• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

And now .....

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks, but you give me too much credit. I'm actually one of the nicest Penguin fans you'll ever meet.

If you ever have time, make sure to check this out,
Very informative take on the rivalry. It goes way beyond making fun of each others logos and coming up with juvenile names for the players on the other team.

Have a great day, Psych, you're not gonna bait me into creating drama on the Flyers board. Sorry, but Doobster don't play that.

Yea we don't go for that :lol:

In all seriousness, I may say fuck the Pens/Rags/Isles and so on,but as for their fans-never.

Most fans of teams here,other than the Flyers(hard to believe),are pretty knowledgeable about the game,and can trash talk,as much as we do.

if you can't take some jabs about your teams in kidding,perhaps another forum-cooking- may be for you.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea we don't go for that :lol:

In all seriousness, I may say fuck the Pens/Rags/Isles and so on,but as for their fans-never.

Most fans of teams here,other than the Flyers(hard to believe),are pretty knowledgeable about the game,and can trash talk,as much as we do.

if you can't take some jabs about your teams in kidding,perhaps another forum-cooking- may be for you.
I don't mind jabs, but as a Pens fan that likes to interact with Flyer fans, I'm used to it.

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And back to the topic at hand.....

What next? Really don't think that Erickson (louie) is the solution.
One thought I have heard repeated but don't think I have seen in print or online is that the Flyers may move Brayden Schenn at the draft in a package to either 1. move up to top 5 or 2. get a 2nd 1st round pick. Don't think that would necessarily be the best thing...but a thought that I have seen echoed.

The Flyers do need a top 6 winger who has some size/physical presence.

I still see this team making moves for more picks over the next two years and looking for the long term push to be not next season by the year after. That is not to say that they won't compete for the playoffs and or even make it deep....but the plan to put as many players and assets in place appears to be pointing to at least one more year of collecting and maybe two.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dude was here in the offices over the weekend, seen I had my Flyers hat on so he stops by to tell me he was up in Philly watching the Phillies, stopped at a bar before heading home to avoid some of the traffic.
Says he saw G and Ghost sitting up at the bar knockin them back like champs. I told him they had both recently had surgery, he laughs and says, Well they were definitely both self medicating.

:lol:

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude was here in the offices over the weekend, seen I had my Flyers hat on so he stops by to tell me he was up in Philly watching the Phillies, stopped at a bar before heading home to avoid some of the traffic.
Says he saw G and Ghost sitting up at the bar knockin them back like champs. I told him they had both recently had surgery, he laughs and says, Well they were definitely both self medicating.

:lol:
Hopefully they both come back better than ever and hope Gee didn't smack any cops in the butt on his way out of the bar.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And back to the topic at hand.....

What next? Really don't think that Erickson (louie) is the solution.
One thought I have heard repeated but don't think I have seen in print or online is that the Flyers may move Brayden Schenn at the draft in a package to either 1. move up to top 5 or 2. get a 2nd 1st round pick. Don't think that would necessarily be the best thing...but a thought that I have seen echoed.

The Flyers do need a top 6 winger who has some size/physical presence.

I still see this team making moves for more picks over the next two years and looking for the long term push to be not next season by the year after. That is not to say that they won't compete for the playoffs and or even make it deep....but the plan to put as many players and assets in place appears to be pointing to at least one more year of collecting and maybe two.
I don't think moving Schenn helps the team they have some dmen to use for bait. Possibly FA. Look at the rag tag group the pens found that cost them very little. Flyers are closer than we thought...

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the pens can win with that D then the Flyers should be in great shape moving forward. I'm still shocked...expecially after daily went down.
They Pens pretty much were so fast that they were in the other teams end a lot which helps out a shaky defense all the time.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Noticed a lot of similarities between the situation the Pens were in last season & the situation the Flyers were in this season...
-both of us got into the playoffs as the 2nd wildcard
-both of us got knocked out by the President Trophy winners
-both of us had good goaltending & good defense
-both of us had trouble scoring

The key to our turnaround from last season was picking up a lot of speedy players, which is why I think the Flyers should try to go after someone like Michael Grabner this offseason. After watching this game, I believe the most important aspect of hockey is being able to out skate your opponent. If you could out skate your opponent, you could pretty much do anything you want to them at any given time.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They Pens pretty much were so fast that they were in the other teams end a lot which helps out a shaky defense all the time.
true speed kills in any sport but that D wasn't deep especially with daily going down. The sharks definitely peaked too early but they should have been able to find some holes in that D but didn't. It's quite unexplainable but good on the pens for making it work and stepping up. Letang also up'd his game in his own zone he used to be a turnover machine and soft.

On another note the NHL seems to pass on guys who've stumbled around. Bonino, haglan, stempniak, etc...all tossed around like garbage could have been had for a bag of pucks in some cases but played good hockey. The pens added these guys and improved. They also took a chance and played some young guys who drastically improved lightening in a bottle....yet their core guys didn't completely light it up no one looked like an MVP which is bizarre. It was a 4 line win....

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
true speed kills in any sport but that D wasn't deep especially with daily going down. The sharks definitely peaked too early but they should have been able to find some holes in that D but didn't. It's quite unexplainable but good on the pens for making it work and stepping up. Letang also up'd his game in his own zone he used to be a turnover machine and soft.

On another note the NHL seems to pass on guys who've stumbled around. Bonino, haglan, stempniak, etc...all tossed around like garbage could have been had for a bag of pucks in some cases but played good hockey. The pens added these guys and improved. They also took a chance and played some young guys who drastically improved lightening in a bottle....yet their core guys didn't completely light it up no one looked like an MVP which is bizarre. It was a 4 line win....
This is 100% correct and I wish we could put a team together who could do the same with the same result. One thing that was vastly overlooked with this Pens team is they blocked tons of shots from the top players all the way down to the 4th liners.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here in Phoenix, the sports talk radio shows have been discussing the ill-handling of Shane Doan in contract talks, the prolific RW for the Coyotes who is a FA. The two parties are far apart as any two parties could be. The Coyotes FO is stringing him along and there is no progress date.

He scored 28 goals last year and is the team's captain but the FO is not sure they want to keep him around. The FA period is upcoming and even though we are apparently packed at RW, perhaps this would be a great addition to the Flyers and we could probably afford his salary of just 5 mill per year.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here in Phoenix, the sports talk radio shows have been discussing the ill-handling of Shane Doan in contract talks, the prolific RW for the Coyotes who is a FA. The two parties are far apart as any two parties could be. The Coyotes FO is stringing him along and there is no progress date.

He scored 28 goals last year and is the team's captain but the FO is not sure they want to keep him around. The FA period is upcoming and even though we are apparently packed at RW, perhaps this would be a great addition to the Flyers and we could probably afford his salary of just 5 mill per year.
I wouldn't, that has the makings of Vincent Lacavalier all over again. I think the Pens proved that speed is the single most important factor in hockey (with speed, you could do anything). Flyers would be smart to follow that model; after all, you guys are in the same position we were in this time last year.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doobs, Doan isn't exactly slow.
He's not slow, but he doesn't give the Flyers the speed they need to take their game to the next level. I think the ideal free agent pickup for the Flyers would be someone like Michael Grabner. He's a very fast skater, he's 28 years old (so he's just about to hit his prime), & he's someone you could sign for a reasonable price.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, but we also need scoring and Doan brings that.
That he does, but it will likely come with a lofty price tag, something which you might want to think twice about considering he's going to be 40 years old next season.