• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

And they cheated........Again

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd suspend Belicheat indefinitely. He is making a mockery of the game

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure how big a deal it really is.

And how would you prove it? Couldn't they have put warm air in the balls and let the temperature do the dirty work? Who is responsible then? The Patriots or the Refs/NFL?

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And how would you prove it? Couldn't they have put warm air in the balls and let the temperature do the dirty work? Who is responsible then? The Patriots or the Refs/NFL?

The patriots. Indy's balls didn't deflate so clearly it was done on purpose. The leader takes the blame. It doesn't matter if it was done with warm air or deflated on the sidelines, it was done. Being the coach, you are responsible for everyone working underneath you and their actions when it comes to these things. They are part of his staff.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Both actually. The home team is responsible for the condition of the balls, but prior to the game the referee is supposed to check all 12 game balls, and mark 6 for each team...also mark 6 "k balls" for the kickers.

If they were deflated by a lb or so the officials "allowed" them in play...highly unlikely the balls starting out with the right amount of air and were tampered with during the game...the cumulative effect makes this look bad for NE, but this one is mostly a non-issue.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I honestly am not sure it impacted the outcome of the game. However the Patriots have been caught before violating rules to the point where it could be considered cheating. If this was a first offense maybe you cal slap them on the wrist but this it not the first time and they were punished before.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The patriots. Indy's balls didn't deflate so clearly it was done on purpose. The leader takes the blame. It doesn't matter if it was done with warm air or deflated on the sidelines, it was done. Being the coach, you are responsible for everyone working underneath you and their actions when it comes to these things. They are part of his staff.

Prove it. Let's say what actually happened was that Brady tells the equipment guy to do it. So then when questioned the equipment guy says he doesn't remember how it happened. Belichek says he didn't hear about it. Brady says he doesn't remember asking for anything unusual. Case closed.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both actually. The home team is responsible for the condition of the balls, but prior to the game the referee is supposed to check all 12 game balls, and mark 6 for each team...also mark 6 "k balls" for the kickers.

If they were deflated by a lb or so the officials "allowed" them in play...highly unlikely the balls starting out with the right amount of air and were tampered with during the game...the cumulative effect makes this look bad for NE, but this one is mostly a non-issue.

The refs putting the balls into play would seem to place the responsibility with them. Basically the NFL (the refs) OK'd the game balls each snap they put one in there.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly am not sure it impacted the outcome of the game. However the Patriots have been caught before violating rules to the point where it could be considered cheating. If this was a first offense maybe you cal slap them on the wrist but this it not the first time and they were punished before.

Sure, but just because some convicted murderer jaywalks doesn't necessarily mean he should hang for it.

Deano

Mental ninja
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get how deflating the balls makes a difference. Maybe for casual athletes like us, but these guys are used to playing with perfect equipment. I'd almost think they would prefer the consistency of the normal balls.

My question is why each team has their own set of balls in the first place.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get how deflating the balls makes a difference. Maybe for casual athletes like us, but these guys are used to playing with perfect equipment. I'd almost think they would prefer the consistency of the normal balls.

My question is why each team has their own set of balls in the first place.

Because they would become women without them!

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It apparently makes a difference with passing for some QBs, which is why some teams, like USC, have previously been caught letting air out of the balls. Some people, including some former players, say this happens more than fans realize. Brad Johnson has come out and said he bribed someone to let the air out of balls during the Super Bowl the Bucs won, which is pretty shocking.

I happen to think the Pats would beat the Colts 18 out of 20 times. So I don't think it changed anything. But...I think this needs to be punished because we have a clear pattern now of the Patriots looking for subtle ways to cheat in games and gain an edge over opponents.

Taz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did this effect the outcome of the game no, but before the game who would have thought that they would have blown the Colts like they did. Doesn't really manner, cheating is cheating, the temp was 50 degrees so the temp didn't effect them. I saw the officials at least three times change out the ball now I thought it was because of the rain but maybe it wasn't.

Either way if this was done to circumvent the rules then its cheating and for an organization that continues to get caught doing this it should be a very hard penalty to pay.

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're a bunch of cheating losers. If you get fined almost a million and draft picks you bend over backwards trying to regain your integrity. These clowns have done the opposite.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QBs are coming out of the woodwork to say this has been going on in the NFL for decades, with QBs altering balls with more/less air to suit their preferences. It sounds like the NFL equivalent of pitchers scuffing balls for a better grip. Everyone does it, some just push it too far and get caught.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The NFL was tipped off. They weighed the balls at half time and had to reinflate all the Pats balls. All the Colts balls were weighed and all were regulation.

2 pounds psi is too much to happen naturally and if it was some kind of defect why only in the Pats balls?

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QBs are coming out of the woodwork to say this has been going on in the NFL for decades, with QBs altering balls with more/less air to suit their preferences. It sounds like the NFL equivalent of pitchers scuffing balls for a better grip. Everyone does it, some just push it too far and get caught.

The Tampa QB Brad Johnson admits he paid a guy $7500 to deflate balls in that superbowl

WIZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Tampa QB Brad Johnson admits he paid a guy $7500 to deflate balls in that superbowl
I heard it was to scuff them so he didn't have to wear gloves. :noidea:

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard it was to scuff them so he didn't have to wear gloves. :noidea:

I stand corrected. He had them scuffed.

DaEagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No biggie...If any other team it wouldn't be an issue.

Sounds like they filled them all up at halftime and they then scored 21 in the 3rd.

Just another thing in the NFL that I wouldn't be surprised if quite a few teams don't do this stuff. It's kind o like when you hear about a college player getting $. Happens to ALL the damn programs...only hear about a select few.