• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All things Damian Lillard official thread

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This might take awhile, folks.

Looks like I nailed it on the screws last week when I said a third team would be needed to take on Herro...

It really is unfortunate that Portland let this questionable relationship drag on this long. The reality is that extension they signed Dame to last year actually made it harder to trade him, not easier.

If I could offer a modest suggestion: Charlotte.
  • Miami gets Dame
  • Hornets get Herro
  • Portland gets Terry Rozier and Kai Jones (a bit of a busted prospect in need of a fresh look)
Miami also sends Robinson, Highsmith, Jovic, and draft compensation to the Blazers...

If KD wasn't able to get traded in a summer's duration, best of luck with Dame. Have fun boys. :thumb:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what is the point of shipping Herro to a 3rd team if you get an older guard from that 3rd team in return. Still a clusterfuck of guards.

This trade is pointless

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what is the point of shipping Herro to a 3rd team if you get an older guard from that 3rd team in return. Still a clusterfuck of guards.

This trade is pointless
Rozier offers a little more flexibility in that he could play with or without the ball, and a guy you could potentially pump up his value for another trade haul down the line.

Herro makes zero sense for Portland in that they already have a pair of twos in Simons and Sharpe.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rozier offers a little more flexibility in that he could play with or without the ball, and a guy you could potentially pump up his value for another trade haul down the line.

Herro makes zero sense for Portland in that they already have a pair of twos in Simons and Sharpe.
You are absolutely correct about Herro, and them needing a 3rd team. But your trade is dumb.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This trade is pointless
After just drafting Scoot why would they want to bring in another PG instead of a SG or wing?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All ears if you got something better.
BKN, who is rumored to be the 3rd team, makes sense. They have multiple wings-problem is do have a clear interest in Herro more than shipping DFS and/or Cam. They just paid Cam so I think he is there to stay. Portland needs a wing or possibly a center when they ship Nurkic.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BKN, who is rumored to be the 3rd team, makes sense. They have multiple wings-problem is do have a clear interest in Herro more than shipping DFS and/or Cam. They just paid Cam so I think he is there to stay. Portland needs a wing or possibly a center when they ship Nurkic.
From what I’ve read Brooklyn is one of the teams in on Dame. Not entirely sure why given their February firesale.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams that could have interest in Lillard or 3-teamer:

Miami- obvious
Philly-obvious
Brooklyn-obvious
Chicago? - LaVine and DeRozan could be moved. They could be the 3rd team that could facilitate a trade
San Antonio - Vassell, McDermott + picks

Darkhorses:
New Orleans - Zion rumored to be on the trade block-could make things interesting. No rumors- my opinion.
OKC - is this the time Presti finally gets involved. No saying Dame goes to OKC but Herro would be a nice fit and they have picks and assets.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Miami- obvious
Philly-obvious
Brooklyn-obvious
Chicago? - LaVine and DeRozan could be moved. They could be the 3rd team that could facilitate a trade

Darkhorses:
New Orleans - Zion rumored to be on the trade block-could make things interesting. No rumors- my opinion.
OKC - is this the time Presti finally gets involved. No saying Dame goes to OKC but Herro would be a nice fit and they have picks and assets.
No way Presti gives up his hard earned assets for Herro. New Orleans is possible, I'm just not sure what available contracts they have to send to Portland. Chicago a long shot.

I still like Charlotte because admittedly I see more value in Rozier than most...

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also unfortunate in all of this is that not many teams make a whole lot of sense to acquire a 32-year-old Dame that's set to make over $60 million in the year 2027...

It's Miami and maybe the Clippers and that's about it.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even the most biased fan I would hope would say that my proposal was better than that of ESPN’s Bobby Marks…

Why on God’s green earth would Brooklyn give up Dinwiddie, Cam Thomas, and multiple picks for Tyler fucking Herro??? And the whole point of the third team was to limit Portland’s guard compensation to begin with.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Miami- obvious
Philly-obvious
Brooklyn-obvious

Darkhorses:
A couple of ideas (picks can be adjusted as needed):

1689105752165.png

1689107541297.png