• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

....and Tony Stewart's career is over?

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what to make of it. But what sent him into the wall in the first place was the cheap crap that everybody is used to with that douche bag Stewart. He says this is his hobby. So his hobby is hitting low level races and sending guys into the wall when they piss him off?

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what to make of it. But what sent him into the wall in the first place was the cheap crap that everybody is used to with that douche bag Stewart. He says this is his hobby. So his hobby is hitting low level races and sending guys into the wall when they piss him off?

Stewart had the inside and preferred line. Ward should have backed off. Stewart did nothing wrong.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The very latest is this. The investigation by the local DA is on-going. There is no criminal investigation being launched or are there criminal charges pending because at present there is no evidence to warrant or support both.

However, last evening on FoxSports and ESPN, analysts were asked for predictions. One FoxSports analyst suggested that he believes that as the investigation continues, there is a good chance that Tony will face manslaughter charges which in New York carry a sentence of 1-15 years. I believe that this sentence maybe mandatory. This of course was speculation mind you, but we shall see. Right now, the former is still operative.

OnlyCrimson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I've seen the only one at fault is the dumbass that died as a result of his own stupidity.

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This definitely hasn't been a good couple of years for Tony. If the guy was killed like some places are saying, I have lost all respect I had for the guy. I don't care how angry you are at another driver, you never should do anything stupid like that. There are some things that he did that I could defend but from what it looks like right now, this is indefensible.

are you referring to an angry guy getting out his car and walking intentionally into the path of sprint cars that don't stop on a dime or ??? :noidea: or Stewart?

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drivers do it all the time. Even in Nascar.

This one was rather famous, as Jimmy Spencer ended up busting his mouth/nose.

94806-650-366.jpg

Why do some of you keep saying, "this happens all the time" incinuating there is nothing wrong with it?!?!? :gaah:

the above picture is just another example of a driver being extremely stupid........ :L

PIBuckeye

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well apparently there's no spotters or pit communications in that circuit so I don't see how Stewart could be at fault for this. I hate him as much as the next guy but how could he have even known that the guy was in the middle of the track under those circumstances? It was right out of a corner on top of it all.

IMHO, Ward walked way down into the path of oncoming cars........ sorry, but I don't see how Stewart can be held responsible for this, plus it was right after a turn............ and it was at night......

I'm betting that Stewart has a pretty good attourney that will win this. now civilly? who knows.....

people need to learn to control their anger...... couldn't he have just flipped him off at his car?????? :L

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I bet Ward proved his point.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
are you referring to an angry guy getting out his car and walking intentionally into the path of sprint cars that don't stop on a dime or ??? :noidea: or Stewart?

Both actually. I think it's obvious that guy shouldn't have walked down the track. He should have just stayed at the top of the track, out of everyone's way and confronted Tony after the race. After a couple days to think about it, I have no idea about what Tony saw and/or was thinking at that moment. Did he see him and just try to scare him and it went horribly wrong? If it was this, Tony should've been smart enough to know that it doesn't take much to lose control on a dirt track. Or did he not have enough time to react after the guy in front of him was trying to maneuver out of the way? The only guy that can answer everybody's questions right now is smartly staying quiet and away from everyone.

So I made the mistake of posting something in the heat of the moment without having all of the facts. :doh:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do some of you keep saying, "this happens all the time" incinuating there is nothing wrong with it?!?!? :gaah:

the above picture is just another example of a driver being extremely stupid........ :L

I don't think anyone has been saying that the kid shouldn't have stayed in his car. It is obvious that the kid had his part in things.

But it is actually common for that to happen in racing. There are other videos and stuff as well, such as when Tony Stewart threw his helmet at Matt Kenseth on the track and so on.

Recently someone intentionally hit another car and sent a car rolling down pit road in Nascar. Not to mention many other things like that on pit road with cars rubbing up against each other. So it wouldn't be out of the ordinary for Tony to want to scare the kid a bit. What is out of the ordinary is that someone actually got hit and killed.

Of course it's all stupid, but it's done because of ego and anger.

I seen in the other thread that the guy in the car ahead of tony said he didn't see him until the last second. If that is the case and Tony didn't see him, then I feel bad for him.

I get the feeling that we won't be seeing people run out in the track anymore however. If nothing else, this will put an end to all that.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I kind of feel that Tony Stewart is not at fault here - just heard about it on the news and from what I have seen, the other guy stepped out onto the race track with the race still in progress. He was obviously upset that Stewart caused him to spin out and crash - but that is no reason to take it to the track and it was stupid. It is a shame that his stupidity just cost him his life, but Stewart did not intentionally kill him

Rams4ever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been watching NASCAR for longer than many of your have been born. I have watched the film and there is no criminal intent or evidence. The kid did a stupid thing when he got out of his car. Tony was driving at yellow flag speed. With the lighting as poor as it was, and this kid wearing a black suit, Tony may not have been able to see him. The car in front of Tony had to swerve and Tony probably did not see the kid standing on the side. It was a track accident. Of course the media will have a great time with all their legal talking heads. But it was still a track accident.

Tony will probably be sued by the family, That is where this will go and where it will end,

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this came down quick

YouTube

had audio of "someone" gunning the throttle right when Tony fishtailed and hit the guy. Granted, it was from the opposite side of the track, and I guess a driver closer might have gunned the throttle, even though they were under a caution, but only tony fishtailed.

it might go back up again, but they are probably watching it pretty close.

douggie

Iron Duke
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,692.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been watching NASCAR for longer than many of your have been born. I have watched the film and there is no criminal intent or evidence. The kid did a stupid thing when he got out of his car. Tony was driving at yellow flag speed. With the lighting as poor as it was, and this kid wearing a black suit, Tony may not have been able to see him. The car in front of Tony had to swerve and Tony probably did not see the kid standing on the side. It was a track accident. Of course the media will have a great time with all their legal talking heads. But it was still a track accident.

Tony will probably be sued by the family, That is where this will go and where it will end,

:agree:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've seen the same thing on the freeway as well. Some asshole tries to pass everyone up on the shoulder of the road and then gets pissed when no one will let him get in the lane before he gets caught by the chp. Then gets mad at me and stops his vehicle in the #3 lane with one more additional lane to my right, proceeds to get out of his car with a club - wanting to fight. Seeing what this dumb ass was going to do, I signaled by hand to the car in my blind spot to slow down so I could go around him and then I floored it and I would not have stopped had he stayed in the lane.

IT IS STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID STUPID and STUPID.

IN FACT IT IS AS GOOD AS SUICIDE.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I assume he was doing the same fucking thing the rest of them was doing - racing and having a good time.

Is there a law against that?:omg:

No law against being a fuckin has been that needs to boost his testosterone on beating kids at that or any other sport there genius

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the difference. The car just ahead of Tony slowed down and swerved to avoid the kid. Tony did just about the opposite.

I don't want to be judge, jury and executioner but lots of real life accidents happen when folks are driving along and something pops out in front of the car 2 or 3 in front of them.

The first couple cars have time to avoid but the 3rd and 4th don't see it in time to do so.

And I'm not saying Stewart is above trying to scare the guy.

But I've had a near miss when a deer came on the highway and I couldn't see it till the guy in front swerved. It was all I could do to avoid it.