmet clearly happened on pit road, not on the race track.

Yah, that was pretty clear...also wasn't on dirt and there was no way the other driver couldn't see him.
Still, he did approach the car...

Nascar Addict

"Rootbeer's good for your root!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that a death on the track would change anyone. And I'm sure that it will give Tony more than a moment of pause in the future. This will probably cause him to have a hard time posting decent runs. Let alone wins. I honestly don't see Tony winning another Championship.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

First of all Stewart is not my hero and I have no interest in watching any races, except the legitimate ones in NAASCAR, Indy 500 and etc.

I am not saying that Stewart has a level head or is a nice guy and certainly not the brightest on the block, but at the end of the day, Stewart walked away alive and healthy and the other guy didn't.
It is still a man's sport being played out by grown men who should know some things about safety. It is one thing to play chicken inside a car with a row bar to protect you, it's another to throw your helmet at another player, but those are far cries from walking out onto the track on a curve where the kid could and did get blind side by another racer. Stewart may be washed up in the professional circuit, but if he wants to race in the lessor races - as I said - I see nothing wrong with that. I think he will get over this and move on though because the death was not his fault.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stewart is far from a has been. He won the Cup championship just 3 years ago. His problem is what generally happens to all guys that drive for themselves; A lot starts to weigh on the mind. SHR added 1 team and 2 new drivers this year. The organization as a whole just has not had a substantial amount of luck this year. Yeah, Harvick and Busch have won races, but they have also had a lot of DNF's, 7 between the 2, while Tony has only had 1 and Danica has had 3 DNF's. If Kurt did not have his win, Harvick would be the only one currently locked into the Chase. That has to take a toll on Stewart, especially from the sponsors demanding better results.

Dude, if he wasn't a has been, he is now. This will haunt him each and everytime he gets behind the wheel. He should just focus on being an owner, because his career as a driver is done!!!

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all Stewart is not my hero and I have no interest in watching any races, except the legitimate ones in NAASCAR, Indy 500 and etc.

I am not saying that Stewart has a level head or is a nice guy and certainly not the brightest on the block, but at the end of the day, Stewart walked away alive and healthy and the other guy didn't.
It is still a man's sport being played out by grown men who should know some things about safety. It is one thing to play chicken inside a car with a row bar to protect you, it's another to throw your helmet at another player, but those are far cries from walking out onto the track on a curve where the kid could and did get blind side by another racer. Stewart may be washed up in the professional circuit, but if he wants to race in the lessor races - as I said - I see nothing wrong with that. I think he will get over this and move on though because the death was not his fault.

Like I said, the kid should of never gotten out of the car, no doubt. But if the death was not stewart's fault why is the investigation on going??? I have speculation just like everyone else, but there are to many factors pointing towards stewart doing his trade mark stupid shit that made this worse than what it could of been!!!

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The answer appears to be yes:

NASCAR: Tony Stewart To Announce Retirement From Auto Racing After Accident That Kills Competing Driver | Empire News

NASCAR Insiders Rusty Wallace and Darrell Waltrip have informed the Associated Press that three-time Sprint Cup Champion Tony Stewart will hold a press conference in the coming days, and is expected to announce his retirement from all auto racing activities, as well as announcing the sale of his half of his ownership of Stewart-Haas Racing. The announcement comes after Stewart tragically struck and killed fellow sprint car driver Kevin Ward, Jr.

“This was a tragic accident, one he just can’t get over. I talked with Tony yesterday and he made it clear, he is done with racing. I tried to suggest to him to take time off and think it over for a few months, he told me he has made up his mind and will announce soon. I hope he changes his mind, but it sure sounded like he meant it,” said former NASCAR champion and Hall of Fame member Rusty Wallace.

According to Waltrip, he talked to Stewart for hours the night after the accident and again two days ago, and he says Stewart has been grieving more and more after the initiative shock.

“The man hasn’t slept for days, this has rocked his world harder than anything he has ever had to deal with. He told me he could never effectively get back in a race car and drive. He can barely bring himself to drive his Ford Taurus to the supermarket and back without cringing. I expect an announcement in the next few days, he is just working on what he is going to say to the fans and most importantly the father of the victim, Kevin Ward, Sr.,” Waltrip told NASCAR reporter Nicole Briscoe via telephone interview last night.

Ward, 20, had climbed out of his Sprint car during a dirt race in Canadaigua, N.Y., and he walked toward Stewart’s car during a caution, and while gesturing to him was struck and killed by the car Stewart was driving. Ward was pronounced dead on his way to the hospital.

Several race fans who have watched the horrific video believe that Stewart’s aggressive racing nature caused the death of Ward, including Ward’s father.

“Tony Stewart was the best damn driver by far on the track that night. Why he had to go up as high as he did and hog my son, there’s no reason for it,” Ward Sr. told the Syracuse Post-Standard. “Apparently, he was the only driver on the track who didn’t see [my son.] The one person that knows what happened that night could possibly be facing 10 years in prison. Is he going to say what he’s done?”

Speaking to the Associated Press, Corey Rayburn Yung, a law professor, said that under New York State law, Stewart could very possibly be charged with manslaughter, even if there was no intent to strike Ward.

“The question over whether someone was reckless is a factual one, and one a prosecutor might let a jury decide,” Yung said. “So far, from what I’ve read, Stewart has cooperated with police. That does not mean that once this is all said and done, that they won’t find him at fault one way or the other.”

On whether Stewart will retire from racing, all signs point to yes given the sources. “There will for sure be a press conference in which Tony speaks for himself, I think he sees no other way around this,” said Waltrip. “It will indeed be a sad day for NASCAR.”

Stewart-Haas Racing has not commented on the rumor, and a representative for the team could neither confirm nor deny Stewart’s intentions.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is a fake article.

from twitter

Rusty Wallace @RustyWallace · 3h
For the record, I have neither spoken with Tony Stewart nor AP regarding his retirement. Any such statement is a hoax.

Nicole Briscoe @RB_Mrs · 53m
To be clear, the "story" regarding Tony Stewart's impending retirement is a hoax. I've had no such talks with Darrell Waltrip or the AP.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People are flippin' nuts to pull this krap if it is indeed true. There is enough BS in the world without some idiot fabricating stories just to watch people react.