• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

All things Damian Lillard official thread

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does Portland want 4 years of Lavine for a rebuild?

Portland has wanted Lavine for a while (native northwest kid from Seattle). This would be more of a reload, which it almost has to be with the Heat's picks being 5 years out or more.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure he actually said that but an interesting source from the guy that's already forced two trades.
If he said it wouldn't that be the point? Dame said he (and others) were running from the grind but has done the same....but only chose 1 team he wants to play for.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The two teams that are rumored to be interested in LaVine are Portland and Philly @fightinfunbags

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does Portland want 4 years of Lavine for a rebuild?

Because if Portland decides to completely blow up the team and tank, their GM (the one in charge of making this trade) gets fired from his dream job.

You are a 76ers fan. "Trust the process".

Of course the GM who was the architect of it got fired after 3 seasons and has never been hired by another NBA franchise since. That's the truth of what happens when a GM looks to tank and that is why they dont make that choice. Worked his whole life for his dream job as a NBA general manager and now he cant get a job as a popcorn vendor in an NBA stadium.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,330.02
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because if Portland decides to completely blow up the team and tank, their GM (the one in charge of making this trade) gets fired from his dream job.

Of course the GM who was the architect of it got fired after 3 seasons and has never been hired by another NBA franchise since. That's the truth of what happens when a GM looks to tank and that is why they dont make that choice. Worked his whole life for his dream job as a NBA general manager and now he cant get a job as a popcorn vendor in an NBA stadium.
Hinkie is a poor example because Adam Silver essentially fired him and made the Sixers hire Colangelo but I get your point about the GM valuing keeping his job.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Tanking isn't why that GM was removed, replaced and hasn't been picked up.

The league doesn't want tanking, yet multiple teams tank every season.

The problem in Philly is that they didn't just tank, they rubbed the leagues nose in it by giving it a cute little name.

Basically, they said the quiet part out loud.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should be clear as daylight why Dame hasn't been traded yet and it's not because he wants to go to Miami.

There's a reason Donovan Mitchell was traded during the summer of 2022 and Kevin Durant wasn't. That reason is because mid-30's stars with gargantuan contracts aren't easy to trade.

I made my best suggestion for Lillard. God knows the reason it hasn't happened. Maybe Charlotte doesn't want Herro and maybe Portland doesn't want Rozier... The concept remains the same, though.

If Team X wanted Lillard that badly, they would have gotten him by now.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should be clear as daylight why Dame hasn't been traded yet and it's not because he wants to go to Miami.

There's a reason Donovan Mitchell was traded during the summer of 2022 and Kevin Durant wasn't. That reason is because mid-30's stars with gargantuan contracts aren't easy to trade.

I made my best suggestion for Lillard. God knows the reason it hasn't happened. Maybe Charlotte doesn't want Herro and maybe Portland doesn't want Rozier... The concept remains the same, though.

If Team X wanted Lillard that badly, they would have gotten him by now.

lol

Youre Wrong Gordon Ramsay GIF by Hell's Kitchen

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, the Heat don't have enough (or enticing) assets for Portland. Nothing more.

Exactly.

There is no sense of urgency to get something done right now.

The Heat have made their offer and don't have any competition for him, so they aren't going to bid against themselves.

The Blazers have him locked up for the next couple of years, so they don't have to "settle" for less than what they want just to "get something for him".

Right now, it's about who blinks first.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly.

The Heat have made their offer and don't have any competition for him, so they aren't going to bid against themselves.

The Blazers have him locked up for the next couple of years, so they don't have to "settle" for less than what they want just to "get something for him".

This.

On top of that it's highly unlikely Dame will hold out. He loves Portland and requested the trade because they haven't done anything to get better to allow him to compete at a high level. If the organization can make a few moves that alters the course, there could be a potential for him to stay.

Remember what happened when Kobe requested a trade? The Lakers swung a trade for Pau Gasol. The rest is history.

I'm not saying that exact situation would arise, but the Blazers have some young pieces they may be able to offer for a disgruntled star later in the year. There's no need for the Blazers to just dump Lillard.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly.

The Heat probably should have a sense of urgency to find a third team for such a deal.

Given the valuable depth they've lost this summer, they'll be fighting for their play-in lives assuming Dame isn't in the fold.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This.

On top of that it's highly unlikely Dame will hold out. He loves Portland and requested the trade because they haven't done anything to get better to allow him to compete at a high level. If the organization can make a few moves that alters the course, there could be a potential for him to stay.

Remember what happened when Kobe requested a trade? The Lakers swung a trade for Pau Gasol. The rest is history.

I'm not saying that exact situation would arise, but the Blazers have some young pieces they may be able to offer for a disgruntled star later in the year. There's no need for the Blazers to just dump Lillard.
This is a wild comparison given that the player entitlement era is a little different now than it was in 2007.

The fact that "David Silver" is investigating the Harden situation is very telling that he's starting to become fed up with it.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going strictly off mannerisms on here, one would think that Dame is a muli-MVP winner while Harden is a proven overpaid loser.

The fact remains that Harden has won more playoff series in his Houston days than Dame has his whole career...

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going strictly off mannerisms on here, one would think that Dame is a muli-MVP winner while Harden is a proven overpaid loser.

The fact remains that Harden has won more playoff series in his Houston days than Dame has his whole career...

...yet now, he is in fact an overpaid "loser", while Dame is much the same player from his prime.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Heat probably should have a sense of urgency to find a third team for such a deal.

Given the valuable depth they've lost this summer, they'll be fighting for their play-in lives assuming Dame isn't in the fold.

They have a long time before they will be at that point.

Assuming that Dame doesn't expand his list, it wouldn't surprise me if the season starts with Dame still in Portland.

If that happens, the Heat will continue to be patient for as long as possible. But, if they are at play in level, they will start to sweeten the pot. It may also be easier to do at that point because other teams will be looking to make moves.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i am a lifelong celtics fan and there was a rumour a few months back they were seriously thinking about trading for lillard.i don,t know what happened but i have not heard anything else about it from other celtic fans.