• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All things Damian Lillard official thread

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL Miami is literally the only team that has shown interest,

Because Dame said he didn't want to go anywhere else. Not that difficult for anyone but you to grasp.

Let’s say he is hypothetically traded to a team like Utah, what’s he going to do, not play??? Yeah right… (Today we just saw Harden fined 100K just for threatening not to play… Yikes!) You don’t think maybe there is another reason the Jazz aren’t lighting up the phone lines for him?

Utah, or any other team, isn't going to give up the assets necessary to get a guy who doesn't want to be there. Something else that everyone except you seems to grasp.

Problem is the Pacers will be giving up hard-earned young talent for a starting backcourt that would be set to earn over $100 million not this year, but in 2026-27 mind you. It would leave the team scrambling to fill the rest of the roster with G-League level talent and veteran retreads just to avoid substantial luxury tax penalties. And half of that said starting backcourt would be 36 years old come that time as it’d be…

Your Pacers wouldn't be interested because they're not a contender and adding Dame wouldn't make them one, especially given what they'd have to give up.

Also, they're like every other team in the league not named Miami...Dame doesn't want to play for them.
The reason Silver’s memorandum feels like a wasted effort at the moment is because the phone lines weren’t exactly buzzing with trade proposals in the first place.

Again, because he poisoned the well by saying he doesn't want to go anywhere else. Silvers memo isn't really going to affect Dame because he made his statement before that. It will likely affect what players do going forward.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and you clearly have such a low self esteem that you get your panties all a flutter over some emoji on a message board. But carry on at getting destroyed in every conversation you have on here. It's entertaining.
I sure hope you realize this forum is more of a camp than it is a message board...

Yeah I just double quoted and if that makes me a hypocrite... See how much I give a shit.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Heat aren't holding back assets because of Lillard's salary. They don't have more assets.

Other teams aren't holding back offers because of Lillard's salary. His agent threatened the rest of the league that his client "wouldn't be happy" if traded elsewhere, implying he would sit out.

Keep pretending it's all about the salary.
Harden got docked 100K just for threatening to sit out, so good luck withe that theory...

What Miami needs to do is simple: Find a third team to take on Herro or they're not getting Dame.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What Miami needs to do is simple: Find a third team to take on Herro or they're not getting Dame.

That's been clear for quite a while, and even then that may not be enough. The picks they can offer are a bit weak as well.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anyone is interested in how I touched on this topic on the other message board, I received a personal record 16 And-1’s for it… (previous record was nine). And no, And-1’s have absolutely nothing to do with Twitter followers. I shouldn’t have to explain to the naive saps of this board that the two aren’t actually the same, but I did so anyway…

RealGM Forums

Believe it or not, it was in largely Heat fans that agreed with me. Others said things along the lines of “we already knew his contract was a hindrance”.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If anyone is interested in how I touched on this topic on the other message board, I received a personal record 16 And-1’s for it… (previous record was nine). And no, And-1’s have absolutely nothing to do with Twitter followers. I shouldn’t have to explain to the naive saps of this board that the two aren’t actually the same, but I did so anyway…

RealGM Forums

Believe it or not, it was in largely Heat fans that agreed with me. Others said things along the lines of “we already knew his contract was a hindrance”.
1hsiii.jpg

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Outside of the facial in the Oval Office and the lying, yep.
They all lie, and most of them get some strange. But Bill definitely pushed the envelope

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see Clinton as the best President of my lifetime...but he's the one I'd most like to have a beer with.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh....Clinton probably but yes Obama did pretty well, I give him a B
Obviously too young to take notes at the time, but looking back it's pretty funny that Clinton had to get involved in the baseball strike. Wouldn't call that "this generation" though.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, that’s some cold shit….lol
What's your point? It's all obvious denial regardless of what side you're on... A $60 million salary is not easy to trade regardless of how good the player is.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

RealGM Forums

unimpressed morgan freeman GIF

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously too young to take notes at the time, but looking back it's pretty funny that Clinton had to get involved in the baseball strike. Wouldn't call that "this generation" though.
I guess I'm getting old. If you're saying best president in 20 years there aren't that many to pick from.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's also a reason the Padres can't trade Xander Bogaerts right now even though he's a player just about everyone would love to have...

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I'm getting old. If you're saying best president in 20 years there aren't that many to pick from.
Baseball strike was almost 30 years ago, bud... If one was in school now that'd be his or her dad's childhood.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the end of the day, Dame wanted his cake and eat it, too.

Had he not signed that extension, he could have been employed with his new team right now getting ready for training camp. Barring something last minute, he won't here in 2023...

With a blink of an eye, it's September folks.